Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Romulans and McCoys... my review inside!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
    I'll try that...thanks Paul!
    FYI - I tried the fingernail trick with no success. Having long fingernails might have helped.

The antibacterial trick worked like a charm though.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Werewolf
      Now here's what I did to get the silver paint off the back of the Romulan's head.

I put just a tiny bit of Goo Gone on a paper towel and gently rubbed over the silver paint on the back of the head. It took off the silver paint left from the inside of the helmet without removing any of the brown paint from the hair.

IT WORKS!!!! Thank You Man! I tried it...and it removed the silver, without removing His Hair color!
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Just got both the Romulan and Andorian Saturday. Frickin' GREAT!!! Very cool having these guys on the shelf with Kirk and Crew.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
          Career Member
          • Jun 10, 2007

I got my Romulan and McCoy today!! Thank you Paul!!

These just get better and better...
          My Romulan didn't have drop of silver on his head from the helmet, his hair was perfact.

Bring on Scotty, The Keeper, Uhura, and Mugato... I can't wait!!!

Lynn

Comment

• captact
            King of Super Queens!
            • Aug 19, 2007

...And also coming soon,..Scotty with Keeper, Uhura with Mugato and.....KHAN!!!.... will also be made, in red jump suit with a Mugato black belt and molded on boots. The details on the face are fantastic!!!!! check them out!!

DIAMOND RELEASES PICS OF RETRO KHAN, UHURA & MUGATO FIGS : TOYS

Ray
            Last edited by captact; Feb 11, '08, 8:59 PM. Reason: left info

Comment

• mav-man
              • Dec 9, 2007

I didn't have any of the paint stick to the head of my romulan from the helmut, but it put big gauges on him between his eyes; Quite a disapointment that it did that...now I can't take it off him to display because of the marks, other than that they are great. But someone should consider maybe not putting helmuts, etc. on the figures when they are packaged to avoid problems like this.
              I'd really like to have one that didn't have the damage from the helmut, but I'm thinkin' they might all have the same problem...anyone found this happening on their figure too?

Comment

• mikeoz
                Mego Maker
                • Mar 9, 2007

Originally posted by mav-man
                I didn't have any of the paint stick to the head of my romulan from the helmut, but it put big gauges on him between his eyes; Quite a disapointment that it did that...now I can't take it off him to display because of the marks, other than that they are great. But someone should consider maybe not putting helmuts, etc. on the figures when they are packaged to avoid problems like this.
                I'd really like to have one that didn't have the damage from the helmut, but I'm thinkin' they might all have the same problem...anyone found this happening on their figure too?
                Mine actually had the same problem, too. I left the helmet off for awhile hoping the indentations would ease out, but they haven't yet. Other than that, the figure is really well done.
                Looking for:
                Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by captact
                  ...And also coming soon,..Scotty with Keeper, Uhura with Mugato and.....KHAN!!!.... will also be made, in red jump suit with a Mugato black belt and molded on boots. The details on the face are fantastic!!!!! check them out!!

DIAMOND RELEASES PICS OF RETRO KHAN, UHURA & MUGATO FIGS : TOYS

Ray
                  Well. With the release of Uhura we'll have a quality female body available.This also finishes the original crew, so the question is will there be more after this. If the assortment plan stays the same, one officer to one alien, we will obviously need to see some newly created figures. I would think Sulu and Chekov would be the most logical first choices. I would think the two aliens paired with these two would be Cheron and Gorn, one because they are more common than the Talosian and Neptunian and the desire for Sulu and Chekov would more than support the sales nationwide, and the Talosian will require a complete body cast due to the smaller body size. The Neptunian will need gloves and boots to be molded where the Cheron and Gorn items already exist. Assuming it plays out this way, all the regular characters will be covered, so who gets paired with the Neptunian and the Talosian?? Not who you want to see but who do you think would be most logical to be newly represented in plastic and paired with the final aliens remaining to complete the original trek reproductions??
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by megocrazy
                    Assuming it plays out this way, all the regular characters will be covered, so who gets paired with the Neptunian and the Talosian?? Not who you want to see but who do you think would be most logical to be newly represented in plastic and paired with the final aliens remaining to complete the original trek reproductions??
                    After Sulu and Chekov I'd say Rand, Chapel and Lt. Leslie are most likely to be next
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• fumetti
                      • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                      There's good news and bad news. First the bad:

* McCoy's stripes, like Spock's, are silver.
                      * The holster for the phaser is still too big, so it won't hold the phaser.
                      This is a case where the EMCE figures are "show-accurate." I put in some season three episodes to watch and noticed that Spock and McCoy's looked silver as best I could tell. As did their chest emblem. (They're all gold on Kirk and Scott, again best I could tell.) So I won't be sending mine in to DrMego for a replacement.

(And boy did I enjoy reading DrMego suggest future releases! Right now, I'm only getting one each. But I'd love a later shot to get duplicates.

But it's definitely a (minor) issue about the holster. Once you take off the clear rubber band, that phaser's so loose it falls out. (So I keep mine in the figure's hands--where they belong!)

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

Amazingly, I received my shipment of Romulans and McCoys today!

Joe- I have emailed ya bud... still waiting

Comment

• JDeRouen
                          Author of Small Things
                          • Jun 14, 2001

Chad, yours (and everyone who ordered from me) has gone out. Some took longer because of when they ordered (first come, first server) and others because I needed to add extra stuff to the orders. (Your cards) But they should all be there soon, and most have probably already arrived.

Wheee!!
                          --
                          Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• txteach
                            Banned
                            • Jun 17, 2005

Joe, my case of figures arrived Tuesday. Thanks buddy. See ya at megomeet.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

Yay! I got my Romulan today! The helmet was REALLY tight, and I didn't wanna crack it trying to take it off, so I'm leaving it on. However, when I raised it up a bit, I didn't see any identations from the nose piece, so that's good. He's standing on the bridge of my Enterprise w/ the crew and other aliens. Thanks Joe!
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• noelani72
                                27inaleon
                                • Jun 25, 2002

Chad, yours (and everyone who ordered from me) has gone out. Some took longer because of when they ordered (first come, first server) and others because I needed to add extra stuff to the orders. (Your cards) But they should all be there soon, and most have probably already arrived.

Wheee!!
                                Awesome!
                                maaaaaybe fortune will smile today.
                                I will be stalking my neighborhood for the mailman.....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎