Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Wow Hec, that was some epic binge watching on your part.

Is anyone watching "After the Thrones" afterward? It's kind of rough, not exactly "Talking Dead", the hosts don't have the presence of Chris Hardwick (who benefits from his experience as stand up comedian, actor, etc) and no live studio audience, so it seems more like a Youtube fan analysis video, but they do bring up some interesting points and comments, especially for those that haven't read the books.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by cjefferys
      Is anyone watching "After the Thrones" afterward? It's kind of rough, not exactly "Talking Dead", the hosts don't have the presence of Chris Hardwick (who benefits from his experience as stand up comedian, actor, etc) and no live studio audience, so it seems more like a Youtube fan analysis video, but they do bring up some interesting points and comments, especially for those that haven't read the books.
      I've been watching, and completely agree with your assessment. I came across a similar show on YT done by a guy and a girl (I think it was for IGN), and they did a better job of it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find their last couple episodes..

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by cjefferys
        Wow Hec, that was some epic binge watching on your part. .

Man, the show turned out to be just plain addicting...I couldn't stop watching.

Thank you guys for influencing me...best show on TV...it just went ahead of Better Call Saul, now my second favorite show.

I might get some hate from fellow fantasy fans...but I like Games of Thrones better than all three Lord of the Rings movies...it's not even open to discussing for me...

Can't believe I had refused to watch it for all these years...but once the first viewing was completed, I instantly became a GOT groupie...

Thanks, guys!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by JediJaida

My other clear favorite is Tyrion; GOD that man is THE smartest person on the show! He's made quite a few gaffes, but mostly has recovered from them, and in spite of having a father and sister that hate his guts, he is relatively sane.

Note, I said RELATIVELY!

With the guilt he's been feeling over what he did in Season Four, he's on a clear slope towards depression, and that is never a good thing.
          Tyrion is a fantastic character...and his excessive wine drinking does not bother me one bit...he's a functional alcoholic...

sigpic

Comment

• Byrnes
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
            Ramsey Snow/Bolton makes Joffrey look like Pippi Longstockings...what a psychopath...oh...I want that dude to die sooooooooooooooo badly......

Best part of the show for me
            WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• ZMOQ
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jun 1, 2010

Hector,

Now that you're all caught up with Game of Thrones in only a month, what do you think of the characters that you originally hated?

Originally posted by Hector
                Cool, okay, I'll try one a day...heck, maybe more on the weekends, especially late at night.

Four characters I already hate, yes, in the very first episode...that hot chick's brother, Lena Headay and her lover (poor kid)...and that odd looking spoiled albino teen brat with the Prince Valiant haircut...I hope all four die eventually, lol...
                :
                Hot Chick's brother= Viserys Targaryan

Lena Headey= Cersei Lannister

Her Lover (poor kid)= Lancel Lanister? The idiot boy that had an affair with Cersei and is now in the Sparrows?

Spoiled Teen brat with Prince Valiant haircut= Joffrey Baratheon

If the characters you mentioned are who I think they are, 2 of them kicked the bucket already, but we have NEW characters to hate. The High Sparrow. Ramsay Bolton. Walder Frey. Littlefinger. The Sand Snakes. So many more.

Since the Dorne story went way off-book, and Ellaria Sand and the Sand Snakes *murdered* Prince Doran, and none of them are qualified to inherit the throne of Dorne (they're all b*stards), my guess is that Dorne is being destabilized so that can be the first place where Dany, her Dragons and Dothraki can land in Westeros. After establishing that toehold in the south, she can gradually move northward.

I am enjoying the pace of Season 6. Things are moving, and resolving many of the loose threads. Good to see things happening.

In contrast, George RR Martin had just released a new chapter for The Winds of Winter, focusing on Arianne (Martel), which basically went nowhere. Still in a holding pattern, circling above the airport but not landing or getting anywhere. That, unfortunately has been his pattern for his last 2 Game of Thrones books... hundreds of pages devoted to having little of real importance happening.
                Last edited by ZMOQ; May 19, '16, 5:41 PM.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Believe it or not, I'm now kinda rooting for Cersei...as I hate the High Sparrow and his religious followers even more, lol. The way they intimidate the new young poor weak benevolent King...Tommen is such a pansy...you can bet the bank his older brother Joffrey, would've butchered them all already, lol. I think the days of Tommen are numbered, especially going by Cersei's visions from her witch encounter as a child. Can't believe I'm saying this...but I hope the incestuous duo of Cersei and Jaime, slaughter High Sparrow and his goons, lol.

I sort of miss Joffrey now...he was a dastardly evil little dude...but he was also a blast to watch...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Viserys Targaryen received a proper death...the melted crown scene was awesome...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

The one character I will NOT miss if he's killed...is Ramsey Bolton...to me...the most HATED one of them all...I WANT HIM TO DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE...

sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

Very uplifting episode tonight. Lots to feel good about.
                        Last edited by Sideshow Spock; May 22, '16, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

***SPOILERS***

Holy crap...Hodor (Hold the Door), the Children of the Forest, Bran’s dire wolf, and the Three-Eyed Raven himself, were all slaughtered by the White Walkers and their minions...all thanks to Bran's time traveling adventures...thanks a lot, teen Stark. Poor Meera, now she has to taxi cab carry his little skinny butt, now that Hodor is gone.

One enjoyable moment though...Sansa letting Littlefinger have it...I was hoping she would've ordered Brienne to slice him in half...I can only dream, lol...

Great episode. But aren't they all great anyway?

Next week...can't wait for the High Sparrow and his cronies to finally get what's coming to them....

***END OF SPOILERS***
                          sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

After the nice reunion of Jon and Sansa, I told my wife, "Ah, a happy moment in Game of Thrones. You know to pay for that, we are going to get 5 minutes of people kicking puppies..." That Hodor scene was a puppy kicker.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Wow this season is not sluggish in the least, it just clicks along like crazy.
                              ******SPOILERS**********

Always loved the Blackfish, nice to see him dissing Jamie and the Freys.

I hate that the show made you love Ian McShane so much, then instantly kill him. That was a dirty trick bringing in a big name for essentially a cameo.

Nice to know Marjorie is playing the long Con, I can't figure out who I'd like to see die first Ramsey Bolton or the Sparrow.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                                valar morghulis
                                • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                                Wow this season is not sluggish in the least, it just clicks along like crazy.
                                ******SPOILERS**********

Always loved the Blackfish, nice to see him dissing Jamie and the Freys.
                                The Blackfish "dropping the mic". Great scene..

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎