X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Wtrailer
    Just got my Batman and Robin in today. Overall I really like them. I compared them to the originals and there were a few little differences. First off they are a little smaller and the colors are not the same (mainly the boots, shoes and gloves). Also, Robin's shirt has long sleeves. Not sure if this is inaccurate considering my vintage Robin has a repro shirt with shorter sleeves. Robin's belt design is also different from the repro belt on my vintage Robin. They do come in clam shell packaging. In order to open them you have to cut the Figures Toy Co. tie which I did not do.
    WT
    His shirt sleeves were longer. Doc's repro tunic has much shorter sleeves.

Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• David Lee
      The Fix-it-up Chappie
      • Jun 10, 2002

For the love of Mike, sombody post pix!

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I really want to see comparisons of the heads with originals.

Comment

• rlkrefft
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 14, 2010

I just got mine delivered. They look great. I love that Batman's blue is all the same shade, and darker. Joker's purple is also deeper. My Batman's body is a bit stiff though. All of them are stiff, but Batman is the worst. He doesn't lean over like that god awful Retro Action figure from Mattel, but its hard to pose him. The belt also doesn't go low enough to touch the black shorts, so you can see the shorts line then the belt, then the gray suit. If you play with enough you can get it to stay in place. Oh and his gray is lighter than the Mego one. It looks more like the Super Powers blue. Best thing I like is the capes are not made of that same material Mego used that always used to fray. Its more like cloth. How do I post pics on here?

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

Above where you place your comment on the right side, the third option from the right. It will say "insert image". You can upload it strait from your computer to here that way.

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

Its also possible to use photobucket or some of the other photo sharing sites as well. Check the area near the bottom of the megomuseum topics. It will say "testing area and help". There may be some useful help topics on posting pics there as well.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 14, 2010

batman.jpgjoker.jpgriddler.jpgrobin.jpg

Comment

• mego
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 16, 2012

are the bodies better than the recent FTC releases?

Comment

• rlkrefft
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 14, 2010

Sorry, pics are poor. I only take them from my phone as my camera broke. One note, Robin's cape is more like original Robin's cape by Mego. It is onlt Batman who has a more cloth like cape. Bodies are pretty stiff on these guys. They don't bend over like the Mattel ones, but they seem to have feet that stick outwards like a duck and I think it throws the bodies off. Hard to pose them. The extra sticker Batman comes with seems useless as I can't see where it peels and could actually stick to him. I just don't get why they included it. I hope someone can post better pics soon.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 14, 2010

I'm not sure about how they compare to other FTC bodies as I never got anything from them before. I only hope the Batman 66 figures have better bodies than these do. BTW, they were shipped via fed ex, not the USPS or UPS.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Based on the descriptions, it sounds like the bodies are the same as what has been on the KISS figures since series two. Those are fairly descent and do not have the potty stance issues. But they can lean to one side unless you posture them not to. This should be a great seller for FTC. Would love to see some upclose detailed photos though. I know there are a few on the other thread, but it would be great to see these broken all the way down and photographed as pieces so we can see everything as it is. The Christmas morning shots should be timeless. I look forward to seeing those.

Comment

• mego
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 16, 2012

That's disappointing. I was hoping for a better body on these.

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

I just can't seem to pull the trigger on getting these figures

Comment

• captact
                              King of Super Queens!
                              • Aug 19, 2007

I'll wait for the Batgirl and Alfred...and all the others after that (Teen Titans, Conan, Batman TV, etc...)

Comment

• noelani72
                                27inaleon
                                • Jun 25, 2002

I'm surprised pics have been so thin and sparse... C'mon folks, bust these suckers open and show us :-)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎