Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

As I said in the Mego room, I pre-ordered a set, they look great. I’m excited about other Hasbro possibilities (maybe?), first G.I. Joe gets the Mego touch (not that I was really excited then, I’m not a Joe fan and I thought it was kind of a one off), then the Ghostbusters, could there be more Hasbro properties to come!?

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
      These were the very first heads I painted for Mego last Spring. Its been a great ride. I'm so happy and relieved to see these finally go public. Excellent set and the price is a tremendous value. If you're a GB fan, I would get these while they're available.
      wow! They look great. And it must be a big relief to be able to say something about these sculpts after almost a year. I look forward to seeing more of your fine paintwork.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

there is an article up about them on Superhero Hype. that's pretty cool and extra PR never hurts to get the word out

https://www.superherohype.com/geek-c...tment#/slide/1

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by rche
          wow! They look great. And it must be a big relief to be able to say something about these sculpts after almost a year. I look forward to seeing more of your fine paintwork.
          Thanks so much. Yes! The Ghostbusters property was so cool to do, but I only knew what it looked like from the neck up. So it was cool to see the final result with everything brought together. I also painted the other Hasbro exclusive with the Mego Joes. The Walmart boxed exclusives (Invisible man, Mole men, Nun, Toxie, Killer Klowns) are my paints. What you're also seeing in some of the other recent releases, like Pennywise, new Chucky & Chucky's Bride, Superman, Geordi, Hammer Frankenstein monster, and the B&W Creature are my paints. I did quite a few of the Topps figures coming out as well - Brent, Mutant leader, Worf, Borg Queen, Ra's Al Ghul, Sisko, Quark, Kor, Hammer Phantom of the opera, Hammer Zombie, Shazam and Black Adam. Lots more coming. I've barely left my house this weekend. Its been busy! But a labor of love...
          Last edited by MIB41; Feb 5, '22, 8:26 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            there is an article up about them on Superhero Hype. that's pretty cool and extra PR never hurts to get the word out

https://www.superherohype.com/geek-c...tment#/slide/1
            Very cool! These were featured in Gizmodo's "Week's Best Toys" article too.

Welcome back to Toy Aisle, io9's regular round up of the latest and greatest in all things merch. This week, Lego dusts off its spring line up with Star Wars, Marvel, cool cars, and... Elvis Presley? Meanwhile The Boys heads to the Figma lineup.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Congrats MIB41 on the great looking Ghostbusters heads and getting to do great work for Mego. Geordi is outstanding too!

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

Cool to learn more about your relationship with Mego, Tom. Congrats indeed! Can't wait to see how your work translated on the new Apes characters.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎