Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Firestorm will fit in nicely with my Super Friends display.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Man, those figures bring back some great Super Powers memories. Series 2 seemed to really show how deep Kenner was going to go with the line, giving us some great DC characters only comic fans would know like Dr. Fate and Red Tornado. Of course Firestorm was a TV star by that point. Nice to see FTC channeling that.

As always the Newsletter makes me say "how did I miss that?". Even though I visit daily, I still don't catch everything. The newsletter takes care of that! Thanks fellas!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

Hawkman was supposed to be the fourth figure in this set

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

What a incredible newsletter. Like Chris said, I have missed allot this past week. The next Super Powers lineup is a neat selection. Can't wait to see those. That John Wayne custom is freaking amazing! One of the best custom jobs I've ever seen for the Duke! I smiled when I saw what that Spider-man box went for. It reminded me again of how lucky I was years back when I scored a mint Mego Spider-man figure still in his box (which was also in great shape) for $24.00. That includes shipping. The fascinating part? It shipped from Canada. It just goes to show you not everything can stay on the radar all the time. Some things slip through. Nice to see this box got the spotlight. Love the old catalog shots and of course Brian's close ups of Super Friends series 4 is always a visual treat. Nice work guys!!!

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I just ordered a Super Collector as a result of this newsletter. Now my Brick Mantooth will have a brother. Yay.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm excited for more SuperPowers!
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• supes
                For the love of Mego's!
                • Jan 19, 2004

Man I am super pumped about Dr Fate!!!! Red Tornado and Firestorm are awesome additions as well, but Fate is my man!!👍

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Figure8
                  Museum Patron
                  • May 18, 2016

Can't wait for this new Super Powers wave. That's the first time I'll have to get the complete set. I know Mego didn't go a long way with removable masks, but I still like the idea. Dr Fate should have a removable helmet! It's not really difficult to pull off, as long as it's in scale! Personally I hope Fate and Tornado will come with the 'good old' flimsy capes. The heavier capes work well with a line like Batman 66, but I want these figures to fit in with the original WGSH.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 9, 2013

In the Hawkman thread I stated that I bet the next super powers wave would be:
                    Red Tornado
                    Dr. Fate
                    Firestorm
                    Hawkman
                    If you look at the latest card back they showed these were the only ones that didn't fit into an other kind of wave like a Flash, WW or etc. I'm sure that early on they said Farrow had sculpted Hawkman. So what is usually a four figure wave only has three? No fourth? No Hawkman, or are they waiting for a big reveal?
                    There is also a lone Billy Batson next to the already released Shazam wave. Shazam van exclusive? Maybe they couldn't fit the rest of that wave on the back?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Thank you and good morning http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...e&e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

Oooh, big January on the way!
                        I'm in for Marvin & Wendy, Teen Titans Series 2, and Scooby Doo Series 1.
                        I never really watched Johnny Quest, so I'll probably pass on those, but they look great!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

Awesome news but man if this was early November I would've placed a massive order for Christmas!

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

A great January indeed! Great newsletter guys! I was able to stay on top of most of the interesting bits this past week. For those who could not, this is the letter to read. Great coverage.

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Jonny Quest figures look AMAZING!

Fred looks great too, but I'm a little nervous about Daphne...can't wait to see the Ghost Clown!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

I'm in for JQ for sure, had hoped to see the 66 line finished off this month, tho.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎