Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Isn't Everyone Freaking Out About The New Wave?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hizzy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 1, 2023

Why Isn't Everyone Freaking Out About The New Wave?

The silence is deafening! The knees are fixed! Where's your excitement? The Nightwing box is ugly but okay.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I wouldn’t mind seeing the upgraded and fixed bodies sold separately.

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I'm not excited because Mego has hitched their wagon to Marvel and DC at the expense of everything else.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Action Martin
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 30, 2007

Nice to hear that the knees are fixed but the line-up of characters is not one that I am interested in.
        Scott

Comment

• zeedox
          Career Member
          • Aug 10, 2007

Can we buy fixed Batman Superman etc?

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

I am excited about the new wave. I hadn't heard about the knees being fixed in this wave... if so, that is even better!

The superheroes are understandably the focus of this wave (and the production samples look way better than the original prototypes). But I was able to get figures for Star Trek, an Oompa Loompa, Ted Lasso, and House of the Dragon. There is a lot of goodness in this wave beyond superheroes.

I think once they start arriving in people's mailboxes, you will hear more discussion about these.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by hizzy
              The silence is deafening! The knees are fixed! Where's your excitement? The Nightwing box is ugly but okay.
              The new Megos are out? Woo hoo!! I'm freakin' out!!

Comment

• nubee
                Career Member
                • Feb 15, 2010

I'm very happy especially when the finished product looks better than the samples. I didn't know the knee issue was fixed. This is fantastic news!!! Now where the heck are the All Star Squadron. Where is Solomon Grundy? I would luv to create the cover for Showcase #55. Gonna need that new muscular body for the Hulk and Thing too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

It's possible that the figures were announced so long before the release that we've gotten used to them "existing" before they did. It is an exciting wave, and I need to get a set when finances free up a bit.
                  Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Mar 17, '24, 8:21 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I'll freak out when I have them in hand, and probably not all in a good way lol.

WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

I’m holding out until wave 20.
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

I'm hoping wave 20 will all be Marvel!

Comment

• Jase
                          Museum Patron
                          • Sep 22, 2021

Waiting on my set (minus Nightwing) to arrive. Was supposed to be today but got delayed until tomorrow.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by B-Lister
                            I'm not excited because Mego has hitched their wagon to Marvel and DC at the expense of everything else.
                            Let's face it, Mego had trouble getting enough orders to make the two Trek figures in this wave (technically, they apparently didn't, really, but made them anyway. And, yes, I was utterly shocked at the idea Mego was having trouble selling Trek aliens). Same with the Oompa Loompa. I think the one Game of Thrones sequel figure in the same situation was dropped altogether. And I believe Fox asked them to sit on the Apes for a bit because of the new movie. What's apparently not having problems is the super heroes. Red Tornado and Deadman are not exactly household names (much as I personally love the characters), but I didn't hear a hint of any problems getting enough orders for them. Despite a lot of talking heads blathering about super hero fatigue, comic book characters have never had such a high profile in general pop culture before. If I recall correctly, Big Lots asked Mego specifically for some exclusive heroes. The WGSH line was Mego's workhorse back in the day (I seem to remember the line was somewhere around 18% of their total revenue at one point), and I wouldn't be surprised if history is repeating itself. Die hard fans had been asking for exactly what we're getting since Mego came back; it's not a shock that they are apparently doing well. Now, I am betting that the nostalgia bug will also make the upcoming Trek re-dos a popular seller, as well. Retro is very in right now, and a lot of the local action figure aisles are looking like a toy flashback. And Mego, as a business, has to go where the sales are. I want more Trek, Apes and Monsters, too, but I do understand you have to follow the money. And it seems that money dons its underwear on the outside...
                            Last edited by scott metzger; Mar 20, '24, 3:09 PM.

Comment

• shaunaconda
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Mar 29, 2020

Originally posted by scott metzger

Let's face it, Mego had trouble getting enough orders to make the two Trek figures in this wave (technically, they apparently didn't, really, but made them anyway. And, yes, I was utterly shocked at the idea Mego was having trouble selling Trek aliens). Same with the Oompa Loompa. I think the one Game of Thrones sequel figure in the same situation was dropped altogether. And I believe Fox asked them to sit on the Apes for a bit because of the new movie. What's apparently not having problems is the super heroes. Red Tornado and Deadman are not exactly household names (much as I personally love the characters), but I didn't hear a hint of any problems getting enough orders for them. Despite a lot of talking heads blathering about super hero fatigue, comic book characters have never had such a high profile in general pop culture before. If I recall correctly, Big Lots asked Mego specifically for some exclusive heroes. The WGSH line was Mego's workhorse back in the day (I seem to remember the line was somewhere around 18% of their total revenue at one point), and I wouldn't be surprised if history is repeating itself. Die hard fans had been asking for exactly what we're getting since Mego came back; it's not a shock that they are apparently doing well. Now, I am betting that the nostalgia bug will also make the upcoming Trek re-dos a popular seller, as well. Retro is very in right now, and a lot of the local action figure aisles are looking like a toy flashback. And Mego, as a business, has to go where the sales are. I want more Trek, Apes and Monsters, too, but I do understand you have to follow the money. And it seems that money dons its underwear on the outside...
                              Very well said!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎