Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

I appreciate all the info Paul. I'm going to buy a case of klingons/bones from you. I'm going to recreate the Romulan bridge from "balance of terror" with as many rommies as I can afford.

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

I don't know all the details, but I don't think it's fair to blame EMCE or Diamond for the delay. If China hadn't messed up a couple of months ago with all those other toys we all would've had an Andorian by now
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• txteach
        Banned
        • Jun 17, 2005

True that Thomas, I'm just anxious and a bit frustrated.

Comment

• JDeRouen
          Author of Small Things
          • Jun 14, 2001

I know the feeling. We're expected to places orders for Scotty/Keeper without having received Spock/Andorian or McCoy/Romulan, and it's frustrating. I've sold a bunch of Spock/Andorian but hardly any McCoy/Romulan because naturally people are waiting for the former before placing orders for the latter, and thus it's really hard to gauge interest in Scotty/Keeper.
          --
          Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• mars396
            Museum Super Collector
            • Sep 14, 2007

Scottie (sic) will sell. Not only a main character, but the most wanted shirt colour for extra crewmen, so I plan to buy as many Scotties as I can find. He should prove to be the best seller of all the EMCE Star Trek figures. The Keeper, on the other hand just won’t sell. There will be a few of us 40-somethings that buy one for nostalgic purposes, but I don’t forsee any of us buying multiples, and the average Star Trek fan will pass. I hope Keeper is packed less per case than Scottie for that reason. Ditto for the Cheron.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

My Friend Chris just got His Invoive from Diamond....Andorian & Spock are shipping TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• garagesale
                Dept. of Mego Studies
                • Aug 8, 2006

Looks like someon'es got 'em

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Just got an email from my Comic Guy and he told me that the figures are due to be in his store December 28th. If I have them in hand next Friday, you guys will be the first to know. I ordered 2 cases.

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by garagesale
                    That auction says in stock 12/26. So much for anyone getting them under the tree, but looks like 2007 is a possibility, with delivery on my orders the first week of January. I'll believe it when I see a shipping confirmation though.

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by garagesale
                      This guy probably doesn't have them "in hand" yet but with the right timing he is way ahead of the rush. He could sell a bunch if they're delivered to him right when the auctions end. Sometimes it's a chance but if he hits it he'll sell out quick with no competition on ebay.
                      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• supes
                        For the love of Mego's!
                        • Jan 19, 2004

I saw this on action figure news site

According to EMCE toys the reason behind the delay is due to extra safety checks now in place for toxicity following 'Mattel-gate' as well as labor shortages at the Chinese factories.

Whilst the extra safety is sure to be welcomed by all EMCE recognise that some people will be upset about not getting their Spock figure until after xmas (currently estimated to be 8th January). Therefore anyone who ordered the figures through EMCE's online store at Starlog.com is getting a little card, in the spirit of the Star Wars IOU from 1977.

The card features a humorus picture and states: "Someone very special has ordered you our official MEGO Star Trek reproduction toys for the holidays. (However, a temporal rift in the space-time continuum has them locked in an alternate universe until after the New Year.)"

I can't afford them til the new year anyway:(

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

*Correction*! Just talked to My Friend Chris...and I miss understood...His Invoice came out last Friday...for the following Week, and the Figures will be a day late because of the Holiday. So...I will be able to pick Them up this coming Friday.

Well...at least the wait is almost over!
                          sigpic

Comment

• rikitikitavi
                            Museum Mongoose
                            • Aug 15, 2003

I got the card today. It shows Spock and Andorian with Santa hats. I can't say it's in the vein of the 1977 Early Bird, as the card is not redemable for some figure. But it was a nice thought.

Comment

• zeedox
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 10, 2007

Got my Spock and Andorian today!

Bought em at St. Marks comics in New York City today.
                              Excellent.

They also have them here:

Amoktime.com, New York's Biggest and Best Action Figure Super Store

I ordered a second set before I saw them at St. Marks so I am going to pick that set up after church tomorrow...

Comment

• txteach
                                Banned
                                • Jun 17, 2005

what the heck? Why do they get them before everyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎