Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I've been sorely tempted by this line especially figures like Batgirl, Lex Luthor and this Robin but something holds me back. I can't put my finger on it but I'm not exactly worried about it because of their cost.

Should I ever find any on clearance well I'll probably bring home a bunch, like I did with my sideshow ape collection.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Needless to say, I'm chomping at the bit for the Robin. I have all the other non-movie ones so far, with Batman and Batgirl on their way. I REALLY love this line, and the quality is worth the money to me.

Now that I have all the WGSH (barring the Alter Egos), I REALLY want that 9 1/2 Robin.

Welcome aboard Boywonder0!
      Thanks for the warm welcome. The experience has been great so far. I tought I knew about Megos but as I keep reading posts from you guys, then I realize I know nothing...

Boy

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
        Welcome Aboard BoyWonder0 if you look at some of the older threads you will see that we have spoken about the 13 inch figures and many of us do collect them. I personally love them and have a few of them....That said they are a bit on the expensive side not as expensive as Medicom or Hot toys but when you pop them out back to back it does get expensive.

This Line is really cool but compared to Megos....Megos still have this line beat.Megos were not expensive and it was a toy you could really have fun with.The 8 inch size is ideal not too big not too small. The 13 figures are really meant for show. I don't see too many parents buying their nine year olds a expensive action figures to play with.

Also Mego did both Marvel and DC which made it Unique.Plus there is Nostalgia attached with Mego....Many of the Guys can tell you when and where they were the very first time they received their first Mego. I doubt there will be a nostalgia for these figures.

I'm also waiting for DC Direct to eventually drop the ball and Cancel the line....3 Batman figures 3 Superman figures....0 Wonder Woman so far.0 Supergirl.......
        Man, words of wisdom here. There is NOTHING like Megos... I own all Mego 8 inch and 12 inch hero figures pertaining to the DC Universe. Plus the 9.5 inch Foreign Robin. I'm still missing the 7 inch Teen Titans. Mego never made the Green Lantern or The Flash. The DC Direct Deluxe Collector line is filling up many gaps Mego left. I doubt the DC heroes made by Mego will ever be re-issued (at the same time I wish I would be wrong). Until then, I'll be hunting all DCD 13 inchers so it won't happened to me with them what happened to me Megos...

Boy

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

LOVE the "Batman Begins" Batman...just can't afford it.
          sigpic

Comment

• Overkill
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 19, 2007

Originally posted by Boywonder0
            Yeap! Thanks for the pic! I have not been able to pre order him yet, but I will. Robin is the only Non Mego-Like figure I collect from DC Direct. You did figure it out wisely. Robin is my all time favorite hero. He earned the stripes from me while leading the Classic Teen Titans. I have all Robin figures so far and consider the DCD Silver Age Robin (that came with Batman in a boxed set) the very best. IMO the NTT Robin figure is a smaller non Mego Like tribute the 13 inch figure.

Regarding the mask eye holes, no big deal. It will be great if DC Direct provides two masks, one with, and the other without; just like you said for Nightwing. But if they don't, I can always figure out to clog and paint the eye holes on the one figure I do remove from the box. Thank you dude! Keep me posted on anything Robin...

Boy
            No problem. The only DC Direct figures I collect are any Titans ones (New Teen Titans, Silver Age Sidekicks etc.) And I will agree with you on the Silver Age Robin. It's a pretty spiffy looking figure. He's included in my original TT Mego/Slurpee/Action Figure display.

And as for the eye hole dilemma for the 13 inch figure, seems like you've got it figured out. Like you said, it shouldn't be a problem to fix at all.

Also, I noticed that you're a fan of the 9.5 inch Robin Mego. Awesome choice! That one is my favorite Mego ever! I recently acquired one. I just love the head sculpt!

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Overkill
              Also, I noticed that you're a fan of the 9.5 inch Robin Mego. Awesome choice! That one is my favorite Mego ever! I recently acquired one. I just love the head sculpt!
              Great head sculpt for his times... He is the jewel crown of my collection. He is endangered only by the upcoming DC Direct 1:6 scale Robin. Well, we all know the cost of a MIB 9.5 inch Mego Robin vs that of a MIB DC Direct 1:6 scale Robin. No contest! Mego wins this one too!

Boy

Comment

• Overkill
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 19, 2007

Great head sculpt for his times... He is the jewel crown of my collection. He is endangered only by the upcoming DC Direct 1:6 scale Robin. Well, we all know the cost of a MIB 9.5 inch Mego Robin vs that of a MIB DC Direct 1:6 scale Robin. No contest! Mego wins this one too!

Boy
                He's the winner of my collection as well! Even over Titans. :P And you're right, no matter what modern figure comes up (as awesome as it may be) Megos stand the test of time for sure!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Man, I REALLY need to get that 9.5" Robin. You guys are making it tough!

I was so good for so long, resisting the other figure formats unless I got a super-sweet deal on them. Now I can see myself jumping whole hog.

As far as eye holes, the DCD Teen Wonder Robins are obviously heavily influenced by Perez, and since he chose to draw Dick with his eyes-a-showin' it makes sense.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    Man, I REALLY need to get that 9.5" Robin. You guys are making it tough!

I was so good for so long, resisting the other figure formats unless I got a super-sweet deal on them. Now I can see myself jumping whole hog.
                    Chris
                    Right now there is only one of these showing at eBay and it is extremely overpriced...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robin-9-1-2-Mego...sid=p1638.m118

Comment

• Overkill
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 19, 2007

Right now there is only one of these showing at eBay and it is extremely overpriced...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robin-9-1-2-Mego...sid=p1638.m118
                      Yes, that one does cost a bit of mulah. Even as awesome as it is!

Chris- If you're looking for one on ebay, it seems as though the going price for one is around $100. The last two I saw went for about that. I got lucky and was able to purchase one from a member here for $70. So I'd say that if you want one, it'll fall roughly between $70-$100.To me, it was definitely worth the money.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                        Formerly known as Del
                        • Dec 12, 2004

As far as Wonder Woman and Supergirl, DC Direct will put those out once they've made a decision on rooted vs sculpted hair.
                        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Eric
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jan 11, 2008

I've been selective about this line, mostly due to the price, sticking to the Batman and Superman-related figures. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Robin, Joker and Bizarro Superman, although I think Robin should be about an inch shorter than Batman. (For those familiar with the Captain Action line, they made Action Boy -- later reissued as Kid Action -- a bit TOO small for the Captain. He's practically Mego-like!)

Comment

• fumetti
                            • Feb 12, 2008

The Mego line was, in many ways, about the LINE. It wasn't just about getting that one figure, but about being able to buy a whole team of superheroes, or Enterprise crew, or heroes of Sherwood Forest.

The 13" line is more about buying that ONE superb Flash or Superman figure...a showpiece for your character-centered collection. I have the Flash and Green Lantern, and am glad I didn't let the price stop me. They are the most treasured superhero figures I have.

But I agree that they are so precious that they discourage frequent handling. The Flash's wingtips can break off easily, and I'd imagine Green Lantern's mask would start falling off on its own if I handled it much.

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

the hal jordan green lanten is awesome, i'm still lookin for one myself!!

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah, I have the 13 inch deluxe Flash fgure, which I just LOVE. I'm with alot of other collectors here regarding the next Robin due out this Summer. I'll get him and then decide which Batman to go with. I'm hoping they might develop a deluxe Nova figure. I would do flips if they accomplish that.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎