Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice pics of the new Captain Action and the basic Cap America and Spidey suits.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
    Any idea if these would fit on a GI Joe 12-inch figure?

I'm considering using a blond Joe as an unmasked Steve Rogers. I know the gloves won't work, but as long as everything else fit I'd be happy.
    I just took some pics of the Captain America outfit on a Dragon body and a Playing Mantis Cap Action body. The Dragon was a bit tall for the suit and stretched it out pretty far. I like the way the PM body looked with the suit.

pics are here.
    round2 Captain America comparisons - Mego Talk

I should have some comparisons of Spidey later today. I will try to see if I have a decent modern Joe body to use for comparison shots of that one.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

picked up the Cap basic figure and the Spidey suit today at TRU. really cool. only complaint I would make is the body suits are so tight they limit the movement and posability. also the spidey hands were really hard to get onto the wrist peg. i had to actually widen the hole a bit inside the gloves to get them on. otherwise top notch stuff. i have another Cap the the Capt. America set on order and should have those in the next day or so

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Put some pics of the Spiderman suit on various hasbro Joes and a PM body up in the above comparison thread.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Got the deluxe Captain America and Spider-Man outfits I ordered today. The outfit on my Spidey is snug but not really to the point that it limits posing. Haven't had the chance to put on the Captain America suit yet. I'm going to have to pick up another Captain Action. The eyes on the Steve Rogers mask I got look fine. Doesn't have that crossed eyed look. The boots are a bit tacky feeling. They look molded in red and then sprayed with a gloss to give them a shiney leather like look.

I found the Spidey outfit no where near as challenging to put on as some have mentioned online. This was a breeze in comparison to dressing a Jem doll and only took two or three minutes. The trick to getting the gloves on, for me, was to roll up the sleeves a bit and then twist the glove while pushing it on. Then tucking the sleeves into the gloves once they've popped on. Your mileage, of course, may very. But it worked for me.

I've been very pleased so far with the new Captain Action toys. The quality is very high considering the mass market price points.
          Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 12, '12, 6:36 PM. Reason: typos
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Man, I really need to get a set of these. Glad to everyone is pleased with their purchases. Thanks for the great reviews and pics!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

New Captain Action Spidey vs my childhood Mego Spidey (which I had repainted with a sharpy).

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Went back to TRU tonight and nabbed another Captain Action. The figures are still selling down even though the store doesn't have any of the costume sets to go with it.

Just put the Captain America outfit on the CA I got tonight. Went on really easy. Even the gloves. The belt could have been a hair longer but other than that, no complaints. The Captain America mask that came with my set fits well and doesn't have a distorted or bobble head look. Makes a really sharp looking silver age Captain America.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Saw these in person today at Lexington, KY TRU. I was tempted to go ahead and pick them up, but I think I want to get the deluxe sets.

I was tempted by the Captain himself, but I kind of want to get the costumes and see what figures I have to put the uniforms on before buying one.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

i put the Captain America set on a blond haired modern Joe. fits well. I used one of the super articulated Joe bodies and just removed the hands. Cheaper than using Cpt. Action bodies at $30 a pop. plus I thought the blond Joe head was a good fit as Steve Rogers.
                    by the way, according to the Cpt Action site for these, they are the top selling collector toy at toys r us

Comment

• Boywonder0
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      i put the Captain America set on a blond haired modern Joe. fits well. I used one of the super articulated Joe bodies and just removed the hands. Cheaper than using Cpt. Action bodies at $30 a pop. plus I thought the blond Joe head was a good fit as Steve Rogers.
                      by the way, according to the Cpt Action site for these, they are the top selling collector toy at toys r us
                      Can you link me to a Super articulated Joe body? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

There's a great pic of the Thor costume on CA's Facebook page. Can't post it at the moment but maybe someone else can grab it and put it up here.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

Here's a link to the C2E2 coverage:

C2E2 Captain Action Prototype Photos The Joe Report
                          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Audiorij
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Nov 6, 2009

My wants

Good Traders

Comment

• Iron Mego
                              Wake Up Heavy
                              • Jan 31, 2010

Here's what I'm talking about.

Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

No news on Lady Action?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎