Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turnbolt
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 26, 2008

Was lucky enough to pick up Scarah and Hoodoo. The fight for these at the con was vicious.

Also, here are our updated collection photos. Still need a bunch of the new stuff. Ugh.

I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• Harbingerboy
      Career Member
      • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by rche
      That is pretty funny. The first "custom" MH character my daughter made up was Denae Demon (Dee nah)
      She is the daughter of a devil and she likes to jump rope with her tail.
      That is really cute!

Congrats on getting Scarah and Hoodude, turnbolt, they look great!

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by turnbolt
        Was lucky enough to pick up Scarah and Hoodoo. The fight for these at the con was vicious.

I'll bet. After seeing the way buyers and scalpers leave the shelves at the local stores we visit, I can't imagine a calm civil lineup for these at the con. Pretty much a license to print money for hot items like this at SDCC.

Comment

• turnbolt
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 26, 2008

Totally. They were sold out each day within 15 minutes of the con opening.
          I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by turnbolt
            Was lucky enough to pick up Scarah and Hoodoo.
            Congrats! They look very cool.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• katiedoodle29
              • Jul 9, 2012

Congrats! They look amazing!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

Walmart today had a shipment of new dolls including Venus McFlytrap, Robecca Steam, & Rochelle Goyle.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Anybody got a Holt for sale ..., for a sorta reasonable Price ? .... preferably loose /complete.
                  Scored a Gill for about 45 ...., in a lot the other day.
                  Last edited by BlackKnight; Jul 22, '12, 1:12 PM.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Saw the Bratzillaz at TRU this weekend. Sort of a mix of Harry Potter and MH. Didn't look all that great in person. Not up to MH quality. Finally saw Spinmasters new Ladeeda dolls too. Sort of giving me a bit of a Blythe vibe with their huge eyes. Quality looked nice but they don't really appeal to me.
                    Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 23, '12, 11:50 AM. Reason: typos
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Bratzillas looks to be one of the more shameless rip-offs in quite some time. Reminds me of the old Transformers/Go-Bots thing, or all the MOTU knock-offs.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 18, 2007

I hear Scarah & Hoodude just sold out at the 12 minute mark on Matty? Surprised they lasted that long if true, can't tell for sure as I'm getting the WSOD atm, but somehow managed to complete my order at 9:05am. Wasn't easy, but I'm glad I got em!!

Edit: I also noticed Scarah went from a max of 6 to a max of 2, which is nice...I got my 2 and got the hell out, didn't even try for anything else lol
                        Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jul 23, '12, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I had one in the cart right at 12, then got the dreaded refresh page. 15 minutes later when I tried to check out, I was told she was sold out.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

I just had a terrible Mattyland experience. I logged in a couple of minutes before sale time, sat thru the white page for about 3 minutes, and then was able to put in my order. BUT, that dratted white page just hung there forever when I hit the complete order button. Then when I finally got to the checkout page, it took me several shots to make sure the credit card security number, checkbox check, and scrambled word thing were all correct at the same time.

End result - sorry sir, Ms Sarah Screams is sold out.

I knew this was a possibility for the end result, but it is still a bit disappointing. Gonna have a sad little girl, but I think we will just make our own ragdoll Hoodu as I can't see shelling out a Franklin to the scalpers.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

I'm done with worrying about these exclusives. I missed Jem, Derpy and now Scarah. Not worth the hassle.

Comment

• Jerry68
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 12, 2008

I had almost the same expierience, I called them and told them they are the worst company to deal with. They don't care, but I felt better. My girl will be sad also, hopefully they release a normal retail version.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎