Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

The way this line is distributed in my area, it wouldn't do any good to have a retail version. I would never see it on the shelves and would have to hit ebay anyway.

Comment

• actionplus
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 15, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I had one in the cart right at 12, then got the dreaded refresh page. 15 minutes later when I tried to check out, I was told she was sold out.

Chris
      The exact same thing happened to me. I tried 3 different times to get help from Matty Collector, to no avail. The whole time I have an 8 year old little girl in tears next to me. Screw Matty collector, I am done with that crap. They have officially taken the fun out of collecting.

Comment

• Anarchy
        Career Member
        • May 26, 2009

same thing here as well, really wanted one for my wife :( (katiedoodle29) who now posts on here, had it in cart then the white screen of death, then sold out
        Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Anarchy
          same thing here as well, really wanted one for my wife :( (katiedoodle29) who now posts on here, had it in cart then the white screen of death, then sold out
          I was at work..., but my Old Lady got screwed too. 6 is far too much to allow.
          ... You got any others for sale There Turbo ? .... LMK.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Anarchy
            Career Member
            • May 26, 2009

yea me and katie were talking about that today, 6 is definetely to much to allow, dont have anything right now man but I run into them all the time, who do you need?? A couple weeks back I walked into a walmart that had just stocked a case of cupids.
            Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

Matty did 6 for the original sale. This time around was only 2 per customer.
              Still the same result, tho. I am sure there were folks with multiple accounts and computers logged on and waiting.

I think I'm gonna have to write Mattel a letter and thank them for saving me $35 bucks.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

I saw the 6 limit before the sale ..., they must have switched it to 2 then ?
                I don't understand the Allure Matty likes to give off, They are pretty sick and twisted to allow Scalping practices, and aid in them with the Nonsense they create with the 2ndary Market. MTU was the worse ....., but they loose so much buisness imo , then they could actually have, if they let stuff become more avalible , rather than let that cash wind up in someone else's pocket, ... but yet they so claim they don't condone 2ndary market sales ? Yeah ... ****ing right.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Anarchy
                  yea me and katie were talking about that today, 6 is definetely to much to allow, dont have anything right now man but I run into them all the time, who do you need?? A couple weeks back I walked into a walmart that had just stocked a case of cupids.
                  I just got Cupid for cost ...
                  Right now ..., the 2 New 1's.
                  Abbey, as far as what might be instores...

missing Holt, Jackson & 1st Appearances of Frankie, and Cleo with the Pet.
                  The Mystical and Nocturnal sets too.
                  Last edited by BlackKnight; Jul 25, '12, 8:02 PM.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

I think Matty tries to ride the line between small batch production figures and big box retail with varying levels of success.
                    But you are correct that they are robbing themselves of great sales potential and not just with this line.
                    My gut assumption would be that Babs carries a lot of weight and has also developed certain distribution, sales, and marketing practices in the company. And they aren't able to adapt those to other products that might work a tad differently. RA is a good example of this. Someone in the company was happy with them and they were available (oddly available, but still...) and then someone high up decided they didn't care for the line and they were gone. I am sure that is an over-simplification, but pretty much the way the layperson sees it.

The MH line is off the charts in terms of popularity. I am wondering if Mattel is trying to not let it get the best of Babs, or if they just don't really know how to market and handle the beast they have created. I don't spend time on Barbie boards or follow what goes on in the Silver and Gold label collecting world with Babs, but I can't believe that it is as difficult to get that product as it is to get these MH figures. Maybe it is just the price point and tiered selling platform that they have for their main fashion line. I dunno. But it does seem like you can just walk into a store and pick up just about any member of the Babs family without tearing your hair out. Matty marketers are not much help with the boutique angle, either.

Again, oh well for the Sarah and Hoodude. Sarah herself was not much to scream about and the other figure is pretty much a ragdoll. We are good at making that sort of stuff ourselves. I just wish we could find some of the product without having to jump through hoops and hit stores on a weekly basis. I am looking forward to more of their build 'em yourself options and pretty much walking away from the blink and they are gone exclusives.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

If Mattel doesn't watch it they'll have another Playmates Star Trek debacle on their hands. Anyone remember the 1701 figures? Totally torpedoed that whole line.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• nobody
                        banjo!
                        • Jan 26, 2012

If Mattel doesn't watch it they'll have another Playmates Star Trek debacle on their hands. Anyone remember the 1701 figures? Totally torpedoed that whole line.

Chris
                        I had all the star trek figures till they pulled that stunt. Left a bad taste in my mouth and I just stopped.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Exactly. Cindy had been buying the first appearance of every new character. Now she'll never own Scarah Screams, so why bother? She's thinking of selling the dolls she doesn't care much for.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Now she'll never own Scarah Screams, so why bother? She's thinking of selling the dolls she doesn't care much for.
                            Even though we missed out on the convention Scarah there's bound to be several different versions of her for retail. Mattel always releases multiple versions of the MH characters. Obviously not the same has having the convention figure but at least people's collection won't be missing a character.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

werewolf - that works from a kid's or loose display point of view (well, sort of). But for the adult collector, that is sort of like missing out on the 1st ed. hardback.
                              Of course, with that analogy - Mattel is limiting the printing and distribution of their books so that only the secondhand dealers are getting them. Crazy policy.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

I have never understood the "feed the scalpers" mentality. The line is hot already. Why alienate the fanbase?

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎