Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
      Bela played Igor better than he did Dracula. What a wonderful job he did in that movie!
      I think he did great in both, but prefer him in Dracula. Bela set the standard for what a vampire should look, sound, and act like in modern popular culture. Every performance in that genre is judged against his, and invariably all come up short simply by virtue of not being Bela.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

In addition to Ghost of Frankenstein, Chaney briefly played the monster in Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, subbing in for Glenn Strange who injured himself during the first take of the scene where the Monster throws Sandra through the lab window. The stunt actress swung back in, and Strange tried to catch her. He tripped over some wires and twisted his ankle. He continued to film that day, but the next his ankle was too swollen.

Chaney offered to play the monster in that shot to keep production on schedule. He is the actor who throws Sandra through the window, and you can see him turn and come toward Bud & Lou, knocking over a lab table as he approaches them. Then it's back to Strange.

Chaney also played the monster again with Abbott & Costello on an episode of the Colgate Comedy Hour TV series. Strange played the Monster with them in a later episode that introduced the world to the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

I would be happy to see a Lugosi Ygor figure and a Chaney Mummy figure someday.

Comment

• Paladin
            • Oct 26, 2015

Agreed....
            Lugosi as Bela from the Wolfman and Chaney from the mummy would be my top two obscure picks.
            But I'm dreaming of a Vincent Price figure in the Mego scale.....

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎