Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

I'm really tempted by the Green Arrow now. To me, these figures are kind of like adult Megos. I love just looking at 'em, and I think they would be a lot of fun to play with too.

Comment

• Airdave817
      Satellite Monitor Duty
      • May 31, 2007

The figures are very cool. But the only one I've been able to get is the modern-age Batman. They cost something like $70 + tax. Maybe if you get it from DCBS there's a bit of a discount...They're worth every penny, though.
      Shameless self-promotion -
      Earth-Dave
      KROC-FM
      Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
      "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• roman
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 25, 2003

I have looked at these several times. It's tempting of course but I think the price tag has been scaring me away. There's too many I like and I know If I bought Batman, I'd buy Robin and then Joker, Batgirl, Two Face.....

They are beautiful though.
        Over all I still have a preference for the 8" figures

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Geez---will you guys stop posting about these figures already!

I'm joking.

Actually, I'd prefer more posts and discussion on this figures, as I'm pretty sure
          I won't be owning any anytime soon, and I'm really into them---so I like to hear
          you all's anecdotes, want lists, stories regarding them etc.

(Man! What I wouldn't do for the CLASSIC BATMAN, ROBIN, LEX, SUPERMAN,
          AQUAMAN, BATGIRL, GL AND FLASH figures to magically show up here out of nowhere!)
          Last edited by huedell; Mar 7, '08, 3:35 PM.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

I have the Superman 2nd version, & Both the Batmans so far. For the Quality of these figures, they are far worth more than what they are charging imo. Looking forward in getting more soon.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by BlackKnight
              I have the Superman 2nd version, & Both the Batmans so far. For the Quality of these figures, they are far worth more than what they are charging imo. Looking forward in getting more soon.
              If you don't mind me asking BK---what is the SUPERMAN that I'd like better
              if I was looking for a better match for the CLASSIC version of BATMAN
              (the one that looks SILVER/BRONZE AGE)----and which era does yours (the
              2nd version) represent and do you like it better than the 1st version
              (whichever era THAT one represents)?
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

The 2nd one's Cheaper Hue.
                Ok, the 1st one Comes with a switch-O Kent suit. The 2nd one has a Different Head Sculpt than the 1st. I think the Super Suits are the Same. But not really sure,.. I don't own the 1st. I missed out on the 1st,.. & By the time I even knew he was out there, the Price for him Skyrocketed,.. Similar to the Green Lantern figure. So,.. I bought the 2nd one.. Got him for like 55 bucks too. There are some good deals to be had with these,.. if your not in a Hurry.

BTW,.. the Blue & Grey Batman is the best.
                Last edited by BlackKnight; Mar 7, '08, 4:15 PM.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                  The 2nd one's Cheaper Hue.
                  Ok, the 1st one Comes with a switch-O Kent suit. The 2nd one has a Different Head Sculpt than the 1st. I think the Super Suits are the Same. But not really sure,.. I don't own the 1st. I missed out on the 1st,.. & By the time I even knew he was out there, the Price for him Skyrocketed,.. Similar to the Green Lantern figure. So,.. I bought the 2nd one.. Got him for like 55 bucks too. There are some good deals to be had with these,.. if your not in a Hurry.
                  I'm not in a hurry. Also, I don't need a Clark Kent suit either---so I guess I'm
                  okay if the Supes suit and headsculpt is basically the same. From what
                  I've seen of Supes pix the headsculpt and suit is pretty classic looking and
                  could span the eras for display continuity with the Silver/Bronze Age figures.

BTW,.. the Blue & Grey Batman is the best.
                  You kiddin'? You bet!

Between that figure and the new classic ROBIN and GREEN ARROW
                  13 inch figure---I believe that these are the BEST superhero figures ever
                  made----and I don't need much more than photos to tell me that!

Nobody seems to raving over the LEX LUTHOR though---to me it looks
                  just as good---like brilliant...

And nothing against those other 13 inch figures---but really---while they
                  may be even "9"s outta "10"------------CLASSIC BATS. ROBIN, GA and
                  LEX seem to be virtually 10s

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

Here's me Superman

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

^^^^^^^^^^Hey I like that one better than the other one I saw.

Yours looks a bit younger---and his "S" emblem is smaller.

That's the one I would like.

Thanks for showing him BK!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

The newer one above, called "Classic" looks more Super Powers/Garcia Lopez art to me. My only complaint is every one I've seen has a really low "S" shield.

The original with the Clark clothes looks somewhat Alex Ross-inspired.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                          MeGoing
                          • May 14, 2003

BK, your Supes looks like he is bursting to break out of that box Actually, they are a bit of a pain to remove from the boxes, but gee they feel great in your hands.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ I am currently fighting the Urge to open him.
                            Me & my son Opened one of the Blue Grey Batmans. It was his Present from Santa this past X-mas. They are real neat to open & play with. They have a extra Joint in the torso, for more poseability. Like the new WWE figures. Batmans Rope Gun is Fantastic as well.... It's a real pain to put the rope back in the gun.

Comment

• domino
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 16, 2007

I hate these figures. Well, not really. I hate the fact that I like them so much and cant afford to collect them all. I recently got my first one, Power Girl and they are some of the nicest figures I have seen. I just cant afford the $59.99 and up prices for them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Not surprisingly, DCD is doing Batman and The Joker from The Dark Knight movie in this series. MTV has the first look:
                                Batman 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figure (available July 2, 2008) | MTV Photo Gallery

The Batman actually looks like Bale. I thought the previous Batman Begins figure looked too generic and a bit pinheaded, so I passed. This one I may have to go for. The Joker looks a little generic, only kinda like Ledger, but still a nice looking figure.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎