X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

What's next?

Some of us have to budget ahead to keep our Mego toys shipping to our home. I passed on most of the last bunch aside from Two Face, Brainiac, Andorian and the Talosian. What's next?
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

It seems rumored that Trelane is in the next wave.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Kinda quiet..

Aug25_ODW_Blog-1.png
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hizzy
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 1, 2023

Originally posted by palitoy
        Kinda quiet..

Aug25_ODW_Blog-1.png
        I know! It's super quiet. I almost wish the waves were smaller and more frequent so I could spread my enthusiasm over months.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Trelane would be a nice new addition, as would Harry Mudd and Ruk, I would definitely get those.

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

I believe Trelane is a lock for the next wave but I don't know when that will get announced. The Trelane has been championed with a lot of passion and I like the idea but I would like something more offbeat, like the Orion girl or a Tellerite.

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

I guess I'm a little more concerned with where the next wave will be available at retail rather than what. The Walmarts near me have removed the pegs for Walmart in their collectibles section, and I find zero joy in ordering toys through mail order, it feels more like simply accumulating stuff rather than toy shopping and all the incumbent endorphin rush that accompanies that, and I have enough stuff, without the experience of finding them in stores, there's just not enough enjoyment in the experience to spend the money on them for me. I haven't gotten any of the last DC 50th anniversary wave yet because I haven't seen them in stories and even though Dr. Fate is one of my top DC characters and I like the figure, I just dislike mail order enough that I haven't bothered to order one. I got some of the early stuff via Frank and it was a problem-free experience, but it just wasn't the joyful experience that walking down an aisle and spotting them on pegs to make my selections was. And without that experience, I don't see myself buying any new Megos moving forward (maybe at a toy show which also offers that discovery experience but often comes with inflated prices, so probably not).

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
                Museum Patron
                • Aug 23, 2019

Trelene on the way, dang. I bought some Pirate figures, Lafayette to make a Brigadere for my Dr Who… he came with a frilly shirt, jacket and short pants that I decided, would be colour removed and Rit died to make Him… better make him quick then :(

Comment

• Count_Popula
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Aug 28, 2018

I'll always buy any TOS characters. As for the superheroes, it depends on the sculpts. Some are just too modern looking for my taste. That said, I'm always looking forward to a new wave. Any update on Marvel?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Just watched a video and Trelane is NOT planned for the next wave. Bummer!!

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      Just watched a video and Trelane is NOT planned for the next wave. Bummer!!
                      Really? I'm surprised that I haven't heard blowback about that. Although, I have just been keeping my head down and not looking at Mego groups right now.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Here's the video I watched. It's commented on at thirty six minutes and thirty four seconds in. The video is sideways, so I'd just listen and not try to watch it...

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jun 5, '24, 6:37 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

What Paul was saying is they would show a Trelane prototype and see how it does with preorders. If it hits the mark, it will be produced, if it doesn’t it won’t.
                          Kind of similar to the Talosian and Andorian last wave, although he also said those two didn’t hit the preorder mark, but Marty really liked how they looked and gave the green light to produce them.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• puckace
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 5, 2009

Has anyone heard anything about retail for Mego? I'm concerned that these are seemingly no longer at Walmart or Target. I'm not opposed to getting these from etailers, but there's nothing like finding them in the store and walking out with a brand new Mego.

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

I have zero interest in what Mego is currently producing. I really feel they've narrowed their scope in a way that will alienate new fans, and appeal only to older collectors.
                              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎