Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in a repro Aquaman vs The Great White Shark set?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoffdude
    Banned
    • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by toys2cool
    dude are you seriously talking about trolling? come on man, I'll let this go as well....like I said before, it's his piece and he can list it at w/e price he wants...just don't ask people to discuss a price and then get mad when they ask questions...and I'm pretty sure he doesn't need a forum bodyguard, just let it be man

Works both ways, and yes I think he does. We know you no longer have interest in the set, so now go elsewhere please. I have interest in seeing the project finished, I'm not trolling here.

Regards,

Geoff
    Last edited by geoffdude; May 22, '11, 2:14 PM.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by geoffdude
      Works both ways, and yes I think he does. We know you no longer have interest in the set, so now go elsewhere please. I have interest in seeing the project finished, I'm not trolling here.

Regards,

Geoff
      sorry I didn't know you had the authority of telling folks what thread they could see and what they can't? I wanna see the finished product as well, doesn't mean I have to buy it....so I'm guessing you'll be the first buying it at what ever price he sets right?
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• geoffdude
        Banned
        • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by toys2cool
        sorry I didn't know you had the authority of telling folks what thread they could see and what they can't? I wanna see the finished product as well, doesn't mean I have to buy it....so I'm guessing you'll be the first buying it at what ever price he sets right?
        You would be guessing wrong. I already have a real set.

I didn't "tell" you to leave, just asked you to with a "please", so your negative commentary would go as well.

Regards,

Geoff

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
          Formerly known as Del
          • Dec 12, 2004

I will continue following this thread in hopes of more pictures. Kris, your prototype looks amazing. You and your crew have obviously put a lot of work into it. I know you still want to do the high-end, near-exact replica, but at one point you had also mentioned several different options. Any chance you'll use the prototype to make any of those? It would seem that once you have that, it wouldn't be too much additional work to offer simple resin casts or vac-formed pieces.
          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Regards,

Geoff
            If you're serious about wanting to see this project reach an end I suggest you stop posting in this thread cause right now - the way it looks to an outsider - you're making matters worse. You're definitely NOT helping the cause
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Has this officially happened to this thread yet?
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MegoSteve
                Superman's Pal
                • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by noelani72
                The shark is dead.
                That's definitely mean-spirited, whether you agree with the characterization or not. Just because a few regular posters here aren't happy with the possible price doesn't mean you all have the power to kill his project, nor do you have the power to dictate how he's going to sell it, whether it be in tiers or not.

You guys need to step back and calm down, because this is just making you look like petty cheapskates. It's great you got emotionally invested in the progress of the project, but if you can't afford it and now are all upset, you need to grow up a little and realize that you don't always get to have all the toys you want.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Am I missing something here? Because I haven't really seen anybody getting upset...just people asking about the price and getting called names for it like "petty cheapskates" and "Bean counters".
                  sigpic

Comment

• geoffdude
                    Banned
                    • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by Meule
                    If you're serious about wanting to see this project reach an end I suggest you stop posting in this thread cause right now - the way it looks to an outsider - you're making matters worse. You're definitely NOT helping the cause
                    The "project" will reach it's end, I have no doubt, with or without me posting here (don't see how that would affect it one way or the other). My guesstimated count of postings in this thread is much lower than most... but rising.

BTW - what is the "cause" in your opinion?

Regards,

Geoff
                    Last edited by geoffdude; May 22, '11, 4:29 PM.

Comment

• geoffdude
                      Banned
                      • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by The Bat
                      Am I missing something here? Because I haven't really seen anybody getting upset...just people asking about the price and getting called names for it like "petty cheapskates" and "Bean counters".

Again... so why continue to post in this thread?

We get it, you're unhappy with the price and his initial replies towards that issue. Why go on, and on and on?

Regards.

Geoff

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

The "project" will reach it's end, I have no doubt, with or without me posting here (don't see how that would affect it one way or the other). My guesstimated count of postings in this thread is much lower than most.

BTW - what is the "cause" in your opinion?

Regards,

Geoff
                        The cause is trying to sell as many repro sharks as possible. People are a little upset right now and you seem to be oiling the fire, wether you want to accept or not.
                        And since you're not even involved in this project, why do you keep posting? The last couple of pages in this thread are you and a couple of others going at it against each other.
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Why go on, and on and on?

Regards.

Geoff
                          Pot...kettle... ring a bell?

Comment

• MegoSteve
                            Superman's Pal
                            • Jun 17, 2005

To be honest, geoff, you aren't doing your friend any favors by posting here so much. You don't have to respond to every single post in the thread. Even though you probably haven't posted all that much, your posts make up probably a third to half of the posts on this last page of discussion, and it doesn't help that you have that goofy animated GIF as a signature that effectively doubles the amount of vertical space your posts take up on the page and that I have to look at over and over as I scroll down.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Again... so why continue to post in this thread?

We get it, you're unhappy with the price and his initial replies towards that issue. Why go on, and on and on?

Regards.

Geoff
                              When did I ever say I was unhappy about the price? You guys are WAY over reacting just for people asking about it...or offering an opinion? That shouldn't cause a meltdown...yet it did. Why?
                              sigpic

Comment

• noelani72
                                27inaleon
                                • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by MegoSteve
                                That's definitely mean-spirited, whether you agree with the characterization or not. Just because a few regular posters here aren't happy with the possible price doesn't mean you all have the power to kill his project, nor do you have the power to dictate how he's going to sell it, whether it be in tiers or not.

You guys need to step back and calm down, because this is just making you look like petty cheapskates. It's great you got emotionally invested in the progress of the project, but if you can't afford it and now are all upset, you need to grow up a little and realize that you don't always get to have all the toys you want.
                                It isn't mean spirited.
                                In ALL my years here, I have SEEN mean spirited and pal, I am nowhere close.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎