X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
    The same was true of the Doc Mego bodies. They were strung so tight, that it would split the top of the torso at the seam and suck the arms inside. But Doc fixed that problem with the new bulked up arms with swivel biceps.
    I contacted them to tell how my figure broke twice within minutes of gentle use - lemme just say (as I sit here finishing this cup of coffee that had time to go cold) that I authored them a novel just now on FB about their unsympathetic reply to my comment. I'll spare the details, but i am seriously not one damn bit happy right now and probably should step away from the keyboard because I am better than this....

Comment

• Chris
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by noelani72
      I contacted them to tell how my figure broke twice within minutes of gentle use
      Amazing. They are exactly like my original Megos. They must have contacted Marty Abrams for the fragile formula.
      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

The twist tie holding my Joker to the cardback was so tight it tore right through the front half of his neck plug.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

I contacted them to tell how my figure broke twice within minutes of gentle use - lemme just say (as I sit here finishing this cup of coffee that had time to go cold) that I authored them a novel just now on FB about their unsympathetic reply to my comment. I'll spare the details, but i am seriously not one damn bit happy right now and probably should step away from the keyboard because I am better than this....
          Sounds like they've gotten a lot of complaints. They're getting defensive. You should post your experience, however.

I've been waiting to see how the reviews went, but now I'm confident that I don't need to buy these.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• VinMan
            Career Member Mego Maniac
            • Sep 6, 2012

My set is in the mail, but they had better make good on these one way or another... If mine are like alot of yours and don't work well I am never ever going to buy another thing from them....

I am not noelani. No parts bin in my house... I can't restring a body - NOR SHOULD I HAVE TO FOR 100 DOLLARS!!!!!

$100 is alot of money for some people and I finally went for it.... I hope these figures are good and sturdy, because if not I won't be dealing with them again...

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

I was afraid of this happening. After what FTC went through with their first figures I didn't think there was any way they were going to screw it up again and put out an inferior product. Guess I was wrong. I had no interest in any of the early releases but really would have loved to see some of the guest star villains like Egghead and Tut. I don't see any way that happens. I have to believe the release of the KISS parts was a result of returned broken bodies or lack of complete figure sales. I expect these will end up going the same route eventually. Glad I didn't get any. I'm no where near as calm as Chad. I tend to "vent" rather loudly.
              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by megocrazy
                I was afraid of this happening. After what FTC went through with their first figures I didn't think there was any way they were going to screw it up again and put out an inferior product. Guess I was wrong. I had no interest in any of the early releases but really would have loved to see some of the guest star villains like Egghead and Tut. I don't see any way that happens. I have to believe the release of the KISS parts was a result of returned broken bodies or lack of complete figure sales. I expect these will end up going the same route eventually. Glad I didn't get any. I'm no where near as calm as Chad. I tend to "vent" rather loudly.
                well, I have calmed down a bit - but not by much.
                I've always tried to be the bigger man and walk away - I hate forum drama, I don't want to be part of drama that makes the Mods lives any more hectic than they already are…believe me, I want to just explode with a tirade and go off on a rant that just the mere echo of my rant will shatter the Internet as we know it and destroy the foundation this company stands on to get their attention. It echoes everything we're already fed up with - corrupt government, messed up religions, gas prices, long work hours…dear gawd….if you cannot have the simplest enjoyment in your hobby - a means of escape and relaxation, then what do you have?

I've spent the better part of the morning second guessing myself - did I make a mountain out of a molehill? I've asked myself over and over is there something wrong with my psyche and some deep rooted resentment about my childhood that rose expectations of the product too high and I caused my own disappointment??
                I want to post the conversation, but the deck is in their hands now. People know I've bent over backwards to help make this place a better community and it's a shame FTC doesn't participate…
                With the deck being in their hands to make this right however they see fit - my reaction will be based on how sincere I view their efforts…

Comment

• Legend of Link
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 12, 2010

With the deck being in their hands to make this right however they see fit - my reaction will be based on how sincere I view their efforts…

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

My daughter and I have been playing with our Joker and Riddler since Saturday, and have zero issues. As I mentioned in either this or another thread, FTC is not the only company to have problems with their bodies. My Biff Bang Pow figures are even tighter, have different length legs, and other issues. The Doc bodies I have all seem to have a wacky leg twist to them, and most of my Megos lean one way or another. Rubber bands are no way to string figures together.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• BATMAN89
                      Mego obsessed!!!
                      • Jul 20, 2010

I had to fix my Steve Austin when one rubber band broke right away.
                      Ironically I fixed him with CTVT black rubber bands. I have done this with a couple of other DM bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
                      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

With all of the complaints, I'm glad that I didn't buy into these.

Although, I shudder to think of what the 66 line is going to be like, if this is just the beginning.

We may have to transplant heads onto new bodies anyway, if FTC is unsympathetic to the customer.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

I've had no problem with mine and think they are great. I think FTC has learned from their past efforts and are continuously improving. The new bodies are a big improvement and pretty equal to the other 8" Mego reproductions. The hands are much better than before and are almost exactly like the original Megos. The clothing is well made and fits perfectly. I was lucky enough to not have any issues with the ones I got and understand how disappointing it is to have something break. But as has been pointed out, this also happens to all the other re-mego figures.
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

….. their unsympathetic reply to my comment.....
                            I think the root issue is getting clouded - yes, even I have had a DrMego body break. IF we want to start talking semantics, then lets do the math and compare just what CTVT/FTC track record has been with their bodies compared to other vendors.

The issue here was their less than satisfactory reply. No offer of replacement, no apology…they didn't give a ****….that - that response sent this into a whole other realm.
                            They have since apologized and offered to replace "the body".

To put it in a different light - you have two kids fighting on the playground.
                            The supervisor breaks it up.
                            The supervisor then makes each one of the kids shake hands and say they're sorry….do the two kids want to? Nope. Do they do it? Yup or they will be in more trouble. Are they sincere in the handshake and apology? Not one bit because it was forced.
                            I feel like I had to force them to step up and make it right.

and to have to force it, well, it just really ruined it al for me. I have the figs that I waited 40yrs for, but a really damn salty taste in my mouth.
                            I was all excited for the KIS DTK figs and the Farrow sculpts…but now, meh..not so much.
                            I don't like giving away my hard earned money.
                            I'm just not going to stand for baloney. Nope Nadda.Ain't happening.
                            Last edited by noelani72; Nov 27, '13, 4:52 PM.

Comment

• zeedox
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 10, 2007

Really?

Look at this site. I visit here to enjoy these kind of things.
                              I don't think the company has a huge profit margin when you factor in the license.
                              These are magical toys.
                              I think people should realize that there opinions can affect the future.
                              And I need more of these sort of things.
                              If it breaks buy a couple its a toy.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

^Really?

Yes, really. Real reactions, real emotions, real product.

Expecting a reasonably accommodating & reasonably courteous response from a vendor is appropriate.

Profit margin? These are $5-$7 more than other Remegos. Believe me, we all know we're paying for a license & we don't mind if the product is good.

These are not "magical" toys. They do not have that aura yet--they are fun, cool, colorful, perhaps even very much appreciated buy some collectors & customers. But expectations of all sorts/bias will have to be factored against nostalgia & availability before they become "magical."

Yes, opinions DO affect the future: It's called purchasing power affecting markets.

I need/want more of them too--and I am willing to replace bodies. But no-one should have to.

Nor should anyone have to de facto buy two, toy or not--anymore than one would buy a second, superfluous car, washing machine, or Sunday suit because of poor manufacture. That's dismissive & condescending. Just because these purchases are from "disposable" income doesn't mean that income is doubly disposable.
                                Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 27, '13, 6:23 PM.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎