• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Aquaman, Batman, Manta, Two Face: Retro Superheroes Pix

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Lynn TXP 0369
    Career Member
    • Jun 10, 2007

These pics make them look much better!!
    Batman looks much better in these pics. The real production one look better then these hand made versions.
    Now I'm really looking forward to these!

Lynn
    Last edited by Lynn TXP 0369; Feb 16, '10, 9:04 AM.

Comment

• trekman101
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2009

They will all turn out well in the end....Batman and Aquaman just need a little refining...the Batman cowl sculpt..just ignore it..it's just a crude representation of the end product....on the removable cowl issue..I think Bruce Wayne in the bat suit with cowl off is cool...it just appeals to me so much
      "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

I like Manta even better, Two-Face a little less now that I see his blazer is so bulky. Aquaman comes off better; still hope the Jay Leno and the scales gets toned down a little.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Just incredible!!!!
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

These are purdy...me want.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
              WANTED for card bending
              • Apr 26, 2008

Yes they are all awesome!

Comment

• Caelonfox
                • Aug 7, 2008

These images are much better.
                I would still like to see Batmans' nose have the black line down it and Bruce needs his hair parted on the side.

I actually really like the Aquaman head sculpt now. Still not sure about the scales. I think they are too bold; to big or something.

Two Face needs more of a stark difference in suit patterns.

Black Manta is brilliant!
                Firefighter/Mego Collector

Comment

• SoulSinger
                  Singer Of Mego Love
                  • Oct 22, 2007

My kids just saw these and want them NOW! I explained I have waited since 1982 for new superheroes and they can wait until the summer. Repros for now! LOL

Comment

• puckace
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 5, 2009

These pictures definitely make me more excited for this line. I for one am pleased with the character selection. Although I must confess that I was disappointed at first when there was no Flash. I've been waiting for him since I was a child in the 70's. Very happy to see Mattel continue the 2 heroes 2 villain format.

Well done Paul, Mattel and everyone else involved.

puckace

Comment

• exoduschj
                      9th Degree Mego Cultist
                      • Apr 22, 2009

Its going to be really interesting to see how the final products turn out for this wave compared to these proto-types.

Batman - I was especially excited to see Batman would be in this wave considering he was always my favorite Mego. I think its going to be great to have another "removeable cowl" Batman. I was disappointed in the presentation of the proto-type for this wave, though. The cowl looks more like a helmet. I wonder if anyone has considered a cloth/leather style mask that slides over the face, is very snug/tight fitting, and perhaps snaps under the chin or is connected to the cape as one peice? The uniform on the proto-type seems too big for the body, very loose fitting and kind of baggy. Having a tight fitting uniform would have went a long way in the presentation of this figure. I like that the cape seems like its going to be longer for Batman, but the one he has on in this pic looks like its been cut out with a pair of scissors in a few mins and quickly sewn together at the last minute. Have the belt straight would have helped alot too! Again, I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Aquaman - Looks great! The head sculpt makes him look very young and kid-friendly, which I don't think is a bad thing. Maybe later on we can see the variation with beard and long hair. The color of the gloves doesn't see to match the color of his legs as well as it could have, but that's a minor complaint. As somone else has said in all these threads, a detachable belt for his would be great.

Manta - This is the best looking character of the wave, IMO. Very nice presentation.

Two-Face - While I was hoping for the Joker, Two-Face was next on my list. His clothes does seem a bit bulky, but so did the Alter-Ego Megos (especially Clark Kent) so that doesn't really bother me. I love the head/face sculpt. Dead on IMO.

Overall very exciting! I was especially happy with Green Arrow, and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Wave 1 figures. These will make fantastic additions to the line.

Great work Paul! I really appreciate all the hard work from those involved to bring back the 8" action figure!

Comment

• Megosaurus
                        Banned
                        • Aug 6, 2007

Be happy....maybe by the time they make Flash all of the design flaws will be worked out of the new figures! I'm not so sure about Wave 2 yet which is a Bat Bummer.

Comment

• The Kryptonite Kid
                          Museum Gunslinger
                          • Oct 15, 2007

Yep, now them is some pics! I would prefer a Challenge Of The Superfriends Brainiac over Two-Face, and a Black Vulcan over Aquaman though...Other than that, spot on Guys!
                          NO SIR, I DIDN'T SEE YOU PLAYING WITH YOUR DOLLS AGAIN.

My Blog MCKENZIE MCKUSTOMS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckustoms/

Flickr: CUSTOM MEGO SHOWCASE

MY GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Spyweb007
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 18, 2006

I'm looking forward to seeing the final production versions of this wave also. I think the wave 1 figures looked much better than the prototype pictures, and I'm sure the same thing will happen with wave 2. Most of these figures have been put together by hand, and you can see they are using repro boots, not rubber Mattel ones. Still a ways to go before we really see what they'll look like, but so far I like these figures and can't wait to get them.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                              WANTED for card bending
                              • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by Caelonfox
                              These images are much better.
                              I would still like to see Batmans' nose have the black line down it and Bruce needs his hair parted on the side.

I actually really like the Aquaman head sculpt now. Still not sure about the scales. I think they are too bold; to big or something.

Two Face needs more of a stark difference in suit patterns.

Black Manta is brilliant!

I agree with you on aquaman, If they just changed the color to a few shades darker than the outfit, they would be pronounced, without being overbearing. It distracts you from that awesome head sculpt. LOVE The scales but a different color please!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎