Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Romulans and McCoys... my review inside!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Just got my shipping notice for these to arrive on here on Thursday, so they should be going out from me as early as Friday. Yeah! Finally will have a Romulan! I'm stoked.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

The Romulan helmet looks much nicer than I expected, and more shiny than the repro pics I have seen on Ebay.

Any chance that the helmets might be sold as accessories? I have a custom Romulan, and I would love to get one of these helmets for him...

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Sweet. Time to pay the piper...
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Coolness! They look great. I'm digging the red tricorder.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• mars396
            Museum Super Collector
            • Sep 14, 2007

Got my two Romulans.
            Now my Repro Romulan display has the more accurate shiny golden helmets !
            (my other repro has a painted helmet – blah)

And I grabbed a repro Bones just for completeness sake.

EMCE has done their usual excellent work.

Bring on the Scotties ! ! !

Mars needs a Red Shirt Army ! ! ! !

(Oh, and Apes too!)

Comment

• censy
              thread killer
              • Sep 26, 2007

spotted out on the town

I saw the Romulan in person last night at a Newbury Comics store. It took all my will to resist buying him, he looked so awesome. I have one coming in the mail from Joe. I think everyone will be pleased.

Chris

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Got My Case of Romulans & McCoys Today...They're AWESOME!!!It's dream come to to finally own a MINT Romulan...thanks Paul...You DID IT!!

My dissappointments are small...The Chainmail isn't identical to the Original...but it's close. The silver Paint rubbing off from the Helmut is a real bummer...because I planned to use one as a Custom(without a Helmut)...and don't think I can safely remove the silver...without removing His Hair color as well.
                sigpic

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
                  Got My Case of Romulans & McCoys Today...They're AWESOME!!!It's dream come to to finally own a MINT Romulan...thanks Paul...You DID IT!!

My dissappointments are small...The Chainmail isn't identical to the Original...but it's close. The silver Paint rubbing off from the Helmut is a real bummer...because I planned to use one as a Custom(without a Helmut)...and don't think I can safely remove the silver...without removing His Hair color as well.
                  Couldn't you remove the silver paint without removing the black paint from the hair?
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Meule
                    Couldn't you remove the silver paint without removing the black paint from the hair?

If You know how...please share! The only way I know to how remove Paint is Acetone...which will remove the brown, as well as the silver.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
                      don't think I can safely remove the silver...without removing His Hair color as well.
                      Just repaint the hair.. Easy, quick, and done.

Lynn

Comment

• Hulk
                        Mayor of Megoville
                        • May 10, 2003

If it is excess, I'd try scraping it off with my fingernail first. Then you could try rubbing lightly with a little bit of antibacterial gel, like Purel. It may take off the excess paint without taking off the original hair color. If I find one of mine that way, that's what I'll be doing.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hulk
                          If it is excess, I'd try scraping it off with my fingernail first. Then you could try rubbing lightly with a little bit of antibacterial gel, like Purel. It may take off the excess paint without taking off the original hair color. If I find one of mine that way, that's what I'll be doing.

I'll try that...thanks Paul!
                          sigpic

Comment

• LordMalvolio
                            • Sep 5, 2007

Got mine in the mail today! Awesome!!!! very exciting to FINALLY get a "real" Romulan!!!! I love it!

And I had an extra set of a Kirk and Klingon and gave them to my 6 year old twin boys. They are hooked! They keep telling me, 'Daddy, we need the other five now!" I created two monsters now.... :D

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

I got my McCoy and Romulan today! They are AWESOME.

Now here's what I did to get the silver paint off the back of the Romulan's head.

I put just a tiny bit of Goo Gone on a paper towel and gently rubbed over the silver paint on the back of the head. It took off the silver paint left from the inside of the helmet without removing any of the brown paint from the hair. Besure to wipe off the back of the head with a wet paper towel when you are done to make sure no Goo Gone is left on head.

Disclaimer: Remember, you try this at your own risk and I will not be held liable if you mess up your toy.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Werewolf
                                I got my McCoy and Romulan today! They are AWESOME.

Now here's what I did to get the silver paint off the back of the Romulan's head.

I put just a tiny bit of Goo Gone on a paper towel and gently rubbed over the silver paint on the back of the head. It took off the silver paint left from the inside of the helmet without removing any of the brown paint from the hair. Besure to wipe off the back of the head with a wet paper towel when you are done to make sure no Goo Gone is left on head.

Disclaimer: Remember, you try this at your own risk and I will not be held liable if you mess up your toy.

GREAT! I own some "Goo Gone"!! THANKS!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎