Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Romulans and McCoys... my review inside!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

I received my Romulan today, and it's got a small paint chip on the top of the helmet where the helmet contacts the bubble. No big whoop, but bad luck all the same. Anyone else seeing little chips like that?

Comment

• fumetti
      • Feb 12, 2008

Got my Romulan this week. From what I read here and looking at the figure, I'll probably never try to take the helmet off.

If I want to see the head sculpt, I guess I'll have to wait until EMCE makes a non-soldier Romulan character.

Comment

• jemboy2004
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2005

I got the Romulan and Androrian, and the klingon as he was on sale due to a damaged card. No complainants at all about the Andorian and Klingon but the Romulan lost paint on his eye brow when I took off his helment and I'm a bit disappointed with that. The back also has some paint on it from the inside of the helmet but that doesn't bother me so much but the eyebrow does. If you can get a new head replacement I'd be thrilled!

Otherwise I'm VERY impressed with the them. They are Very well made and I think really awesome and EMCE deserves a big Congratulations on them. I didn't buy the crew from EMCE as most stores in my area are sold out of Kirk (believe it or not!!)but I seen a spock and mc coy that were being held for another customer and I actually like the silver better than the gold stripes. I wish the originals had silver on them!

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

I have oodles of the new Romulans and most have the paint on the back of the head when you remove the helmet, but I havent found one yet where you couldnt just rub the paint scuff from the helmet off with no damage to the Romulan head paint underneath.
          As for the eyebrow thing...thats how I used to tell if an original Mego Romulan had been repackaged or not..scuffed eyebrows meant the "MIP" seller was full of it. In other words, its a common problem.
          If you are really carefull, and lift the helmet off without rolling it forward too soon, you may escape the dreaded Romulan with no eyebrows syndrome.
          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I just picked up my Romulan 2 hours ago during lunch. I had just enought time to drop it off at home and head back to work. I cannot wait to get home and open it up. I'll probably rip the helmet off so quick that both eyebrows will fly off!

EMCE toys got me siked up!!!
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Doc Mego carries replacement eyebrows for the Romulan listed under 'alien face caterpillars.'

Comment

• Megosean
                Old School Megoer
                • Jun 2, 2007

I received mine, had no issues getting the helmet off and it looks awesome. A steal really. The tricorder strap is a little thin and flimsy like the belt but all together a kick *** piece.
                I have way, way, way too many toys.
                http://www.toysyouhad.com

Comment

• TedStriker
                  • Aug 29, 2007

Does anyone know why the phasers are facing backwards on all the new figures?? I thought it might have been a mistake with the Kirk and Klingon, but evidently, that's not the case.
                  Any ideas?

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 10, 2007

Probably to help keep the new ones very distinguishable from the old ones sot hat unscrupulious sellers won't try to pass them off as origonals.

Lynn

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

I opened my new Romulan fig last night and sure enough, once the helmet was removed, gold stains were left on the back of his head and eyebrows. That being said, with a little spit on my thumb, the rubs quickly came off. However, you can see where it came off inside the helmet so I didn't bother putting the helmet back on.

I still can't believe I own a Mego Romulan. Wow.

I'm going back today to buy two more for my brothers.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

Awesome

Originally posted by drmego
                        After Spock arrived with those silver rank bands, I screamed bloody murder
                        at my guy in China, but he had made Spock and McCoy at the same
                        time - during the lead paint crisis - so I guess it's understandable that
                        he got confused since the emblem is silver.

Future releases of these figures will have gold bands - Scotty has gold
                        bands - so this first batch will be the only silver bands ever made.

Anyone who wants to exchange the silver band Spock/McCoy shirt for the gold band one I made a few years ago can mail me the shirt with their address.
                        I found this post looking to see what to do about McCoy and Spock. If someone wanted a trade, if I should sell them, if they were already worth more.... Thanks Doc. I may take you up on the swap. I'll email or PM you when I decide. I need to order more from you anyway. I also know you are going to China soon.

Hmmm. I wonder why you are going... New stuff to proof...?

I bought 2 more Emces tonight at Blockbuster by the way. THANK YOU!
                        —-
                        “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                        - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                        - Captain Spock
                        https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• cdhall
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 14, 2004

New?

Originally posted by Meule
                          A bonus red tricorder? Too cool. A new official Trek accessory, I love it....

In 30 years collectors will sell their mother to get these rare variants
                          Sorry I don't know this, was there not a Red Tricorder prior to this?

And I may sell/trade/swap my Silver Rank Figures. What is the word on these? Rare? Keep em Minty Fresh?

I'm thinking this may begin my "Collectible" period. Ick. I don't want to start collecting... I'm trying to unload stuff on eBay right now (soon).
                          —-
                          - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2004

Cool!

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
                            Probably to help keep the new ones very distinguishable from the old ones sot hat unscrupulious sellers won't try to pass them off as origonals.

Lynn
                            That would be VERY COOL Planning. Are the cards on the Repros different?

I guess only knowledgeable people would ever know this. But that would be a cool, and highly effective "tell."
                            —-
                            - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• 60'schild
                              Silver Haired Silver Ager
                              • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by Azrak
                              Doc Mego carries replacement eyebrows for the Romulan listed under 'alien face caterpillars.'

Comment

• cdhall
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 14, 2004

?

Originally posted by Azrak
                                I thought those were Mustaches.
                                —-
                                - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍