My take on the Retro Batman line so far

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasimhosen
    replied
    I just sent them an email and they offered the body. Let's hope they're learning from this and the Titans and future waves will be better. If nothing else its not a bad price for a head and outfit and we can always get a body from the Dr. or elsewhere. It really is amazing that Mego figured this out almost 50 years ago. The only time I remember them breaking was when they were misused. I remember breaking the band in a Spider-Man when he was doing some rigorous swinging. Fell apart right in my hand and to my mother it lost its use and had to be thrown away. Wish I had the Museum to show me how to fix them back then.

Originally posted by noelani72
    Same offer to me that I basically had to pull out of them....
    I really don't think I should work to fix the figure...they could have just dropped another one in the mail.
    That's part of doing business in my opinion.

Someone I respect did help direct some of my disappoint in FTC's recent bait and switch tactics and their continued poor quality....he said, let's take the good with the bad. I get that, I really do...we are getting near exact replicas of what we grew up with for a little more than an Andrew Jackson per figure. For some that's a couple hours of work, for some a. Few minutes...I value my Andrew Jackson's quite a bit because it's hard earning them and with the events of late, I will have to be selective how I spend em.

They could have blown me away with their customer service, and they didn't...so that needs fixed still.

After re-stringing my four batman figures, I can now enjoy them.

Leave a comment:

• Wasimhosen
    replied
    Originally posted by boss
    Saw these figures at my local comic shop. I thought they looked great. The Robin's arm was loose in the package. It looked like it had been strung so tight the connector had pulled through the plastic.

They had them at 29.99.
    That's exactly what was going on with my Batman. I contacted FTC and theyre sending a new body today.

Leave a comment:

• boss
    replied
    Saw these figures at my local comic shop. I thought they looked great. The Robin's arm was loose in the package. It looked like it had been strung so tight the connector had pulled through the plastic.

They had them at 29.99.

Leave a comment:

• thunderbolt
    replied
    ^^^ I was really hoping FTC fixed the issues of the past, guess they found all new issues. Castaway and Dr. Mego are right to get rid of the strung body, no one can do it right anymore. My vintage Spidey and nearly 50 year old GI Joes are better strung than these new ones and still work fine. I'm now more than a little concerned about wanting to order the 66 Bat-Figures if they ever see the light of day.

Leave a comment:

• ubermanx
    replied
    Case in point ...

IMG_20131211_222043-1.jpg

Don't think this kinda thing is worth more than the Universal Monsters. Especially if you factor in the cost if a new body.

I have popped all my heads and coloured hands on the FTC white bodies I have lying around and all is good.

But I am still expecting a tonne of folks with busted arms shortly.

- Marty

Leave a comment:

• noelani72
    replied
    Originally posted by Wasimhosen
    They've already contacted me and offered to ship a new body. Theie customer service is great in my opinion. It's early in the line, I'm sure they'll work everything out and we'll all be happy.
    Same offer to me that I basically had to pull out of them....
    I really don't think I should work to fix the figure...they could have just dropped another one in the mail.
    That's part of doing business in my opinion.

Someone I respect did help direct some of my disappoint in FTC's recent bait and switch tactics and their continued poor quality....he said, let's take the good with the bad. I get that, I really do...we are getting near exact replicas of what we grew up with for a little more than an Andrew Jackson per figure. For some that's a couple hours of work, for some a. Few minutes...I value my Andrew Jackson's quite a bit because it's hard earning them and with the events of late, I will have to be selective how I spend em.

They could have blown me away with their customer service, and they didn't...so that needs fixed still.

After re-stringing my four batman figures, I can now enjoy them.

Leave a comment:

• Wasimhosen
    replied
    They've already contacted me and offered to ship a new body. Theie customer service is great in my opinion. It's early in the line, I'm sure they'll work everything out and we'll all be happy.

Leave a comment:

• Wasimhosen
    replied
    I just sent them an email but had to send 3 because of the limited space they allow.

Leave a comment:

• Wasimhosen
    replied
    I just looked at mine closely and the hole for the hook is torn right through. There won't be any fix for this arm. These are at a premium price and should have much better quality control.

Leave a comment:

• ubermanx
    replied
    Originally posted by Astronut
    Some people will never be happy. No matter what they get.
    I my particular case I am happy lots. The Bif Bang Pow figures have been great. The Universal Monsters are amazing. Love my Presidential Monsters. And don't even get me started on how awesome Brick Mantooth is ...

But the bodies on these Batman figures are not the best FTC has produced. And the Batman series are more expensive than the Universal Monsters with poorer quality. Why should I be happy about paying more for less? Just cause its Batman?

Pop the costumes of your Batman and look at the arm where the clip connects. There is no way that is gonna last. Mego Museum 2023 posters are gonna be talking about all the MOC Batmen with broken arms just like we talk about busted leg Hulks.

Sorry but except for early FTC remegos and the Mattel ones ALL other remegos I have seen are better built including FTC's own mad clown series.

- Marty

EDIT: And to be fair I love my Zica Buck Rogers and Cast-a-way Captain Action. Both also superior build quality over the Retro Batmen.
    Last edited by ubermanx; Dec 11, '13, 8:13 PM. Reason: addition

Leave a comment:

• Wasimhosen
    replied
    Just opened them and they were great except for Batmans left arm is not attached to his torso at all. I can't see the rubber band to hook it onto. Would I be better off taking the whole body apart and trying to put it back together?

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    And some people will always be satisfied to dangle a carrot in front of a horse. The horse will pursue it, hoping for more.

I suppose the question is, how hungry must a horse be to eat a rotten carrot?

And, do collectors have horse-sense?

Leave a comment:

• Astronut
    replied
    Some people will never be happy. No matter what they get.

The griping is really sad. Some people are just thankless, joyless. You could give them a check for $10,000 and as soon as you leave the room they'd complain that the check looks ugly or has stupid cats on it or whatever. They can't just be happy with what is handed to them. They can't live in the moment.

Judging by the photos and early reviews I'm sure they're pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Astronut; Dec 11, '13, 7:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drogge
    replied
    Just picked up two sets at my local comic book store and I am extremely happy. They are in perfect condition, no flaws. They move and stand perfectly. I feel GIDDY, like the post above me. This is great!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Wasimhosen
    replied
    Finally got mine from the lcbs. I haven't been on in a while and am kind of dismayed at some of the reviews here. Hopefully mine are in good shape. I'll be opening them soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎