Topps Mego Monday Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apenutncc1701
    replied
    Not only is it hard to order these figures in such a short amount of time if you are watching your budget like me, but just think how much they will be on ebay after they are released!

Leave a comment:

• TrekStar
    replied
    Taylor looks good and now Cornelius has Zira as it should be, a nice daily double Monday.

Leave a comment:

• phil
    replied
    Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    I'm sure it's fabric. That way they can repurpose the sculpt.
    I didn’t think of that but it seems reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    Originally posted by phil
    I had a strange feeling Zira would be this week.

Does anyone know if Taylor’s collar is part of the headsculpt or just a piece of fabric?
    I'm sure it's fabric. That way they can repurpose the sculpt.

Leave a comment:

• phil
    replied
    I had a strange feeling Zira would be this week.

Does anyone know if Taylor’s collar is part of the headsculpt or just a piece of fabric?

Leave a comment:

• nubee
    replied
    I am glad I am not a POTA fan. Like TRDouble stated, "Whew." I could save myself some $$$. I already ordered 2 Captain Marvel, Black Adam and Kor. A space suit Taylor should be mass released. Give our Canadian and out of country collectors an opportunity to score Taylor. Mego and Topps really need to do something about the shipping so out fellow collectors don't get price gouged.
    Last edited by nubee; Aug 30, '21, 2:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mego-Amigo
    replied
    The Taylor figure looks awesome. Love the head sculpt and the rifle. Glad to see Zira reissued too. Man... if the last three weeks is any indication of what's to come my wallet is in trouble. I've ordered them all so far. Really hope to see Nova and Aldo soon.

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgiabuff
    replied
    i would really like the Taylor, but don't care about adding yet another Zira, if we knew she would be on the new body i might consider it. plus it's getting too pricey to order these every week. i would imagine most of them will arrive from china at the same time, so Topps should bundle the shipping

Leave a comment:

• ODBJBG
    replied
    Neat Taylor. I do wish they had something better to show than a rough head sculpt. It comes off kinda shoddy even if it's the best they can do. Looks like a custom and I'm sure some people won't order it based on that.

I don't know what the solution is for that since they probably don't have digital renders.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sprytel
    Do you think we will see a mass-market release of Taylor (perhaps in his spacesuit)? This seems a highly-sought after character to make an exclusive...
    I don't have any special insight but a space suit Taylor seems like a logical figure to be sold in the mass retailers.

Leave a comment:

• TheVintageToyKid
    replied
    I agree... to make Taylor an exclusive is an insult to all Mego Apes collectors who have waited more than 40 years for him. It's one thing to order figures online, but it's quite another when the window to make such purchases is so small, and then made even smaller because of the ridiculously overpriced shipping charges Topps has for international orders.

Just like the TMP Spock Mego from last week, here is another figure I have waited decades for only to see it appear and disappear with no means of adding it to my collection now or likely ever. Thanks a lot Topps and Mego.

I think the primary focus should be on getting more Mego figures to retail and to make them more readily available like they were in the past. It's embarrassing to walk into pretty much any and every store imaginable and see a million-and-a-half Funko Pop "figures" but never one Mego. With the brands and licenses Mego has at its fingertips, they too could be saturating the market just like Funko with the catch being Mego's products would actually be good.

Leave a comment:

• sprytel
    replied
    Do you think we will see a mass-market release of Taylor (perhaps in his spacesuit)? This seems a highly-sought after character to make an exclusive...

Leave a comment:

• TRDouble
    replied
    Very cool! And even better... I don't need them!!!! Whew!

But for those that do, enjoy! It's a nice offering for POTA fans.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    Not a big POTA guy, but I know this is a huge deal for fans of the series. Very happy for all of you that you finally get an official Mego Heston!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    It’s Mego Monday!! Mego and Topps welcomes you back to the Planet of the Apes with Taylor and Zira! These exclusive figures are available for preorder for one week only!

I dig Taylor's rifle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎