X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

How was your 2011 : Collecting Wise?

So it's December and I thought it would be interesting to recap how your collecting went this annum.

For me, it started on a real downer, with a much anticipated deal going sour which bummed me out for a while.

I spent the first half of the year pairing down, regrouping and concentrating on other things like the Brick figure and my book. Kind of liberating in a sense actually.

This last quarter (especially October) saw almost a whole year's worth of goodness in one concentrated, dizzying burst with the addition of 4 items. It was also fraught with human kindness, making new friends and getting a nice leg up from some old ones. It was very positive and encouraging.

Honestly, that month gave me a new feeling about how networking and patience really work.

How about you? Good year?
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Theres still the whole of December to regroup

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

this year has been good, I've found some really HTF pieces for my collection
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• clemso
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 8, 2001

Actually 2011 has been good to me, got myself a whole load of cool htf items

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

2011 was a good year for me thanks to all the new Re-Mego's and of course the Brick and Super Collector. Working on the reviews for the blog were a wonderful creative outlet too. Gave me a real opportunity to play. I also must extend a very huge shout out to johnmiic for the hook ups this year. His generosity is something that I will always remember and appreciate.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

good times.

Picked up some good pieces from members here who were shedding. I missed out on a few deals as well, which was a let down but is to be expected in this game. Ya can't always get what you want.

Comment

• Megospidey
              Museum Webslinger
              • Jul 26, 2006

Been a good year for me as well collecting wise...was able to acquire 3 grail pieces this year. 2012 may be dry, but 2011 was certainly not!

Comment

• RickD
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 31, 2011

It has been a fantastic year for me!

Colorado picking has been good for me! (Garage Sales and Craigslist)

Picked up a couple of big collections from individuals.

A little sad that I sold my entire MEGO Star Trek line and it turned up on eBay(some AFA graded). Didn't think that would happen after doing the deal with the individual.

But was able to buy more amazing items for my collection and extend my WGSH collection. (picked up a grail piece)

Had one mishap on my part by being to overly confident and realized the items weren't as good as I thought, but made up for it in other items that were sold

Had some great deals on Mego Museum (Hopefully that continues) There are some really great folks on here!!!

Very knowledgeable individuals in the forum! I am always learning something new!

Thank you for letting me join the the Mego Museum family!

Rick
                Last edited by RickD; Dec 2, '11, 1:17 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• megoapesnut
                    The name says it all!
                    • Dec 3, 2007

Ups and downs for me as well. I had to sell most of my non-ape collection to fund my basement restore from the flooding. On the upside, I was able to acquire a grail I have been hoping to find for years. No complaints from me, life is good.

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

I really don't collect much of anything, but I lost a grail piece last week because of a bad phone internet connection. I had it set up to grab a dead mint Super Powers unpunched carded Shazam. The bidding was only up to 30.00. My bid was 60.00, but because of a small signal hiccup, by bid didn't get through in time. The winning bid was 50. I was slightly crushed.
                      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

Being unemployed put a damper on most of the year. But once I pay off 2 very generious members I will be adding some quality items to my small collection. I cannot complain.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                          70's Era Pimp
                          • Sep 7, 2011

This year was a year of growth for me in collecting. I started collecting MEGO in August. I had two very nice collections fall in my lap as a dealer and decided to not sell the MEGO. That started me off with a pretty decent collection of Trek and POTA. I found these forums about a month ago and have met some great people. I hope to continue to build my collection as I make new friends.

I am planning on attending the MEGO Meet next year and seeing as many of you as possible.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

It was pretty decent for me.

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

I really need to downsize badly, and really prioritize what I actually collect and stop picking up things on whims and getting sidetracked on the stuff I truly want to own.

For me, I was delighted to finally finish off my Amsco Superbaby collection thanks to a fellow member here. I've really bee putting off completing me collection of loose WGSH, but I'm sure an Aquaman will come my way. Slowly working on my Super Powers, got a loose cyborg this year.

After years of dawdling, finally got the infamouse Talking Freddy from Matchbox.. To go along with Maxx FX.

Got into hot Toys type figures this year as well, but really want to try and limit it to Superheroes.

I also collect Battle of the Planets/Gathcaman stuff, but that has really stalled over the past few years. Even the Wife's recent trip to Japan didn't yield any treasures... Got my fingers crossed when she goes back this month.
                              Last edited by samurainoir; Dec 2, '11, 2:51 PM.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎