X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Jetjungle75
    Just to be clear, all of the above are with regard to the BATMAN 66 line and have nothing to do with the Retro Batman (mego type line). Is that correct?
    Yes, these are all from the show.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• The Nawd
      Nawd your head for yes.
      • Feb 15, 2011

Originally posted by Meule
      To this date there's no deal yet on Craig's likeness
      Thanks so much for correcting me/filling me in. Not the first time I've been wrong about something and it likely won't be the last.

Originally posted by Jetjungle75
      Just to be clear, all of the above are with regard to the BATMAN 66 line and have nothing to do with the Retro Batman (mego type line). Is that correct?
      Yeah. That's correct. They're all from the show.

Comment

• Troy
        All Around Nice Guy
        • Jun 17, 2001

I am so excited about this!!!!!

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I hope she takes the deal. Having a 1966 Batgirl figure would be fantastic!!!!

The rest of the line just wouldn't be the same without her.
          JediJaida

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I know the Joker is of course the most popular villain, but it surprises me they didn't throw a Riddler variation in the mix as of yet.

And has there been a statement on WHICH Catwoman we will get? I hope we get all three! Heck, I'd spring for an Astin Riddler after they get through everyone else. Put a removable mask on him, and we have instant Gomez Addams customs!

SDCC exclusive: Leslie Gore as Pussycat!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

In regards to Yvonne Craig's likeness...from the 1966 Batman Message Boards:

Yes, Yvonne has been approached. Yes, she is very interested in licensing her likeness. But as of yet, they have not offered a deal that makes any sense or least fair so there is nothing currently going into production with her likeness. Until that time, any Batgirl stuff coming out is either just the costume, a non Yvonne specific illustration of Batgirl or a generic comic oriented Batgirl.

I can't talk figures at all but if you heard the offers proposed so far you'd hit your head against the desk and say you wouldn't let them do your own likeness for so little. It just doesn't make sense.

If the opportunity is missed, then it's DC/WB's fault, not hers in the end. Business is business and so far it's been pretty lame on their end.

It's not a case of her asking for what Adam or Burt are getting (for which I have no idea). It's a case of the deal itself makes no sense for the money they are offering and what they want her to sign off on in return.

Sorry, my fault for talking about the deal aspect of this. We can't discuss this any further. I just wanted you folks to know why there is no current license agreement.

Any rebuttals or inquiries about this needs to be handled via PM.

Sorry.
              Hopefully this gets resolved soon. It'd be a shame to get a Nora Clavicle or Black Widow figure before we do a Batgirl.
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, I hope this line doesn't go away before we get Batgirl like Mattel's

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Where was that mentioned on the Batforum? I was just there, and couldn't spot the thread in question.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

^ Several different posts by Scott Sebring in the "8 & 12" figures announced!" thread.
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 22, 2011

Concerning the Yvonne Craig Batgirl... here is a suggestion for Figures and Mattel. Not the best idea but better than not having Batgirl in the lines... if a deal with Yvonne can't be reached before these lines die without a TV Batgirl just do a generic version since most of her head is covered by the cowl anyway. Same concept used concerning the Lugosi situation with Universal Monsters toys. Still it would be lame if WB AND 2Oth can't reach a deal with her so we can finally have an official TV Batgirl.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

But that would be just like the World's Greatest Heroes release. And if all the other figures are likenesses of the TV show characters, it would be silly to release a generic Batgirl head for the 60s show.

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                        Concerning the Yvonne Craig Batgirl... here is a suggestion for Figures and Mattel. Not the best idea but better than not having Batgirl in the lines... if a deal with Yvonne can't be reached before these lines die without a TV Batgirl just do a generic version since most of her head is covered by the cowl anyway. Same concept used concerning the Lugosi situation with Universal Monsters toys. Still it would be lame if WB AND 2Oth can't reach a deal with her so we can finally have an official TV Batgirl.
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Timothy2251
                          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                          • Mar 15, 2008

Per the list of figures they're planning to make, it'll be awhile before they get to Batgirl anyway. Plenty of time to work out the likeness rights.
                          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

The World's Greatest costume and the TV show costume are very different. And as for plenty of time for them to work out the likeness issues... the line may not exist by the time they get that worked out. Anyway... I just threw an idea out there as to how we could have a TV Batgirl without Yvonne's likeness if it can't be worked out.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Craig's holding because it's the last big payday she has coming, and the deal is probably in perpetuum, meaning forever, so her family/estate won't be able to go back to renegotiate once she's passed and it also could have some current external controls in regards to marketing materials and how she promotes herself. From WB's end they're probably posturing as if her being in only in one season make her on par with Napier, but in truth, the show built a heck of a lot around her introduction.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

I'd put her below Napier on the Batfoodchain. He appeared in every or almost every episode. I honestly won't miss her too much in this line, the season 3 episodes were really weak for the most part.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎