Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in a repro Aquaman vs The Great White Shark set?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoffdude
    Banned
    • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by Meule
    The cause is trying to sell as many repro sharks as possible. People are a little upset right now and you seem to be oiling the fire, wether you want to accept or not.
    And since you're not even involved in this project, why do you keep posting? The last couple of pages in this thread are you and a couple of others going at it against each other.
    That's true to some extent, but the cause is also the "development" process of these items. I do have a somewhat invested "interest" in seeing the project done, and I've not come here the berate the initial OP or his efforts (like others).

I keep posting because current conditions here warrant it... and concerning those who have been attacking Kris not buying the kit? They were not going to buy the item anyway, so there is no big loss there.

He WILL sell these no problem, they are that good, I have no doubt. A few unhappy people will not affect his ability to do so.

Regards,

Geoff
    Last edited by geoffdude; May 22, '11, 4:53 PM.

Comment

• geoffdude
      Banned
      • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by MegoSteve
      To be honest, geoff, you aren't doing your friend any favors by posting here so much. You don't have to respond to every single post in the thread. Even though you probably haven't posted all that much, your posts make up probably a third to half of the posts on this last page of discussion, and it doesn't help that you have that goofy animated GIF as a signature that effectively doubles the amount of vertical space your posts take up on the page and that I have to look at over and over as I scroll down.
      Those who want the set, or have always wanted the set, WILL more than likely get it when it's offered. Those who don't... never will. I'm not going to change their mind by simply posting in a forum.

Sorry about the GIF... maybe I'll find another one to reduce the height.

Regards,

Geoff
      Last edited by geoffdude; May 22, '11, 4:47 PM.

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by noelani72
        It isn't mean spirited.
        In ALL my years here, I have SEEN mean spirited and pal, I am nowhere close.
        Yeah, telling someone who's spent countless hours and hundreds if not thousands of dollars on an elaborate custom project that their project is dead because you and several vocal posters aren't happy with the price or his response to your concerns about the price isn't mean at all.

I'd rank that "the shark is dead" comment as one of the nastiest things said on the board, whether you meant it in that spirit or not. You have absolutely no right to tell someone their custom project isn't happening no matter what perceived slight you feel he's inflicted on you.

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by MegoSteve
          Yeah, telling someone who's spent countless hours and hundreds if not thousands of dollars on an elaborate custom project that their project is dead because you and several vocal posters aren't happy with the price or his response to your concerns about the price isn't mean at all.

I'd rank that "the shark is dead" comment as one of the nastiest things said on the board, whether you meant it in that spirit or not. You have absolutely no right to tell someone their custom project isn't happening no matter what perceived slight you feel he's inflicted on you.
          It WASN'T ABOUT PRICE WITH ME! It was his attitude about the discussion, his condesending lecture, then his body guard.

You WILL not see me post here again.
          In my years here I have played by the rules, never been more entrenched in an issue such as this- u make me sound like a problem user and I am deeply offended deeply.

Comment

• SPittVol
            Volunteer Collector
            • Feb 23, 2011

It WASN'T ABOUT PRICE WITH ME! It was his attitude about the discussion, his condesending lecture, then his body guard.

In my years here I have played by the rules, never been more entrenched in an issue such as this- u make me sound like a problem user and I am deeply offended deeply.
            I agree it came off as mean spirited. Reevefan78 didn't give the "lecture" until some of the folks on here started harrassing him about the price he quoted. I don't blame him for getting defensive, I would have too given the circumstances.

Comment

• MegoSteve
              Superman's Pal
              • Jun 17, 2005

Frankly, it's pretty much irrelevant why you told him that his project was dead; circumstances don't make your statement "the shark is dead" any less mean-spirited.

If you are all offended that someone points out you are being mean when you threaten a project they've spent a ton of time and money on, then maybe you should have chosen your words more carefully.
              Last edited by MegoSteve; May 22, '11, 5:21 PM.

Comment

• gummi
                Career Member
                • Dec 2, 2009

Wow, what a debacle this has all turned into. I have to admit that I'm really surprised by all the remarks regarding the price. I know that it's a reproduction, but considering what is being reproduced here and the amount of time and effort that has gone into making it, I was not at all surprised with the tentative pricing for the finished set. Kris, I hope that you continue posting update pictures; I'm sure there are a lot of members here like me that don't post as much as some but who are also looking forward to the finished product. Good luck.
                "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• AJ Collector
                  The Biggest Little Man!
                  • Aug 24, 2008

I have lost count of all the wrong turns this thread has taken.......sigh.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Wow...I just seen this Bruce maquette...it's really baddass...

I only posted a couple of things before long ago in this post....and it's kinda sad how this thread went downhill once the concept of pricing came up.

In my own personal take...that's the very first thing that should've been covered and discussed..from the very beginning.

It is an awesome replica...even though I'm not into Aquaman...but I dig sharks in general...they are almost as awesome as killer whales.

Hope it all works out for everybody.
                    sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, what a trainwreck.....

Comment

• Toy Talk
                        Old and out of touch
                        • Aug 7, 2009

I tried reading this thread and am left with a headache. Is there a cliff notes version of this debacle?
                        "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Good grief. PM sent.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• starsky
                            veteran member
                            • Aug 26, 2007

when's the shark coming out?

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                              Supporter of Silliness
                              • Jun 20, 2007

Love the pictures and the updates. Keep them coming. As for the price? Let's save that discussion for PMs. In the end, this thing is going to look cool as can be and I, for one, can't wait to see the end result.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by geoffdude
                                BTW - what is the "cause" in your opinion?
                                Uh, getting the shark made?
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎