Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Corp Live Special Announcement

• thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

interesting. good price for 4 figures. Not too happy about rotomolding heads biting the dust.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Nice set. Is the carrot being dangled for Marvel and Star Wars Megos through Hasbro?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Look very nice. Always held out hope for these guys. Price is actually good for a 4 pack.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, I think the price and packaging is a plus.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

WAY better detail on injection molded heads and hopefully less warping.

Check out the heads in the zombie kits from EMCE. All injection molded and they looked fantastic!
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                  WAY better detail on injection molded heads and hopefully less warping.

Check out the heads in the zombie kits from EMCE. All injection molded and they looked fantastic!
                  After many years of using resin heads for customs, I think I have come around on this issue. I know this is blasphemy to some... but honestly, if you get better details and it minimizes the warping and head size issues, I think Mego should do this for all of their heads.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Goblin19
                    Price is actually good for a 4 pack.
                    Among the four, you can reuse the body, the outfit, the accessories... which I assume is part of what kept the cost down vs. something like the GI Joe two-pack, which were two distinct figures loaded with a bunch of accessories that all required separate tooling to be created. But still, most companies would have sold these as exclusives for $99 rather than passing those savings along. So kudos for that.

Actually, speaking of the GI Joe figures... do we know if the Ghostbuster crew will be on the new, more articulated body?

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

These were the very first heads I painted for Mego last Spring. Its been a great ride. I'm so happy and relieved to see these finally go public. Excellent set and the price is a tremendous value. If you're a GB fan, I would get these while they're available.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

They will be on new bodies, and I suppose that's another reason for plastic heads.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Clothing looks a bit bulky overall which is a shame but they look nice overall the price is MUCH better than some of the other efforts.

I didn't watch the live stream but are all figures going to plastic heads moving forward?

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 23, 2019

I just tried to preorder but it looks like Canada has, no pun intended, been left out in the cold again. It says not available to ship to Canada. This sucks because that would have been an instant purchase.
                            "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              interesting. good price for 4 figures. Not too happy about rotomolding heads biting the dust.
                              Agree on both counts. I have lamented the loss of the neck plug in the newer figures. And now, with the intention of moving to bandless bodies and solid heads, this moves even further away from the original design aesthetic for me. I do applaud MEGO for moving forward with their line and wanting to improve on the product. I do wonder, tho, if some years down the line there might be some roto molded portraits on rubber band bodies in the lines of how Hasbro (and others) have revived the 5 point figure design for retro items they are offering now.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎