• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
    I like him with symmetry and Apache Chief's mouth

It would also help if his eye line was in the center of the face. He's starting to look like Robert D'Zar.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

great job on the photo-manipulation! you have inspired me! When i re-sculpt Mego / Figures Toy Compay heads, i work out the details on with GIMP / photoshop. For me, re-aligning the symmetry is paramount; then work on the paint job... simply, re-centre the eyes, and even lower them to the centre of the head, and follow up by paling-out those red lips... here, i actually aligned a pic of Super Friends Superman cel, then overlayed essential parts from the FTC face to the same dimensions. He seriously needs a thicker neck.

Superman _ Super Friends _ Superfriends _ Figures Toy Company _ Mego
      Last edited by comicmike; May 20, '15, 6:08 PM.

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

AAAAHHHH!!!

What's happening?!

bad plastic surgery!
        make it stop!

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

I like it the way it is. Call me the minority.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• nobody
            banjo!
            • Jan 26, 2012

That actually looks closer.

Comment

• nobody
              banjo!
              • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Brown Bear
              I like it the way it is. Call me the minority.
              You are the minority, you now have the rights to tell us what to do and dictate our lives. Enjoy!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by megoknight
                You are the minority, you now have the rights to tell us what to do and dictate our lives. Enjoy!
                You wish. thhppp!
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                  I still think that Wonder Woman will make or break the line. If she has lame looking molded hair with a tiara molded to the head, or a poorly done costume, I probably won't buy the rest of the main characters. JeffBearCO
                  I confess I don't fully understand this position. FTC's handling of rooted hair has been spotty (Wondergirl is a prime example). IMO, as an animated character, Toth's WW could certainly have sculpted hair and DC Direct did a nice job depicting it in their SF WW figure. If FTC was to do rooted hair and a tiara accessory, it would look quite a bit like variants they've already announced. Also, they would have to style and set the hair to look appropriate, and this is something more sophisticated they've not yet demonstrated.

To me, a sculpted WW is by no means a deal-breaker if well-executed. Especially since Apache Chief has molded hair & not the Conan treatment.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by comicmike
                    great job on the photo-manipulation! you have inspired me! When i re-sculpt Mego / Figures Toy Compay heads, i work out the details on with GIMP / photoshop. For me, re-aligning the symmetry is paramount; then work on the paint job... simply, re-centre the eyes, and even lower them to the centre of the head, and follow up by paling-out those red lips... here, i actually aligned a pic of Super Friends Superman cel, then overlayed essential parts from the FTC face to the same dimensions. He seriously needs a thicker neck.

The picture didn't come through.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

With the head sizing issues, if they did Wonder Woman with molded hair she would look like a bobble head.

To me, molded hair for a long haired female figure just looks cheap. It is a personal choice that I would not want one in my collection. If I got one, it would be for the outfit and I'd replace the head. And the outfit would have to be killer.

JeffBearCO
                      Last edited by jeffbearco; May 20, '15, 7:51 PM.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by comicmike

Yep, I like this 100% more. Nice job! If you make a head like that, I'm in for one!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Not to bash anyone's work, but aside from a little bit of mold warp, I think the far left FTC model looks much closer to the far right Super Friends model, than the strange Jay Leno head in the middle.

Comment

• megonaught
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 29, 2008

I am a superfriends fan but these are not selling them for me.
                            They just look off in some way.
                            I will stick to the Mego repos as original Megos are what made me love dc heroes to begin with.
                            Action Jackson is his name.
                            Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• megonaught
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 29, 2008

I wonder when these get off the ground if they wont do episode specific figures.
                              The versions of the heroes from The Wizard of Oz comes to mind.
                              Those would be cool.
                              Action Jackson is his name.
                              Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

It's weird. We find out now that medium plays a huge role in how animated characters translate to 3D. Perhaps the Mego format isn't the best for capturing the Toth look. Those maquettes from a few years back sure nailed it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎