X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

So what is the last DC retro Figure?

Are the green lanturns the last thing we will see from DC retro action then? I don't know if this has been answered before or not, since the thread about the end is gone.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Prseumably the Matty Collector exclusive Kyle Rayner is the last of the Retro-Action heroes....
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

That could prove to be an interesting question. Technically there was one more wave for 2011 and Mattel did state the scheduled releases for 2011 would finish out the line. I think Paul and Joe were caught off guard by Mattel's release of this news, so they may not know if these last prototypes were going to be produced or not. They could be in the process of finding that out. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Maybe those will still get made. If not, I hope the heads from those figures can be cast and sold on Doc's website.

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
        House of a thousand Megos
        • Aug 10, 2009

So we have Batman without Robin???? Come On Man!!!!
        Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

There is at least a possibility of another wave, at least how I understand things.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

No they can't

The heads, outfits, and accessories from Mattel Retro Action will not
            ever be sold on drmego.com - that was work paid for by Mattel and,
            as such, is their property.

Originally posted by MIB41
            If not, I hope the heads from those figures can be cast and sold on Doc's website.
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• cricketts99
              Museum Patron
              • Jun 20, 2007

Well Doc thanks for what we got! Please extend that thanks to your connections at Mattel too.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by drmego
                The heads, outfits, and accessories from Mattel Retro Action will not
                ever be sold on drmego.com - that was work paid for by Mattel and,
                as such, is their property.
                Thanks Paul. Can you clarify whether we still get that last wave based on the prototypes you mentioned, or is Kyle Rayner in fact the last offering? Thank you again for all the hard work. It was greatly appreciated.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 14, 2010

Oh please at least let us get Hawkman to finish the major players in the JLA and Robin to go with Batman and Joker simply because he is the #1 foe in DC history. I mean can't we just get one more wave with these 3 and maybe Supergirl?

I have to add I think the character picks for early waves is what helped to kill this line. Less foes and more heroes would have been better. You can't pack too many less known characters into one wave and expect it to do well. Wave 4 was the make it-break it wave IMO and only the big gun was Shazam. This was doom. Robin and Joker in wave 4 would have saved the line. I strongly believe that. I'm hoping we can save this line still. Hope is all we got now.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Robin and Joker are must haves. Hawkman would be nice.

I can't believe the line is ending. It was just getting REALLY good.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 23, 2011

Hawkman imo is definately out. They're not going to spend big bucks on those wing molds on a dead line. Can only hope for simple figures I would think.

Comment

• rodkeith
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 16, 2008

As I mentioned on the first thread (which was deleted), I can't understand how a retreat to the major undone SuperBat characters wouldn't sell, even if they were only offered on Mattycollector.com.

Any combination of Robin, Joker, Batgirl, Catwoman, Scarecrow, Supergirl, Bizarro, Brainiac, Riddler, and even variant Batman (for example, black features instead of blue, no yellow oval, non-removable cowl, etc.) would surely sell no matter where they were marketed.

Comment

• drmego
                          EMCE Toys
                          • Jun 15, 2001

I honestly don't know what the last figure in this line will be.

I have completed and delivered 6 unreleased characters and I find
                          it odd that Mattel would pay for their development and not produce
                          at least a small run.

In my opinion, it's human nature to make guesses about why something
                          happened. I have my own theories based on my experience working in
                          large corporations, but I will not say anything until I verify some suspicions.
                          www.drmego.com
                          www.megoman.com
                          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• vc9k
                            • Feb 5, 2010

With the new direction at DC Comics it could come down to something as simple as one of the new guys upstairs not liking these. Despite the fact that WB/DC is worth billions of dollars it's basically run based on the personal preferences of whoever is in charge that day.

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Given the Matty Collector releases of canceled JLU figures, perhaps we can still hold out hope that there might have been at least one wave far enough along in the pipeline to warrant a release!

Matty did say that fan response to the JLU figures really did help keep the line alive well past it's expiry date when the original JLU show ended. We really don't have those kind of numbers on our side though.

Still crossing my fingers that a few more will squeak in under the wire.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎