My take on the Retro Batman line so far

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNGwynne
    replied
    White Penguin hands & improved tailoring? Excellent news!

Leave a comment:

• Brown Bear
    replied
    Got series 1 for the kids for christmas (pic on FTC's facebook page) and all 4 were perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    Are the emblems cracking and peeling off like the Retro-Action figures? I certainly hope not.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Boywonder0
    replied
    Originally posted by rlkrefft
    though i didn't get mine yet, a friend of mine got his series 2 today, and penguin has the white hands also catwoman's outfit appears to be tighter as well. Maybe we will get ours monday?
    Great news!!! Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• rlkrefft
    replied
    Though I didn't get mine yet, a friend of mine got his series 2 today, and Penguin has the white hands also Catwoman's outfit appears to be tighter as well. Maybe we will get ours Monday?

Leave a comment:

• Figuremod73
    replied
    Sorry to hear that theres still problems with figures being stringed to tight. Maybe in the future that will change.

Leave a comment:

• HardyGirl
    replied
    I got myself a Riddler and Joker. Riddler's OK, but Joker's got a busted left arm. Oh well. I'll put in call to FTC tomorrow. At least Batman can still foil the Riddler this Christmas Day!

Leave a comment:

• Boywonder0
    replied
    Congrats! It shouldn't be a problem but they WILL ask you to return the extra Batman!

Leave a comment:

• kerowack
    replied
    Well, hell. Opened up my Xmas presents and the wife totally remembered to get me the first wave. Unfortunately, FTC forgot to remember the riddler and sent me two batmans. She ordered on the 29th of last month.....I hope it's not a problem to exchange.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    They may not be able to sell finned gloves or Bat-belts, but the other, less distinct tooling should be up for grabs.

Leave a comment:

• Figuremod73
    replied
    I emailed Figures Inc. yesterday to see if the Retro Batman parts could be bought seperately in the future and the response was that they couldnt do that with this license. (still have a Mego Batman I need to finish at some point)

Kinda suprised by that but I guess that must be part of the conditions of the license. We'll see in the future if thats the case.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldBlade6
    ...the fabric seems not really fabricy - more like some kind of really cheap material with lots of tiny holes in it.
    No, the fabric is shinier but nice--it's polyester single-knit which is the closest modern equivalent to vintage Mego poly knit, and much preferable to cotton jersey or spandexes IMO for a "Mego" style.

It's been used for years by various vendors (incl. Emce) for repro bodysuits & clothing, as well as for the new Capt. Action & Hallowe'en costumes.

Leave a comment:

• Figuremod73
    replied

I've fixed many MOTU legs with those. Great suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• GoldBlade6
    replied
    I would be interested in getting these figures, but I'm still really jaded from Mattel's Retro-Action line, most of which are available for like $5-7 at the moment. I don't really want to be paying $25 and then watch them be available for $7. Granted, EMCE's Trek figures haven't really dropped in price.

These are cool, but I wish they didn't have the tray in the bubble, and the fabric seems not really fabricy - more like some kind of really cheap material with lots of tiny holes in it. I think for now, I'll just wait and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
    replied
    Originally posted by comicmike
    i put small screw eyes into the shoulder sockets, and now they're fine. i did the same with my Type 1 hips/fore-leg sockets to correct the wide-leg stance. the screw eyes can not be seen, and the bodies' strength & integrity are simply re-inforced
    An excellent idea!

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎