X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

Originally posted by mars396
    Did my usual Wednesday night stop at the Comic Shop on my way home from work tonight. I was assured that the Andorian-Spock cases wil be in the store next week.
    But weren't you first assured that they'd be in today?
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• mars396
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 14, 2007

it's been 32 years; I'll have to wait another week or two or three.

It's going to be OK

Comment

• drmego
        EMCE Toys
        • Jun 15, 2001

The reason for the delay in shipping has to do with the "Mattel Crisis" in China.
        The lead paint fiasco has made the Chinese government very very cautious
        about any toys shipping out.

Spock and the Andorian were ready to ship out at the end of October, but they
        were not put on the ship until mid-November. I know that the ship should have
        arrived by now in the U.S. but I don't have any information about the status
        of them now.

I will know when my Diamond rep tells me that the figures are coming to my door.

I'm still hoping that they arrive by next weekend, but that may be just wishful
        thinking.
        www.drmego.com
        www.megoman.com
        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Thanks for the update Paul! Greatly appreciated!
          sigpic

Comment

• CoolLou
            Museum Patron
            • Nov 23, 2007

OK, so I am VERY late on this. What are the series? I only saw Kirk and Klingon so far on Ebay.
            Lou Melograna
            aka The Knockoff King
            M E G O L I K E . c o m ::: enter

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by CoolLou
              OK, so I am VERY late on this. What are the series? I only saw Kirk and Klingon so far on Ebay.
              Kirk and Klingon (they're in)
              Spock and Andorian (waiting to be shipped)
              McCoy and Romulan (pre-orders only)
              Scotty and Keeper (scheduled for April 2008)

See pics here: Diamond Select Toys & Collectibles
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• critter2
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 2, 2005

Makes it kinda hard to pre order the next set when they keep pushing this set out. But I will, I gotta help keep them produceing figures so they'll make the POTAs.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                  Author of Small Things
                  • Jun 14, 2001

According to my rep, Spock/Andorian will now ship the week of 01/09/08.

Blah.
                  --
                  Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• txteach
                    Banned
                    • Jun 17, 2005

This is just nuts. When will we see the romulan, July? Thanks for the info though Joe. no offense to you or Paul but it's frustrating when it keeps getting bumped.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. -Spock

Comment

• Hulk
                        Mayor of Megoville
                        • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by txteach
                        This is just nuts. When will we see the romulan, July? Thanks for the info though Joe. no offense to you or Paul but it's frustrating when it keeps getting bumped.
                        No offense taken, and speaking for myself, it is probably even more frustrating for Joe and me, since we are hesitant to start taking orders too far ahead for future waves. I am going to have to guess how many 4th wave figures (Scotty and Keepers) I will sell before the end of the December, before I've even delivered the second wave figures. I did the same thing for Bones and Romulan, ordering over 20 cases without a single order to speak of.

Between EMCE being a new company, and selling toys from China with all the recent recalls, and the holiday season (which always adds time to international deliveries), we've hit upon the perfect storm.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                          Author of Small Things
                          • Jun 14, 2001

Trust me, John, I'm just as frustrated as you are. I just had a guy call me steaming mad that his case of Spocks/Andorians wasn't delivered yet. I've explained to him about a thousand times that it's beyond my control, and that NO ONE has them yet, not just me, but he doesn't seem to get it.
                          --

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                            Trust me, John, I'm just as frustrated as you are. I just had a guy call me steaming mad that his case of Spocks/Andorians wasn't delivered yet. I've explained to him about a thousand times that it's beyond my control, and that NO ONE has them yet, not just me, but he doesn't seem to get it.

See, this is why I didn't pre-order this time.
                            I'm one of those personalities that can't cope with mail order anticipation.
                            The Kirk/Klingon delay was enough for me.
                            Soon as they start showin up....that $$ will be gettin spent

Comment

• txteach
                              Banned
                              • Jun 17, 2005

I must say I'm pretty disappointed with EMCE and diamond for such a long delay. If this keeps up Apes will be coming in about 2 years and I'm not exaggerating. BTW, are they still making Klingon /kirk or was it a one run thing?

Comment

• Hulk
                                Mayor of Megoville
                                • May 10, 2003

Kirk and Klingon are sold out at Diamond (and have been for a while). Unless they do limited run variant editions, I highly doubt we'll see them again unless the entire line does gangbusters.

Hopefully the Bones / Romulan won't be too far behind. Although the delays with China toys due to recall concern will likely still be a factor, the post holiday lull should help mitigate the delays.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎