X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harbingerboy
    Career Member
    • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by turnbolt
    Nice finds. Been looking for that Ghoulia with scooter everywhere!! Jealous.
    The exclusive version was in stock briefly on TRU.com earlier this week, along with the exclusive version Powder Room and the Ghouls Rule asst. which have been popping in and out of stock with the Werecat Sisters, def keep checking online.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
      I'm sure they'll look great in the gym and halls of the Monster High playset, out now in areas other than my own.

I dig your Vampire girl with the glasses reminds me of Gory Fangtell from the MH Fright On TV special.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I can't believe there are Monster High dolls at Love's. I guess maybe even truckers like these.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
          Career Member
          • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
          I dig your Vampire girl with the glasses reminds me of Gory Fangtell from the MH Fright On TV special.
          I guess she's kind of a blend of a few Fright On backgrounders. I expected Mattel to produce a Gory Fangtell and Bram Devein after Fright On, given the trademarks, but they haven't been too inclusive of other one-offs (Valentine, Andy, etc.) from the specials.

Originally posted by jwyblejr
          I can't believe there are Monster High dolls at Love's. I guess maybe even truckers like these.
          I was thinking about the market for these yesterday, and how anytime I see something new in the wild I have to buy it because I most definitely will not see it again. I've done pretty well assembling my collection, but it's certainly taken an effort and commitment to searching. I was thinking how other collectors have tried to do the same, how many new/monster/action-figure fans have come on board in the last year, and how hot this line is for the early bird scalpers...I can't imagine how kids find these dolls. No wonder parents are paying outrageous prices on the secondary market. That's all the little girls need now, truckers buying up all their Abbeys and Clawdeens.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

I don't think parents are paying outrageous prices on the secondary market. I think it is adult collectors. Parents will make due and figure out a way to get something for the kid.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

I sense a lot of people are going to be buying that scooter so they can use it for Megos.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

I saw the Scooter at ToysRus ..., But passed...., for now.
                  We got the WereCat Sisters instead ..., which we didn't have.

Anyone Here actually got Gil sitting at home ?
                  Is Mattel gonna address the Short Pack Male Nonsense ?
                  These all seem to be impossible Grabs, if your Not a Scalper.

Monster High Fashion Packs are Marked down a few Bucks at Target too.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by BlackKnight

Anyone Here actually got Gil sitting at home ?
                    Is Mattel gonna address the Short Pack Male Nonsense ?
                    These all seem to be impossible Grabs, if your Not a Scalper.
                    I don't really mind the short pack on the boys - it is a girls line after all. But I am not fond of the NO pack. The Skull Shores assortment hit with my local grocer and I saw several cases of these come right out of the box and none of them had a Gil. My guess would be that he is not included in the revised case assortment that is coming out now. Same thing happened with the Clawd figure in the 1600 packs that my grocer got.

We went all over the place looking for a starter pack for the create a monster boys. Saw plenty of the witch/cat and the others with two bodies, but only ever found ONE of the boy packs.

Mattel does need to figure out that whatever math they are using for the guy/gal ratio is not really working for this line. I am not planning on spending $80 on one kid doll, and I am not getting up at 6 in the morning to hit all the stores on delivery day either. If things get too difficult to get a hold of, people lose interest and stop buying; then the line ultimately suffers or goes away. I felt the same way when Hasbro was putting out different colored cardbacks and stickers for the POTF2 line.
                    So, hopefully, Mattel will release more of the dude characters or more variations of them. There's plenty of Kens out there; where's Gil?

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Gil was included in the original Skull Shores assortment. Picked mine up at Kmart around last Christmas.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 18, 2007

I had no trouble finding Gil initially, but noticed he disappeared with the later revision cases. I NEVER saw a single Sweet 1600 Clawd and only saw DotD Deuce once. I made sure to pick up Jackson as soon as I saw him. Though I've seen him several times since, I know he'll be unreasonably expensive on the secondary market by Fall as he isn't scheduled to ship again.
                        Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jul 7, '12, 7:14 PM.

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          Gil was included in the original Skull Shores assortment. Picked mine up at Kmart around last Christmas.
                          I know he was in the original case assortment at one per. Just not in the latest cases.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by rche
                            I don't really mind the short pack on the boys - it is a girls line after all. But I am not fond of the NO pack. The Skull Shores assortment hit with my local grocer and I saw several cases of these come right out of the box and none of them had a Gil. My guess would be that he is not included in the revised case assortment that is coming out now. Same thing happened with the Clawd figure in the 1600 packs that my grocer got.
                            This is good info Rche ...
                            I don't follow Toylines like this ..., probably have never seen a case of anything Ever Opened either. I didn't know that about the "NO" Males at all. I guess that would explain why I've never seen them.

Mattel does need to figure out that whatever math they are using for the guy/gal ratio is not really working for this line.There's plenty of Kens out there; where's Gil?

... Which is also Mattel's other line ...., Thats what I am saying. I can't find males here, anywhere's ever. And I've been finding stuff ..., or atleast stuff I've never found Before.
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• turnbolt
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 26, 2008

Robecca Steam, Venus McFlytrap and the Skull Shores new 5 pack are hitting now. Be on the lookout.
                              I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by turnbolt
                                Robecca Steam, Venus McFlytrap and the Skull Shores new 5 pack are hitting now. Be on the lookout.
                                Indeed they are!

I missed Venus, and all of my Targets are full of Gloom Beach packs still, but I did find Robecca today, the Cupid reissue and a 4 high school playsets that were just put out. Alas, I only bought one. I'm trying to scale back spatially for each of my collections and this Monster High flood of merch has been putting a hurt on the wallet anyway. We'll see how long I can stick to that.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎