Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in a repro Aquaman vs The Great White Shark set?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reevefan78
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 3, 2008

Update January 8, 2011

Hello all,

Just a note to update folks here on the Great White Shark repro project directly from the mold maker.......

"As a matter of fact I do plan on commencing work within the month. When I do start it, it wil be fast and furious so please be ready. I estimate that I need approx 3 weeks, give or take, to be able to accomplish what needs doing. I wish I was already working on it, as is exciting project. Sorry about that. Just really need to get some (previous) orders filled first is all.
    It will be big, i can see it now.."

This is exciting and great news! Thanks for everyone's patience in the interim.....but know that this WILL become a reality and very, very soon. I look forward to sharing all the exciting progress with everyone. Stay tuned....won't be long now.

Comment

• THE FALCON
      Career Member
      • Jan 2, 2011

Looking forward to this.

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

whats the price point at this moment?

Comment

• reevefan78
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by alex
          whats the price point at this moment?
          We won't know exactly until we see what kind of time is involved and factor in the cost of materials. Once we have a prototype we'll be better able to answer the question of price. While we cannot give these away (as businessmen we are not in the business of losing money) we are not looking to gouge anyone either. We will ask a fair price that we feel will cover our costs and cover our time involved. Stay tuned.....more to come.

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

No problem, but can U see this being $75 or $400, just a rough estimate.

Comment

• reevefan78
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by alex
              No problem, but can U see this being $75 or $400, just a rough estimate.
              I can safely say it won't be $75.....honestly that would barely cover the cost of materials and time involved.....there'd be no profit margin and we are looking to earn an honest wage for a superior product with the release of this repro. This will be for SERIOUS collectors....but don't let that scare you away either.....we do NOT seek to gouge anyone. Please keep in mind that we are a two man operation....not a sweat shop in China being paid pennies on the hour.....LOL.

My friend who is molding and casting my original takes commissions like this for a living so this is his main source of income. He is a perfectionist like me and that's a gross understatement, LOL. What he and I have in mind is a product that will look virtually indistinguishable from my original that he is molding except it will be marked "reevefan78 2011" and not with the Mego Corp. symbol and date so that no one will ever be able to pass one off as an original. This is to safeguard those that have spent hundreds (as I have with my original Mego shark) and even thousands in acquiring an original Mego shark.

But at this time I cannot say exactly as I have no idea what my friend is going to encounter time wise in reproducing each one not to mention the expense of the molds and materials involved. All I can say is that it will be the very finest repro Great White Shark that will EVER be produced along with the offering of a repro box. The box will be carefully recreated from photos that I have in high res format of an original boxed Aquaman VS The Great White Shark Mego set. I have photos of both the outside display box as well as the interior insert.

No one who will purchase one of these from us will be disappointed....I can assure you of that. We will NOT produce a product that we ourselves would not be willing to buy at the price we ask for one of ours. We will be producing the highest quality repro you will ever find of this Holy Grail of Mego action sets.

I will be updating this thread over the next month or so as my friend begins the process of molding and casting a prototype to show to everyone here on this forum. Stay tuned...lots of exciting photos and info will follow shortly.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

This is really exciting news...thanks for the update.

Comment

• peytiesdad
                  • Nov 22, 2010

Can't wait!!!!!

Comment

• Mr Mego
                    Love to play with Megos
                    • Oct 19, 2003

Can't wait to see a new Aquaman repro box and repro Great White Shark, would like to purchase 'em if both are correct price.
                    Last edited by Mr Mego; Jan 13, '11, 9:32 AM.
                    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• jacoblb
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2009

I may have already expressed interest in this before. But the high cost concerns me, I doubt I'll be unable to afford it. Still, regardless whether or not I get on board, I wish you much success.

Comment

• Grimm Jimm
                        • Aug 20, 2010

This sounds like a fantastic project! I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking of a JAWS custom project.

I'll be watching this for developments!
                        Last edited by Grimm Jimm; Jan 18, '11, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• reevefan78
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Grimm Jimm
                          This sounds like a fantatic project! I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking of a JAWS custom project.

I'll be watching this for developments!
                          I'm waaaaaaaaaay ahead of you on this. We have some ideas we've been kickin' around for JAWS fans......since it is at the top of our list of all time favorite films!

Stay tuned!

Comment

• THE FALCON
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 2, 2011

Hope to see remegos of Sheriff Brody and Capt. Quint to go with that Jaws exclusive if it's made.

Comment

• reevefan78
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 3, 2008

Update on "Aquashark" progress

Originally posted by THE FALCON
                              Hope to see remegos of Sheriff Brody and Capt. Quint to go with that Jaws exclusive if it's made.
                              Oh, the "Aquashark" is going to be made....no doubt about that. I plan to create prototypes at a later date of the three principals from JAWS and go from there....as closely as Mego might have done back in the day. But first things first.....Aquaman VS TGWS set is on the table. Here's a quote just in yesterday from the mold maker:

Just an update. i am still on schedule for mid of this month to begin the polish and molding of Aquashark.

By "Aquashark" he means my original Mego Great White Shark. More to follow just as soon as I hear more on the progress. Stay tuned.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                                Museum Paramedic
                                • Aug 31, 2005

Thanks for the update!

- Ian
                                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎