Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice pics of the new Captain Action and the basic Cap America and Spidey suits.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Agreed. DC really wants to push the new look of their characters right now, and as much as I'd love DC CA, I want silver/bronze age versions that match the Marvel ones, not Jim Lee crap.
    DC also seems to forget they had artists before Jose Luis Garcia Lopez and Jerry Ordway. Now, I love those guys, they are two of my favorite artists, but I'd like to see DC do what Marvel does and use some actual retro art on some of their classic-themed product. Aside from an occasional T-shirt, it's almost always 1982 style guide art from JLGL or new retro-type art from Ordway.

I'd like to see Curt Swan Superman art on any CA packaging; Batman and Flash by Infantino and Anderson; GL by Gil Kane; Aquaman by Nick Cardy, etc.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I can't wait until they release Iron Man based on Gene Colan's classic artwork. That will be so cool. I was a big fan of Gene's work and especially enjoyed it in Marvel's Dracula series. I can't WAIT to see what a deluxe costume set will include! I'm hoping it will have Tony's suit case with some kind of mock up of the collapsed armor inside.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

If you can't find them locally toys r us .com has the basic Captain Action figure and basic Captain America outfit in stock on their website.

Exclusive Captain Action The Original Superhero Action Figure with Comic Book - Round 2 LLC - Toys Us

Exclusive Captain Action Costume Set - Captain America - Round 2 LLC - Toys Us
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• mike binion
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 8, 2005

Their facebook just posted the Spider-man link.

Exclusive Captain Action Costume Set - Spider-Man - Round 2 LLC - Toys Us

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by captact
            Hey Ariel,..I contacted Amoktime,...they still consider me International and wont ship......How are you getting your orders if we both live in same country??? Weird!!!!
            Yo Ray! Our Toys R Us stores in the island still don't carry these. I had checked at Hatillo and Mayaguez already. Didn't check at Plaza Las Americas thou... I ended up ordering a set of the Regular figure and costumes at ToysRus.com and cancelled my pre-order at Amok Time just because Entertainment Earth had notified me about the shipment of the Deluxe figure and costumes as well. This of course reached the limit for my budget on these. Never had any problems with Amok Time and them fulfilling my orders since 1997...

Comment

• david_b
              Never had enough toys..
              • May 9, 2008

Being an old C/A guy, more so than Mego's.., I'm fighting myself on these..

I'm preferring the Legend series much more, moving away from cloth uniforms (ah, still keeping my Megos in the background, though..).

But sayin' that, if I pass now, I'll want them in 3-4yrs and pay top dollar.

Love that Spidey and really waiting to see the Iron Man set....

Oy..
              Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

picked up a couple more bodies today at Toys R Us.Have 6 total,now the wait for the rest of the costume sets (Can't wait for Thor and Iron Man)

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

^^ six basic CA sets!!! Now that is some support of the line!
                  Awesome. I can't wait to see some group shots with all the characters in outfit.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

Just picked up 2 Cap sets...One to open and one to keep boxed. The set just looks really great boxed with the Kirby art:

Two questions...Will the outfit go on the Playing Mantis figure? The gloves are gloves or are they hands?

The second question...Where are the sets with the Hawkeye Parts? Or are they comic store exclusives? Thanks.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Blue Meanie

Two questions...Will the outfit go on the Playing Mantis figure? The gloves are gloves or are they hands?

The second question...Where are the sets with the Hawkeye Parts? Or are they comic store exclusives? Thanks.
                      You have to take the hands off to put on the gloves. The gloves become the hands of the costumes. The suits and masks fit the classic Ideal and Playing Mantis Captain Action. The new gloves won't.

Only the deluxe sets come with the extra Hawkeye parts. Toys R Us only carries the basic sets. The deluxe sets are sold at stores like comic shops and online retailers like Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store, Amok Time and amazon.com.
                      Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 7, '12, 2:46 PM.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 3, 2009

if anyone can help me out with any costume sets loose or boxed ,loose would be cheaper for posting to the uk ,please lmk cheers chris

Comment

• Audiorij
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Nov 6, 2009

Saw just tha Captain Action figure himself at our toys-r-us, I really want these but dang thats an expensive set when I am still trying to finish my Mego collection. Time to start selling the basement stash.
                          My wants

Good Traders

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                            Radioactive!
                            • Feb 13, 2010

Any idea if these would fit on a GI Joe 12-inch figure?

I'm considering using a blond Joe as an unmasked Steve Rogers. I know the gloves won't work, but as long as everything else fit I'd be happy.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                              Any idea if these would fit on a GI Joe 12-inch figure?
                              The suits will probably look a little baggy but, other than that, I don't see why they wouldn't fit.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

ordered my Cpt and the Capt America set on TRU.com. can't wait to break into it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎