Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, it's disappointing. I didn't get any either. None of the stores in a hundred mile radius of me got any. By the sounds of it, the majority of stores haven't even received their initial shipments. It still has to be all tied up in warehouses and the supply chain. 10,000 each is a pretty huge production run for these kind of collectible figures. They will show up eventually.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

The employees are misleading a lot of people, because they are clueless. If you give them the dcpi numbers for cases and you will have more luck finding them.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
        Yeah, this is a bump in the road, you'll all be fine.
        Yeah, you're right Brian...it's way to early to panic and start giving in to the scalpers. I plan to just keep checking the stores. I believe my patients will pay off. 😊
        sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by The Bat
          I believe my patients will pay off. ��
          Always best to make your patients pay up front.

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

Yeah I’m just going to do my weekly thing now the same days I get my comics if I see them at retail great if not,it is what it is.

Comment

• Riderfan
              Megos are cool
              • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
              Yeah, this is a bump in the road, you'll all be fine.
              I think you're probably right, but what about us Canadians (that don't cross border shop) that were relying on buying online?

Meh, I was only interested in the Star Trek stuff anyways, life will go one without these 4 figures and anything else in the works.

Like you said, its not insulin.

K
              I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

Just got back from my third Target today. No luck. I'm going to call it a day, and take some time to appreciate the stuff I already have. I'm sure we all have a room full of collector's toys that we haven't looked at or "played" with in months, so if you're feeling frustrated, I urge you to pull some stuff off your shelves and admire them and be thankful for what we have. They may not be megos, but I'm sure they're cool stuff nevertheless.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 13, 2009

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
                  I don't think any of them are sold out. It's not like people were lined up around the block to buy the new Megos, and 10,000 figures sold out overnight. I think it's more of a really bad rollout by Target themselves. I bet in a week they will be plentiful on shelves, and we will be laughing about the panic we were all feeling.
                  Just going to say this one more time... They'll be there in the next couple days! I feel sorry for the people that paid scalpers prices on ebay! LOL

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
                    Just going to say this one more time... They'll be there in the next couple days! I feel sorry for the people that paid scalpers prices on ebay! LOL
                    I hope no one here did. I'd rather do without than pay one cent to scum like that.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 13, 2009

Me too!

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

Mentioned this in another thread, but using the DCPI number showed nearly every store in my area as having these in stock. They simply haven't put them out yet. From what I could see at the one store I went to there was a section that was being cleared out which may be where these end up. There were NO empty pegs with labels for Mego items already on them, which tells me I didn't miss them, they just haven't been put out yet.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Next weekend, in a number of states, is the sales tax holiday, which is aimed at kids school necessities. Of the 20 states that offer the break, I haven't seen one person from there claim to find on-shelf Mego yet.

So the stores are getting ready for that hit and for those states, they'll unveil new toys at the same time, hoping for a spillover. This is all co-ordinated to bolster their Q3 numbers which are built on back-to-school sales.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                            I hope no one here did. I'd rather do without than pay one cent to scum like that.
                            absolutely. I will not buy these on the secondary market for scalper prices. screw those asshats. they are the bane of the collecting community

Comment

• bleit1701
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 1, 2009

I hit 4 stores in Michigan and found them at 1on an end cap. They had all the 8 inchers, a couple Batman and Harley and 4 Jeanie sets. No Zod, Wonder Woman of Mirror Trek.
                              Better late than never.....

Comment

• Phosfate
                                • Jan 16, 2018

I always enjoy the way that the Target web site completely crashes if you try to access it while inside a Target.
                                I have never kissed the editor of the Radio Times

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎