Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice pics of the new Captain Action and the basic Cap America and Spidey suits.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by rche
    I will probably splice a bit of extra 'sock' on to the costume so that it will not be so difficult to manipulate the toy.
    Wow, I wish I knew how to do that. A fix like that would really make the Spider-man figure kick. I didn't try pulling the hands off the PM figure because if you notice, the arms on that version are already a tad long on his body. I didn't think the gloves would help that perception problem. That and I have alot of mobility issues with that Playing Mantis figure in the arms. They only want to bend one direction at the elbow. I have trouble rotating the forearm piece.The Round 2 body is far superior. If you can fix the tightness in the crotch area of the outfit your there.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks for doing this Tom. I feel much better about this line now. I'd still like to get some more pics of the deluxe sets to see if Michael Crawford just got a badly painted Rogers mask.

I wonder if all the Spidey costumes have such tight crotch areas?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Thank you for the pics Warlock and MIB! The figure looks awesome. Sorry to hear the Spider-Man outfit you got was too tight MIB. I have seen other pics of the new CA dressed as Spidey posed in some cool classic comic poses. So maybe the tightness of the suit varies? I wonder if deluxe versus basic makes a difference?

The deluxe CA figure I pre-orded is out for delivery today! So, I should be able to add to the pics tonight.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
          Thank you for the pics Warlock and MIB! The figure looks awesome. Sorry to hear the Spider-Man outfit you got was too tight MIB. I have seen other pics of the new CA dressed as Spidey posed in some cool classic comic poses. So maybe the tightness of the suit varies? I wonder if deluxe versus basic makes a difference?

The deluxe CA figure I pre-orded is out for delivery today! So, I should be able to add to the pics tonight.
          Hey Werewolf! Be careful with his belt accessories. Take the belt off first and slide them on in the order you want. TRUST ME on that. And yeah, my thinking is I might have just got a rare tight outfit from the series. It figures, right? But please share some photos. It's a cool line even with a few minor issues. They're so cool in person. I'm really looking forward to see what Ironman looks like when that comes out.

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

I forgot to mention the boot "tackiness" issue, MIB41; I thought it might just be mine, but since yours were that way, it must be representative of the entire run. I hope they don't attract dust and debris over the long haul.

Comment

• levyguy
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 4, 2009

Thank you very much for the review and photos MIB41!

And for letting us know about sliding the accessories on the belt first.
              I have poor vision and poor dexterity with my fingers so the Spider_Man glove thing has me worried. I might just leave it in the box.

Comment

• levyguy
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 4, 2009

Thank you for the review and the photos MIB41!

And for the info about sliding on the accessories before putting them on the belt and being careful with the peg when putting on the SM gloves.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I got my deluxe Captain Action tonight but I haven't had a chance to take any pics yet. The deluxe figure comes with the set of fists, blueprint, vintage style photo box (really cool) and a scale folder with files on Dr Evil.

Like others have said, the quality is very high, the new body is super posable and the fabric on the new suit is thinner and much tighter fitting. I'm guessing it's to give the figure a more modern super hero look that shows off the new muscular build. Considering the obvious quality of the toy I, honestly, don't think it was a cost cutting feature.

The classic accessories (hat, gun and sword) do not use the previous Playing Mantis CA sculpts. They look very similar but are not exactly the same.
                  Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 5, '12, 6:36 PM.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

>>> Hope this review was helpful.<<<

Thank you Tom! Great review! I'm sooooo looking forward to these!

Comment

• Figuremod73
                      That 80's guy
                      • Jul 27, 2011

Alsome pictorial and they look amazing. Really looking forward to seeing Iron Man as well.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Had to turn off the flash on my camera. Kept getting glare off the box. I think the figure looks much nicer in person than my camera shows.

Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 5, '12, 9:10 PM.

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

Any thoughts on how the costumes might fit on one of those Dragon or Hot Toys-like figures figures?

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            Had to turn off the flash on my camera. Kept getting glare off the box. I think the figure looks much nicer in person than my camera shows.

Preserving Mego history today, making Mego history tomorrow.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/5/2/R2CA2.JPG
                            Nice shots Werewolf! I like that box. I bet I end up buying the deluxe sets too. I'm really in love with this figure right now. It just gets to that kid in me.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by madmarva
                              Any thoughts on how the costumes might fit on one of those Dragon or Hot Toys-like figures figures?
                              I'm thinking about that myself. It would be cool to get some inexpensive dragon bodies to put the spare costumes on.

Comment

• levyguy
                                Veteran Member
                                • Sep 4, 2009

Thanks for the photos werewolf!

CA looks very good standing next to the photo box!

Its hard to believe now but I remember seeing CA in Photo Box at Two Guys when I was 10 and I did not like that they changed from the illustrated box to the photo box!

I have a very nice repro of the photo box but would still like to get the one included with the deluxe CA.

I just wish they left off the Forever Fun logo on the front.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎