Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

An alien being is bound to have some sort of accent.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Clem must be big here in the States. Or will soon be. Walmart has the first episode of the new season on DVD. Haven't released just a single episode of a season before.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

My view of tonights episode

Boring !!!!!!!

Boring !!!!!!!

Boring !!!!!!!

Boring !!!!!!!

----- oh, clip of the War Doctor ... This might get better.........

Nope,

Boring !!!!!!!

Boring !!!!!!!

Boring !!!!!!!

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Tonight's was the weakest so far, very confusing and really nothing happened...although I'm sure we'll be revisiting all this again before long. Again we're back to too much companion not enough Doctor & monsters. Oh for a companion that gets on the Tardis and stays put, following the Doctor through adventures without all this drama.
          I'm also not too fond of this pinpoint accuracy in landing the Tardis in bedrooms and kitchens either. Better when it just popped up randomly.
          The clip for next week looks interesting. Did you catch Abslom Daak on the tv screen? Oh, man, that would be awesome if he showed up!

Comment

• Godzilla
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 3, 2002

It wasn't as well constructed as previous episodes, but as a character driven episode (rather than a monster one) I really liked it. Fascinating aspects to the Doctor's character and again a good episode for Clara.
            Mortui Vivos Docent
            The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I loved this episode. I thought it was very suspenseful. Well-written, well-directed and edited.
              A return to form for Moffat, with a perfect sequel to Blink, if you ask me.
              This was a very unusual story, not the standard "start-middle-ending". It didn't provide a lot of answers, and didn't really have to, IMO. This was all about nightmares, fears and whatever makes us afraid in the night, and nightmares aren't logical. The scene with the thing on the bed was quite scary...

These last three episode have been excellent, and Capaldi is doing fantastic!
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

Capaldi is really on his game. We're on a string of very good episodes.
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Mikey
                  A bit off topic but was watching the news last night and the bottom scroll read THIRD DOCTOR DIES

I was like, Jon Pertwee died ??? , hey wait a minute, he died in '96

Turned out they were talking about the ebola virus doctors

That's what I get when I have Who on the brain

That's okay. I just had the same thing happen. Except the headline was for a fourth doctor. I'm like "Nooooo......not Tom Baker! "

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Decent episode. Quite an atmospheric piece. Still loving Capaldi in the role. His portrayal of the Doctor has a wonderfully sinister edge to it. Truly great!

And yes, the glimpse of Abslom Daak on the viewscreen during the preview of next week's episode was awesome.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

I'm kinda like meh with the Doctor's secret history.

Seems like that's been explored to the Nth degree since Moffat took over.

Give it a rest

Just gimme some monsters and an easy to follow story and i'm in hog heaven

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

Thought it was a solid story and well acted out.
                        No problem here.
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I enjoy a departure episode like this, not to spoil but it was refreshing to not have the simple "Doctor stops the monster" thing. Plenty of nice little chills and once again, Capaldi shines.

Enjoyed the little call back to the Day of the Doctor as well.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Still trying to figure it out. If it was nothing at all,what was doing all of the stuff? What turned off the TV? What was under the sheet? Did someone have some kind of mind powers or something?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                              Still trying to figure it out. If it was nothing at all,what was doing all of the stuff? What turned off the TV? What was under the sheet? Did someone have some kind of mind powers or something?
                              Normally I insist on the writer providing some sort of "logical" explanation once he starts a story. That's why a lot of Moffat stories had disappointed me in the past. A great set-up, and then a "miracle" explanation at the end.
                              But this time, I have to make an exception. Mainly because it is a "nightmare" concept (where logic is rarely found), and second because the atmosphere in this story was so well done, the writing so strong, you just have to go along for the ride. This story just says "don't think, look under the bed and be afraid!"
                              It's all about basic fear.
                              And yes, I'd like to know what was under the bedspread, what made it tick, was there really something there?
                              But I just "enjoyed" the rollercoaster without thinking much about the nuts and bolts of it all...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

I thought it was great.

SPOILERS

It's nice to know the Doctor DIDN'T find out the answer. Capaldi's slightly creepy and mysterious Doctor is really working for me. My son nearly flipped when he saw the War Doctor.

It was atmospheric and unsettling without ever showing anything scary...and then reassuring at the end. Just a very well-done, and poetic episode.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎