Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

hey guys. you can like or dislike this without turning in your star wars fan club cards. Your preference is always right for you.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

I finally caught it and I'm going to see it again at a matinee. It wasn't perfect, but I did like it well-enough. I really do think this, being the middle chapter, will probably benefit from the next movie in that the next chapter will resolve things this movie set up. I think when it is all said and done, this will be a very nice trilogy.

Comment

• YoungOnce
        Career Member
        • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Makernaut
        I finally caught it and I'm going to see it again at a matinee. It wasn't perfect, but I did like it well-enough. I really do think this, being the middle chapter, will probably benefit from the next movie in that the next chapter will resolve things this movie set up. I think when it is all said and done, this will be a very nice trilogy.
        From the interviews I've read with JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson and others, there doesn't seem to be a three-part arc or template in place that the directors have to adhere to. After JJ made his movie, Rian talked with Kathleen Kennedy about some ideas he had for where it could go and Lucasfilm signed off. A day or two ago, he said that he was excited and interested to see where JJ would take the story next.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Isn't it absolutely incredible that in 2017, we still get a thrilling, well-orchestrated, muscular, thoughtful, and emotional musical score from a now 85-year-old John Williams?

The score is remarkable.

The Maestro still uses pencil and musical staff paper. No computer.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
            The score is remarkable.
            I agree. No matter how you feel about the film you got to admit the score is fantastic.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

John Williams continues to impress. I was very happy my favorite music from the original film was reused in The Last Jedi.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

No matter what, Williams always delivers a quality score. I'd never skip one of his scores, even if he does one for Howard the Duck II....
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                  No matter what, Williams always delivers a quality score. I'd never skip one of his scores, even if he does one for Howard the Duck II....
                  Disney's next Lucasfilm project

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Bravestarr
                    Saw it Feel bad for Mark Hanmill any true Star Wars fan would say the same they killed Luke for gods sake
                    I'm definitely a true Star Wars fan. I was 10 when I saw Luke look out at the Binary Sunset and yearn for an adventure. I went on that adventure with him. I could not have seen a more fitting end to an incredible adventure. ...and the new Trilogy is a passing of the torch. ALL of the old characters die. That was going to (or is going to) happen. And yes, he will be back as a force ghost.

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

The way I'd explain how "I" feel bad for Mark Hamill (regarding interpretation of the Luke Skywalker character) is not going to go the way you think!
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 3, 2010

I enjoyed far less of the movie than I expected to.
                        I found myself bored at times, asking myself ***? at times, and overall was under whelmed. I was shocked how much it failed for me. For those who liked it, enjoy it. As for the rest of us, we can forget about it.
                        mego's befo ho's

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by huedell
                          The way I'd explain how "I" feel bad for Mark Hamill (regarding interpretation of the Luke Skywalker character) is not going to go the way you think!
                          I'll let Hitler do it.

"No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

well I never thought I would agree with Hitler, but there you go

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I have no investment here, but that was clever.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• phil
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 11, 2007

I haven't seen a good Hitler rant in awhile and I enjoyed this one. I agree with some of his points.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎