Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

It WAS Troughton from the Robin Hood TV show. A very, very nice tip of the feathered hat to the past, as was The Doctor's combat moves from the Third Doctor's playbook.

Capaldi's been knocking this outta the park. He looks like he's loving what he's doing, and I'd love to see his Doctor make a run for Tom Baker's record of 7 seasons.
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

What a fun episode! Is it just me, or are the circuit boards tied into "The Fires of Pompeii" and perhaps why the Doctor has this face?

I didn't know Troughton played Robin Hood...that was a nice nod! I caught the Pertwee move. Capaldi's Doctor seems to be more action-oriented, and ready to fight, like what I've seen of Pertwee.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Toy Timelord
        Banned
        • Aug 4, 2014

This latest episode is the best in a very long time.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

A very entertaining episode overall. Capaldi is great. I love his trademark angry stare.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

Really enjoying the new Doctor! The last episode was really fun, and I was so glad Robin turned out real. I'm loving Capaldi's humor, the banter, and a little action hero. The battle with Robin on the log would never have worked with Smith or Tennant.
            I was kinda hoping the Sheriff would turn out to be the Master, as I never liked the Simm version and a return to the Delgado/Ainley Master would be appreciated. Also glad the unnamed robots did Not turn out to be Cybermen too, very overused anymore.
            All in all, very satisfied with the new series!!

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

My wife and I have been watching the 'new' doctors since 2006. Interestingly, I am really enjoying these episodes while she seems to have lost her interest in the series. Discussing this today, we both thought that the dryer tubing used as a setting in the Dalek body was a tremendous throwback to the Who I grew up with. Thus, this new incarnation is setting well with me. My wife was never too taken with the companion/love interest thing, and some of her favorite shows were from the Donna period where the companion served as the Doctors conscience. I am wondering if this is the road for Clara, or if my days of happily watching the Doctor with my lady pal are nearing an end.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

I never liked the "I love the Doctor" concept either.
                It worked once, with Rose, and I felt that they should have left it at that.
                They were dolng the same thing with Clara and Matt Smith (which I didn't like), but now the dynamics between her and Capaldi are just great.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Good of them to go with a light hearted romp so early in, shows the Doctor has that side. Loved the Venusian akido move and the fact that the Doctor was able to play off the Merry men so well.

They cut a major scene out of this one, the Sheriff is a cyborg and his head pops off at one point.

The next episode is a bit of a departure for the series and I think it's the best one so far.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

They cut a major scene out of this one, the Sheriff is a cyborg and his head pops off at one point.
                    I got that from the dialog, but I would have liked to have seen it.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

When you say cut out a scene, do you mean in editing or BBC America to allow for commercials?

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                        When you say cut out a scene, do you mean in editing or BBC America to allow for commercials?
                        No it was cut from the final edit due to some recent news events. I'm sure it will surface on the DVD release. It was a rather comedic beheading scene. Basically, the alien space craft fell on the Sheriff when it came to Earth.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

One thing I really like this season is the story telling.

So far we haven't had any over complicated plots.

Also, hopefully the fantasy stories are retired.

Robin Hood was a fantasy story but finished as true Sci Fi.

I can live with that

Series intro is kinda weird and looks cheap - but in this case i'm not complaining... seems to almost have a post McCoy pre McGann feel.

Moffat, if you're reading this your number one complainer is giving you a big kudos --- DON'T screw it up
                          Last edited by Mikey; Sep 8, '14, 4:31 PM.

Comment

• clemso
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy

Well, now they got an excuse to turn him into the Master. Everyone is saying how he looks like the old classic Master.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by clemso
                              Well, now they got an excuse to turn him into the Master. Everyone is saying how he looks like the old classic Master.
                              Please convey our feelings to the Who production team, Clem!
                              We want our Classic Master!
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• clemso
                                Talkative Member
                                • Aug 8, 2001

About that Scottish accent.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡