Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodkeith
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 16, 2008

I kinda like this slow trickle of character reveals...

I think J'onn looks great! Provided that the head size is just a function of an early prototype and it ends up in line with the rest of the current Mego WGSH output.

Comment

• Action Martin
      Apeonaut
      • Dec 30, 2007

It looks like I am in the minority but I like that Mego didn't use bodysuits for the Spectre and Martian Manhunter.
      I also wish they would not have used the Star Trek boot legs. But since I don't collect Star Trek, it really doesn't affect me, except for the Mutant Leader.
      Scott

Comment

• hizzy
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 1, 2023

I don't mind the lack of body suits on the new figures. The Hulk didn't have a body suit and he was an iconic figure!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by hizzy
          I don't mind the lack of body suits on the new figures. The Hulk didn't have a body suit and he was an iconic figure!
          The Hulk didn't wear a suit, just ripped up pants. Characters that have skin showing should not have cloth there, but if they have material in the comics, the figures should, too. I'm sure the Spectre is wearing a bodysuit in the comics because he doesn't have visible nipples. Tarzan should not have had a bodysuit when Mego made him.

Comment

• hizzy
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 1, 2023

Ha! Now you got me googling Spectre nipples. This image might have nipples.

Does the Hulk consistently have nipples? I don't see nipples here

Comment

• Xavion2004
              • Dec 15, 2022

That Martian Manhunter is looking a little rough to me. I love the idea of expanding the WGSH line deeper into the DC Universe, and I love what we’re seeing in terms of character selection. However, a standard has been set, and as much as I love the Martian Manhunter and the Spectre, I’m not sure that standard is being met. Hopefully they will both see some improvements as they move through the prototype and production stages.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Hawkman looks really great!

Comment

• thatblockoguy
                  • Mar 24, 2010

Why doesn’t hulk have nipples?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thatblockoguy
                    Why doesn’t hulk have nipples?
                    It’s not common knowledge, but that’s a side effect of being exposed to gamma radiation.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                      Radioactive!
                      • Feb 13, 2010

Hawkman looks really good.

Comment

• Figure8
                        Museum Patron
                        • May 18, 2016

Wow, yeah, I like Hawkman a lot! He's always been one of my Dream Megos. The FTC version was pretty good, but had its issues. Generally I think Mego has done (even) better versions of Firestorm, Fate etc. I would prefer 'suits to nudes', too, especially with Spectre. Mattel's suited Manhunter looks better to me than the FTC one, but with one of those perfect Mego sculpts (as seen in the current wave), done in the right size, I'm sure he will still work for me.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm liking, and frankly relieved by, Hawkman. It's largish but well sculpted. I figure this is the last "mego" chance for these characters, and FTC fell short IMO.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎