X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Astronut
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by Azrak
    Both - and considering we have them in Columbus, I'd think you'd have a good shot up your way.
    Thanks, man

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

We don't have TJ Maxx in Canada but we do have Winners, which I understand is in that family of stores. Winners is the place where I always find the latest waves of DCU at discount prices, I'll never understand how that works. They always seem ahead of TRU and WalMart here. They also get Target SW exclusive stuff.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
        We don't have TJ Maxx in Canada but we do have Winners, which I understand is in that family of stores. Winners is the place where I always find the latest waves of DCU at discount prices, I'll never understand how that works. They always seem ahead of TRU and WalMart here. They also get Target SW exclusive stuff.
        Ever since I saw this thread I've been hanging out at the local Winners a lot...They probably think I'm casing the joint!!! BUT, if these do show up in the same vein as the TJ Maxx (anybody else think this store name sounds like some crappy eighties action figure line?)stuff, I'm sure it will be here!!! We have Giant Tiger out West here too, but they dont seem to get much in the way of toys...not cool stuff anyways.

I think (?) Winners buys up overstocks from US retailers, explaining the Target exclusives (not just Star Wars, but the JLU stuff too!). Not sure though.
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• shazam7208
          Career Member
          • Oct 28, 2008

I hit several more TJ MAXX's today and found some at everyone of them. I've been finding out my way (West Atlanta and up to Chattanooga) Batman, Aquaman, 2 face and Superman. No Manta's or any other wave 1 figures.

My brother in TX went to NRH tonight and they had Aquaman, 2 face and Manta.

I haven't seen any at Marshalls or Ross...so I stopped looking there.

Comment

• LOU
            Museum FIN-atic
            • Nov 20, 2003

I found Black Manta at A.J. Wright today! Headed to another tomorrow to search out the other three. There's a Marshall's down the road from AJW too. Also, the AJW plaza I'm going to tomorrow is in the same plaza as a Toys R' Us as well so I'll pop in there and scope it out! More to follow folks!

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 18, 2007

I went to two TJM's today in Denver, but came up empty. My sister went to a TJM up in Colorado Springs and found 3 Batmen....she grabbed one for me.

My comic book store I usually hit hasn't had any of the Retro Figures from the begining, but today it had several Bats, two faces, and Mantas at 22.00 each.......it just so happens it is next door to the empty TJ Max......hmmmmmmm.

Comment

• Ovalprocess
                • Jun 7, 2010

Has anybody found these in Southern California?

I've looked in about five TJ Maxx stores in Orange County and haven't any.

I did see two in Northern California.

Comment

• GoldBlade6
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Dec 30, 2007

At TJ Maxx in Peabody, MA I found all of Wave 2 plus Wave 1 Superman. Has anyone seen Lex, Sinestro or GL for $9.99 at any of these discount stores or is it really just Wave 2? How did I find only Superman and no other figures from that wave?

Comment

• megowgsh
                    Customego HoF Curator
                    • Nov 19, 2003

^^^because Mattel included Supes in Wave 2 case assortments.
                    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Astronut
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 21, 2010

Is anyone from Mattel reading these boards? Might want to take note: these things sell a lot better at this price point. I'm not being snarky, I'm being serious.

Comment

• GoldBlade6
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by megowgsh
                        ^^^because Mattel included Supes in Wave 2 case assortments.
                        NoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo!!!

That's a bummer. So I have to pay $60 for the last three figures in Wave 1 instead of $30? That's asking a lot of a person...

Comment

• MegoSteve
                          Superman's Pal
                          • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by Astronut
                          Is anyone from Mattel reading these boards? Might want to take note: these things sell a lot better at this price point. I'm not being snarky, I'm being serious.
                          "How can we sell these below our cost to make them? VOLUME!"

Comment

• jacoblb
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2009

We have two TJ Maxx locations in my neck of the woods. We even have Marshalls and a Ross next door to TRU. I intend to drive up to the closer one tomorrow, but I called the farther store last night and was told they didn't have any toys like that. Of course, it's entirely possible the person on the phone blew me off and didn't look or had no idea what my request was about. I doubt the kid on the phone was going to know what Mego was so I avoided that term and just inquired if he had these type of superhero characters like Superman and Batman in real cloth clothes that are shorter than a Barbie but taller than say a Star Wars figure...Sinestro and other figures could have been on the shelf and he'd be none the wiser.
                            I think it's one of those times I didn't express myself well, but if you want something done right...you do it yourself as they say.

Comment

• Astronut
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                              I SERIOUSLY doubt it costs $10 in CHINA to make one of these. More likely pennies on the dollar.

$10 is a fair price for them and I picked up three. I would have bought more but that's all they had.

Rich
                              And there ya go.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

I checked Marshall and TJ Maxx in Louisville. No Retros here.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎