X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Hmmm,

I met Colin back in 1984 when he was THE Doctor.

Perhaps he got grumpy since then

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Brick Capaldi
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Interesting episode tonight. I like the concept of trees protecting the planet. But I'm sick of kids being in the TARDIS now. The sooner the Doctor parts ways with Clara and gets away from the school, the better.
        Capaldi is still excellent, though.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

I, too, am a bit weary of the Clara/Mr. Pink storyline and all of the little kiddies that tag along. I'm quite surprised The Doctor didn't have a double-coronary when he saw the herd of kids in his TARDIS. I was just waiting for one of them to break something.

Aaaaaand......I'm getting REALLY tired of Pink constantly deriding The Doctor! If he had even the remotest of clues as to how many times The Doctor has pulled Earth's fat out of the fire, maybe he would learn a bit of respect.

Plus, was it just me or was some of the dialogue in last night's episode pretty close to unintelligible? I'm going to have to watch it again with CC on just to catch half of what was said!
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Not a fan of last nights episode.

IMO it was on the same scale as the Moon - egg episode.

Almost felt like a rejected Davison style script

I wish Doctor Who all the luck in the world but if they don't start making better episodes the show is going to tank.

People can only convince themselves how great this season is so much but eventually reality is going to set in.

To the peeps who love this season, I mean no disrespect - just voicing my opinion.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by emeraldknight47

Plus, was it just me or was some of the dialogue in last night's episode pretty close to unintelligible? I'm going to have to watch it again with CC on just to catch half of what was said!
              I noticed that too.

Not only Capaldi but also the other cast members

Is the English language changing in the UK ?

How come I never have trouble understanding classic episodes ? (seriously)

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Same here, had some trouble following the dialogue in this episode, especially the kids.
                I liked the basic concept of the story, but in the end it kind of left me uninterested in the way it unfolded. Weird ending, too. What was it with that girl appearing?

I've had my fill of the Clara/Pink/kids/Heaven saga now, and just about everyone wandering into the Tardis.
                I just want Capaldi and the Tardis, stopping alien invasions for a while....
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
                  I noticed that too.

Not only Capaldi but also the other cast members

Is the English language changing in the UK ?

How come I never have trouble understanding classic episodes ? (seriously)

Yeah, that's pretty much how the youth of London talk these days. Some of the kids the BBC now get as "actors" honestly sound like they have speech impediments.

In the old days, the actors were mostly "received pronunciation" speakers, and when they needed a regional dialect, they simply adopted it as required.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

OK. Just got finished re watching last night's episode On Demand with fully functional CC engaged and it made the episode much more enjoyable. Was it a season high episode? No, but it DID present some interesting ideas, IMHO. Since I could actually understand what the little floaty critters were saying when the Doctor trapped them, it made the whole episode make a bit more sense. And they also made me think a lot of "the Green" from SWAMP THING. Perhaps the writer of the episode is a Swampy fan.
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• clemso
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 8, 2001

lol, if this was real, all those kids were filming and taking photos of the inside of the Tardis on their i-phones. It would have been all over facebook and YouTube within minutes and the Doctor would have be revealed to the world.

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                      Same here, had some trouble following the dialogue in this episode, especially the kids.
                      I liked the basic concept of the story, but in the end it kind of left me uninterested in the way it unfolded. Weird ending, too. What was it with that girl appearing?

I've had my fill of the Clara/Pink/kids/Heaven saga now, and just about everyone wandering into the Tardis.
                      I just want Capaldi and the Tardis, stopping alien invasions for a while....

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I thought it presented a unique story and an interesting concept overall but perhaps a little too talky.

The Doctor asking the little girl her name was funny though and the kids weren't annoying to me. Interesting mirror to "The Unearthy Child" in there, the two teachers discussing an unusual female student.

Kind of a pleasure to have nobody die in an episode and the "menace" be misunderstood, it's been done before on "the beast below" but it's still pretty rare.

Not sure I liked Danny Pink in this one either.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

It would be nice if BBC Worldwide had a talk with the production company explaining why received pronunciation is a must for selling their shows outside the UK.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
                            Not sure I liked Danny Pink in this one either.
                            I'll go ya one better, Palitoy, I say I haven't really cared too much for Danny Pink ever since he was introduced. He just doesn't have much in the way of personality and, for having been a soldier, he's kind of a wet blanket when it comes to getting stuff done. Yeah, he helped The Doctor get rid of the critter in "The Caretaker," but aside from that, he seems to whine a lot and make googly eyes at Clara (which I can't fault him for). He seems like kind of a milquetoast for someone like Clara, too, who has had these incredible adventures with The Doctor. I was really hoping he'd be more along the lines of Noel Clarke's Ricky Smith from the alti-verse that Ten and Rose dropped into...

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Agreed, who would have thought we'd all be wishing for Noel Clarke to return?
                              Pink just seems such a weak character, and he doesn't evolve into anything more interesting. And it isn't doing Clara much good, in terms of making her interesting.

My favorite part is where The Doctor explains the Tardis on the level of a young child: a glass of Coca Cola is small, but it has a huuuuge amount of sugar inside. Brilliant!
                              I really love the way Capaldi's Doctor thinks. He just tells it like it is.
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• johnnystorm
                                Hot Child in the City
                                • Jul 3, 2008

Got caught up on the last two episodes last night. Enjoyed the Flatliners (or whatever the Doctor called them -I couldn't understand it). Interesting villains, nice action episode. The mini Tardis was fun.
                                Trees was not my thing. I think there have been more regular folks through the Tardis since Capaldi started than in the previous 50 years! You should start needing a ticket soon.
                                Pinky did exactly one thing - shone a flashlight at a tiger and scared it away. Then bragged about it to Clara who melted over it. Would have preferred it if he wrestled it (and lost). What a nitwit this guy is. Seriously, No respect anymore for Clara if this is the best she wants after all the things she's seen & done. The Doctor is exactly right in his dislike for him.
                                Tonight is the next to season finale already. And we're still learning what kind of Doctor Capaldi is settling in as? Too much time wasted on this silly romance and school. Guessing they really want us to want Clara gone, unlike Amy.
                                And a last thought ... Could Missy be a new version of the Black Guardian?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎