Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one else will say it. So I will. The new stuff looks bad.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacsfc
    Career Member
    • Aug 2, 2004

Originally posted by VinMan
    New stuff does not look good. Myx? Terrible. Tarzan? Worse. Kull? Not good. I could go on. They are nailing it with the Batman stuff IMO. But this looks like a sloppy job. If I praise 'em when they are good (Batman '66. Batman Wave 1) then I gotta call it both ways. On a side note, when are the clothes gonna fit right??
    Just curious. Will you still put them on five dollar custom cards and resell them on ebay for 74.99 like the other figures ?

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      Conan's description does not mention a sword:

Conan Retro 8 Inch Action Figures Series 1: Conan The Barbarian

This is an exact replica of the original action figure that was released by Mego. Includes an authentic cloth outfit, molded axe, boots, belt & wrist guards. Comes in resealable plastic clamshell packaging that can be opened and closed without damaging the figure. Other figures in this series include Solomon Kane & Kull The Conqueror. Available in 8 inch only.
      That sucks, then. FTC really needs to lose "exact duplicate" from its marketing material.

Teemu, said he asked FTC and confirmed Conan would come with the scabbard and sword and axe.
      Last edited by madmarva; Jul 20, '14, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by noelani72
        not meaning to get off topic, but this pose is cool. His head looks like it's angled a bit - did you mod the neck with a ball joint?
        thanks for noticing the clock ,had it for years its a nice old clock lol ,no not a ball joint the body i used to swap him out ,the bikin 89 bats body ,neck hole was a bit too big ,so i wrapped the neck plug with electrical tape ,to lengthen and thicken it ,and as a consequence it give the head a better rage of movement ,heres a coulple of pics that may explain what i did lol

Comment

• libby 1957dog
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 3, 2009

when the head is pushed down it still retains side to side and up and down motion ,the last 2 picks show the wrist ball pegs boiled and popped and not stuck in so far ,stops the gloves falling off a treat ,sorry for the poor pictures ,but hopefully you will see what i did

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

So far, I have found that what actually arrives at my front door is always better than what was originally pictured in the promo/prototype pics. With the obvious exception of Alfred and his bulbous head, I think FTC has done and continues to do great things with figures that are allowing us all to relive a bit of our childhood if we choose to.

Comment

• VinMan
              Career Member Mego Maniac
              • Sep 6, 2012

Originally posted by jacsfc
              Just curious. Will you still put them on five dollar custom cards and resell them on ebay for 74.99 like the other figures ?
              That is not me my friend.. If you are gonna act like a fool know who you are directing it at.

I love all these posts. I just say my opinion because this is supposed to be a group discussion - hence the word FORUM - and so many of you take issue.
              Last edited by VinMan; Jul 20, '14, 1:17 PM.

Comment

• VinMan
                • Sep 6, 2012

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                ^^^Player said it right, clearly and simple! Wait until the real stuff come out and don't start your unwanted, unrequested criticism with their prototypes... Then, if the actual figures come with huge noggins here are your options: a) Buy them privately (& still complaint herein) b) Not buy them (and complaint herein) or c) Buy them and praise how much you liked them herein (yeah, right!).

This is not about not withstanding positive feedback or criticism... It is about identifying members who believe they have the monopoly of wisdom in all Mego subjects and not giving them standing or ranking but letting them know so... Nuff' time spent with your comments...^^^
                Opinions? I am entitled. We all are. This is a FORUM. I do support the lines. Buy almost all of 'em. Think the company is GREAT and think the customer service is very, very good.
                Opinions? You dont like 'em? Delete your account. I would listen to enyawd72's comments all day every day. May not agree with 'em. May not disagree with em. But I would discuss them. It's a FORUM.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

That is not me my friend.. If you are gonna act like a fool know who you are directing it at.

I love all these posts. I just say my opinion because this is supposed to be a group discussion - hence the word FORUM - and so many of you take issue.
                  That's true but when you start a thread 'no one else will say it so I will', you're implying that everyone else sees the same thing you do, but the rest of us aren't willing to say what you will. As you've seen from the replies this thread has gotten, that's pretty much bunk.

Comment

• Random Axe
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Apr 16, 2008

I told you eventually all the Vins were gonna get mixed up here...

It sucks that personal opinion and honest observation can be so villified. You stated your feelings and opened up a discussion that should have been a friendly debate. Instead, this thread escalated into a cacophony of hurt feelings and damaged egos. I agree, some of those do not look good. At all. Of course I said the same thing abut some of the RA figures, and they turned out pretty great. I thought the Shazam proto was a freakin joke, like I was being punked. Then I saw the final product and it's my favorite of the entire line. Keep posting your honest thoughts without worrying about the results or backlash. They are your thoughts, you own them and nobody can tell you your opinion is wrong.
                    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• VinMan
                      • Sep 6, 2012

Originally posted by Random Axe
                      I told you eventually all the Vins were gonna get mixed up here...

It sucks that personal opinion and honest observation can be so villified. You stated your feelings and opened up a discussion that should have been a friendly debate. Instead, this thread escalated into a cacophony of hurt feelings and damaged egos. I agree, some of those do not look good. At all. Of course I said the same thing abut some of the RA figures, and they turned out pretty great. I thought the Shazam proto was a freakin joke, like I was being punked. Then I saw the final product and it's my favorite of the entire line. Keep posting your honest thoughts without worrying about the results or backlash. They are your thoughts, you own them and nobody can tell you your opinion is wrong.
                      Yeah Axe. I thought it was a discussion board. I will remain quiet from now on. The joke is I have likely bought more of these FTC releases than most people who are angry about my post.
                      Player, this is your board now. Nice work rallying so many people in so short a time. I will likely get all of the newly shown figures minus one or two. I will not again mention what I like or don't like.... This place is a cheering zone and most do not want to have real discussions with real opinions.

as for the other Vinny? Smart dude. Honest dude. One of the very best on this board.
                      Last edited by VinMan; Jul 20, '14, 1:39 PM.

Comment

• megoscott
                        Founding Partner
                        • Nov 17, 2006

These things aren't going away, so everybody better get used to other people expressing opinions. This IS a discussion board and there's a lot to discuss. Respect peoples right to speak and keep personalities out of it.

Stay civil and if you can't read someone's opinion without attacking them go for a walk and get your head straight.
                        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                          • Feb 27, 2014

Vin, you started a thread called 'No one else will say it so I will'.

Then the first response was "I had opted to bite my tongue because some can't take the criticism. "

Then I pointed out these were prototype pics and not final pics, and I was told "Player, put away the pom poms for once and admit that these don't look that great."

That doesn't sound like a group of guys wanting to start a discussion, it sounds like an attack. I think others took it the same way. I hope all of you stay here and keep voicing your opinions, but you have to realize that not everyone will always agree with those opinions, and if some of us don't, that doesn't mean we aren't willing to say something or that we can't be objective, it just means that we have a different opinion than you do.

There shouldn't be anything wrong with that, either.

PS: Constructive criticism is fine and necessary. In fact I think less of it should be happening here, and more of it on FTC's Facebook page to be honest.
                          Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Jul 20, '14, 2:02 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            That's true but when you start a thread 'no one else will say it so I will', you're implying that everyone else sees the same thing you do, but the rest of us aren't willing to say what you will. As you've seen from the replies this thread has gotten, that's pretty much bunk.
                            Actually, I think it is way more respectful to keep the criticisms to a thread specifically created for that purpose. I hate it when people are excited about a new figure and somebody feels the need to spam their thread and try to convince them that they are wrong and the new figures stink.

And now that I have seen the reverse, I think it is pretty crappy when people are attacked from voicing some points of concern. Especially when we all agree on that facts: some of the heads are too big, some of the outfits are too baggy, Conan's sword and scabbard is missing, etc. Now, you may think those items will be corrected. You may think they are no big deal. You may think Mego did worse. But that is interpretation of the facts. There doesn't seem to be any argument about the facts themselves.

So for those who don't think the figures look "bad" (as stated in the title of the thread), why the heck would you click in here and reply? Am I weird in that I think it is ok (and dare I say, even healthy) that not everybody will like the same things?

Comment

• Vinny0026
                              Year Five!!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by jacsfc
                              well I take it - that is a pop shot at me - who by the way had nothing to do with this post.
                              Almost everyone on the mm sells something via ebay.

All I will say to the remark is - worry about your only ebay account - not mine.
                              "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• DaBillmann
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jun 16, 2011

Originally posted by sprytel
                                So for those who don't think the figures look "bad" (as stated in the title of the thread), why the heck would you click in here and reply? Am I weird in that I think it is ok (and dare I say, even healthy) that not everybody will like the same things?

Becauuuuuuuuse this is a discussion board and if a person disagress with what the original poster says they have a right to state said disagreement, as long as it is done in a respectful way. That is called "discussing" it. and I kinda think that is what Player, who posted the first "disagreeing" veiwpoint did.

And I might add, Player was the first person "attacked". "Put away your pom poms for once". BOTH sides have been attacked for their opinions here.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎