Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LOU
    Museum FIN-atic
    • Nov 20, 2003

Yeah Scott, they may have been in MA and CT only, I'm not sure. I remember the ads for the place on T.V. too with some lady named "Mrs. B." LOL! Are these expected to be restocked before the Holiday or were they a one-shot/shipment deal for TJM stores?

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Stopped by TJ Maxx today after work. I searched the place and found nothing... searched again, nothing... then I finally saw one sad looking Black Manta half-hidden behind some GI Joe figures. I would say that is all they have... but honestly, I'm still not 100% sure. That place is a mess.

Comment

• Astronut
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 21, 2010

So far I've been to 3 different TJ Maxx stores and 1 Marshalls. Nothing. Maybe a fellow Northeast Ohio Megohead beat me to it.

Comment

• beartex2000
          For display only!!
          • Jun 2, 2007

I found 1 Aquaman mixed in a box with baby books!

Comment

• jimsmegos
            Mego Dork
            • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by LOU
            Today I hit 2 Marshalls' and 3 A.J. Wrights and one T.J. Maxx and found only an Aquaman and a Manta. Cards aren't perfect but I can't complain as I got them both for 25% off!! $7.49 each! WOW! Still hunting Batman and Two Face here in MA. I am officially IN LOVE with this line!!! Absolutely nutso over them! Finding them at retail, on the very ground where I bought Megos as a kid, is an awesome fanboy experience too!
            That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about LOU. It is so really, really cool to see them on the shelf, pick 'em up, look at 'em, take 'em t the check out and then take 'em home!

Comment

• supes
              For the love of Mego's!
              • Jan 19, 2004

Originally posted by LOU
              Yeah Scott, they may have been in MA and CT only, I'm not sure. I remember the ads for the place on T.V. too with some lady named "Mrs. B." LOL! Are these expected to be restocked before the Holiday or were they a one-shot/shipment deal for TJM stores?
              We had Bradlees in Jersey. The one I used to shop at took over the old Two Guys building when they went out.
              I loved Bradlees! Always good deals!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2007

One of the Floor people at The TJ Max I stopped at said they were getting new tucks everyday...so...if first you don't succeed........

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

Where are my manners? I guess in all the excitement of finding out that these were appearing at a discount store and actually obtaining one I forgot to say THANK YOU to the member who shared the information with us.

Good to know more superheroes might be on the way at any day and time. On Friday my sister is going to check out a TJM location far away from where I live and I hope she can find the rest of wave 2 for me.

Comment

• z3zep
                    The Girl Next Door
                    • Sep 30, 2006

Nothing at TJ Maxx in Paramus, NJ

Comment

• johnmiic
                      Adrift
                      • Sep 6, 2002

I was going to stay in after the snow hit NY last night but all we got was a light dusting. I think I'll get over to TJM and check again.

Comment

• LOU
                        Museum FIN-atic
                        • Nov 20, 2003

Originally posted by jimsmegos
                        That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about LOU. It is so really, really cool to see them on the shelf, pick 'em up, look at 'em, take 'em t the check out and then take 'em home!
                        Yeah Jim, that's exactly correct! It's AWESOME! Read below about my luck this morning!!!!!!

Originally posted by supes
                        We had Bradlees in Jersey. The one I used to shop at took over the old Two Guys building when they went out.
                        I loved Bradlees! Always good deals!
                        TWO GUYS!! That's where I finally found Supergirl as a kid! Carded too!!! Bradlees and Two Guys coexisted for quite awhile too. Both had great Mego selections!

UPDATE!!
                        I just got back from T.J. Maxx and wandered around the toy department for the 5th time this week and saw nothing. As I said previously, having bought Aquaman and Black Manta yesterday for $7.49 at two separate A.J. Wright stores, the search was on today for Batman and Two-Face. I was just about to leave T.J. Maxx about a half hour ago when I saw a girl with a a bunch of boxes in the toy department putting out stock. I showed her a pic of Retro Batman on my phone and asked if she's seen them come in yet. Then she said it... "YEAH! They're right here!" There they were! All 8 of them still sitting in their case! She pulled them all out and I immediately grabbed the best Batman (there were 3 and two of them had badly cracked emblems) and the only Two-Face that was in the box (explains why he was one of the ones I couldn't find.) What a THRILL!!! There I was, right there, all alone with a freshly opened case of Wave 2 Retros! So needless to say I picked up my Batman and Two-Face for $20! I wanted to take the Mattel box they were shipped in but then I figured there was no point since I'd never use it anyway. So all 4 Wave 2 Retros cost me a total of $35!!! I must admit, after buying the Aquaman and Black Manta with less than perfect cards (minor bent corners, creasing, etc) yesterday; I was tempted to buy brand new ones for $9.99 while they were sitting there in front of me. Then I figured hell, I got the other two at 25% anyway so a little minor card damage is worth the savings. So I only grabbed Batman and Two-Face!

Now for those interested, here is what the case pack looked like:

3 Batman
                        1 Superman
                        1 Black Manta
                        1 Two-Face
                        2 Aquaman

So I would say Two-Face and Black Manta are the ones to grab if you find them, unless of course you can get them all.

So a GREAT Retro day today and I am now caught up! I was finally at the right place at the right time!
                        Last edited by LOU; Dec 14, '10, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Astronut
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by LOU
                          Yeah Jim, that's exactly correct! It's AWESOME! Read below about my luck this morning!!!!!!

TWO GUYS!! That's where I finally found Supergirl as a kid! Carded too!!! Bradlees and Two Guys coexisted for quite awhile too. Both had great Mego selections!

UPDATE!!
                          I just got back from T.J. Maxx and wandered around the toy department for the 5th time this week and saw nothing. As I said previously, having bought Aquaman and Black Manta yesterday for $7.49 at two separate A.J. Wright stores, the search was on today for Batman and Two-Face. I was just about to leave T.J. Maxx about a half hour ago when I saw a girl with a a bunch of boxes in the toy department putting out stock. I showed her a pic of Retro Batman on my phone and asked if she's seen them come in yet. Then she said it... "YEAH! They're right here!" There they were! All 8 of them still sitting in their case! She pulled them all out and I immediately grabbed the best Batman (there were 3 and two of them had badly cracked emblems) and the only Two-Face that was in the box (explains why he was one of the ones I couldn't find.) What a THRILL!!! There I was, right there, all alone with a freshly opened case of Wave 2 Retros! So needless to say I picked up my Batman and Two-Face for $20! I wanted to take the Mattel box they were shipped in but then I figured there was no point since I'd never use it anyway. So all 4 Wave 2 Retros cost me a total of $35!!! I must admit, after buying the Aquaman and Black Manta with less than perfect cards (minor bent corners, creasing, etc) yesterday; I was tempted to buy brand new ones for $9.99 while they were sitting there in front of me. Then I figured hell, I got the other two at 25% anyway so a little minor card damage is worth the savings. So I only grabbed Batman and Two-Face!

Now for those interested, here is what the case pack looked like:

3 Batman
                          1 Superman
                          1 Black Manta
                          1 Two-Face
                          2 Aquaman

So I would say Two-Face and Black Manta are the ones to grab if you find them, unless of course you can get them all.

So a GREAT Retro day today and I am now caught up! I was finally at the right place at the right time!
                          That was easily one of the greatest stories I have ever read on these boards! I felt as if I were there in the store with you! Wow, at $9.99 a pop I would have bought the whole case if it were me. I can only HOPE I see a case of them like you did. You just re-energized my efforts to get these at discount, so thank you. I will try to hit up another TJ Maxx soon.

oh and say hello to Chief Brody for me, would you?
                          Last edited by Astronut; Dec 14, '10, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• LOU
                            Museum FIN-atic
                            • Nov 20, 2003

Hey Astronut! Glad you enjoyed my tale!
                            Yeah, I would recommend that everyone who needs these diligently looks this week. Our TJM can't be the only one putting out a new case of them. I didn't want to buy them all because I'm sure there's some other Mego heads here in our area doing the same thing as me so I figured I'd leave them some Retro treasures behind to find for themselves. I usually miss the boat with deals like this at retail but not this time! I've been overdue for some retail success and it paid off in spades today!
                            Oh and ol' Chiefy sends his best to you too! LOLOL!

Comment

• GoldBlade6
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Dec 30, 2007

If anyone wants to trade Ghostbusters Peter (or variant), Wave 1 Green Arrow, GL, Lex or Sinetro, MIMB with good paint apps. for Superman or any other Wave 2 figures, PM me, and I'll see what I can do about acquiring some.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                                Wake Up Heavy
                                • Jan 31, 2010

I went back today, and they had three figs on PEGS! I nearly crapped my pants when I turned and saw them. Superman was in front, but I could see two pink cards behind him. I was hoping for a Bats, but no luck. Just another Aquaman and Black Manta. I have no history with Manta, or I would have snagged him, he looks really cool. But I did get Supes, which I never had in Mego form as a kid. Anyone know when they restock? I know that they announce on the loudspeaker that they get new stuff almost every day. looks like between Saturday night and this afternoon I missed the restock, and other people got the three Bats that would come in a box.
                                I'm starting to think they may put Bats out in a more visible spot, I probably should have looked harder. Will return in a couple days, as I'm determined to find a Bats.
                                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎