• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by BlackKnight
    Riche ...,
    I dunno that Size bit for the Thighs ...
    It doesn't say on the Bit, it's just 1 I use for my resin stuff ...
    I pilot drilled about 3 sizes till I had most of that other pin outta there..., then used my dremel to clean it up. Once you remove that other pin completely, and I believe you have to do it completely ..., then the create a Monster pin will just slide into place , you shouldn't have to make the hole bigger, if that makes sense.
    Crystal clear

I guess I should just try and find that Dragon/Wolf set .... This line is always just a complete Pain in the Arse to find here.
    That is the main reason I wanted to figure out how to mod these. I can find the three extra add-on kits, but cannot locate a deluxe starter kit.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
      Mighty Man/Monster Maker
      • Aug 14, 2007

I dig the toys (my daughter LOVES them), but I NEVER, EVER see anything in the stores.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
      https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

So today we are out & about, hitting some of the thrift stores late in the day, and at Goodwill I find this on the shelf:

Box was a little scrunched but the figure was ok. It had the Target salvage stickers on the back, and yes, I paid $6.99 + tax for it! First Toralai I saw ever, & my daughter was thrilled to have her!

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

awesome find!!

I had asked earlier if anyone had seen these in thrift or secondhand stores yet, but I was thinking loose.

A happy new year to you, sir!!

Comment

• Harbingerboy
            Career Member
            • Jun 18, 2007

Spotted Cleo's Vanity today. Stores got completely wiped out of MH dolls & playsets over the holidays, most MH shelves here are empty. When something new comes in, it sure doesn't stick around for long.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

CGI animated Monster High special coming to Nick Feb 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnsjqECRsNI
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

Saw Cleopatra's Make-up Station at TRU Today .
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Found Gil at Kmart today. First time I've seen him at retail.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Jerry68
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 12, 2008

I got my Daughter all the create a monster starter sets and add on kits. Got the car. Got Gil, but can't seem to find Tora lee. They have new outfits out for Spectra, Cleo, Frankie and Tora Lee.
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 15, 2010

Before I submit to your punishment, hear me out:

My wife loves this line and she started collecting it since day ONE. In the past four months, it has gotten harder and harder to find the new characters at retail. Spectra was a snap, but Abbey was tough. Toralei was found for $20 through Amazon, and now everything has just dried up. For the past two weeks, I've been hitting at least two WalMart stores a day, with a Target or K-mart on the side. Nothing.

Tonight, we're in our local Wally, and there are a bunch of TWILIGHT rejects tearing through the Skull Shores remnants. After they leave, my wife looks at me and says, "we're never gonna find Nefera or Operetta, much less Cupid."

So when we got home, I paid a dirty rotten piece of flipper scum $200 to make my wife happy. We way I look at it, I'll be saving that much in gas in the long run.
                      sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

I hear you professor

I have been on the lookout for a few of these for my daughter, but they just are not stocking them. I saw the Abby, Spectre, Gil, and Toreilai on the shelves in various places before xmas, but did not want to put funds into kid toys when we had other obligations. Now the MH sections are all but decimated. Even the build a monster kits are getting scarce and they were everywhere 2 weeks ago.

Either there are some serious scalpers out there, or Mattel has massively underestimated the popularity of this line.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 15, 2010

The problem is Monster High is "hot," so now we've got kids, collectors, hipsters, and flipper scum all after the same short-packed figures. Fortunately the kids are supporting this line beyond the "chase" figures, so there are few if any peg warmers lately. Of course, Mattel is their own worst enemy, and they seem to never address production/distribution issues, so before everyone that wants an original Abbey or Toralei gets one, BLAMMO, Sweet 1600 shows up
                          sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

For Everyone who Got into Customizing these ...
                            The Liv Dolls Custom Hair, Does fit with these heads too.
                            Just throwing it out there ..., I bought 1 of em for my Skeleton Chick.

Thinking about the Name Skelenia .
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Thought I'd post a pic of Cindy's Monster High collection thus far:

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Thought I'd post a pic of Cindy's Monster High collection thus far:
                                Very nice collection!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎