X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
    By bringing in the whole Midichlorian stuff, it kind of ruined the mystical aspect of the Jedi.
    I totally agree. The Force was originally a form of spirituality NOT a genetic mutation. SW was like medieval fantasy. You had a black knight, a princess, a wizard, pirate, etc. The prequels turned the Jedi from Arthurian style knights to mutant space ninjas spastically hopping all over the place. Midichlorians should be totally ignored and never again spoken of.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by big_geek_3rd
      Additionally, in the prequels, Anakin wasn't a hero that moved to the dark side, he was never anything but a petulant child.
      Yes, exactly, that's why the prequels don't work. There is no hero's tragic fall from grace. There is nothing heroic about him. He goes from obnoxious child to creepy teenager to childkiller. There is no good in him and nothing to redeem. That's also makes the digital erasure of Sebastian Shaw from Jedi all the worse. Old Anakin IS the good Anakin. His spirit form shouldn't be the evil child killer.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
        I totally agree. The Force was originally a form of spirituality NOT a genetic mutation.
        True, the midichlorians do demystify the Force concept somewhat, but they themselves aren't meant to be the Force.

They're just organisms that allow certain individuals to sense, communicate with, and use the Force.

Lucas created them just to explain why some beings are more Force sensitive than others.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
          mutant space ninjas spastically hopping all over the place.
          This must be the greatest description of Star Wars ever....
          Put that on the new poster!
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

So, Michael Arndt is confirmed to write the screenplay for Episode VII.

As pre-production of Star Wars: Episode VII begins, Lucasfilm has confirmed that award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay for the new Star Wars film. As revealed in the ongoing video series posted here on StarWars.com, Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas have begun story conferences with Arndt. Arndt won an Academy Award® for Best Original Screenplay for writing Little Miss Sunshine (2006), and was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for writing Toy Story 3 (2010).
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• acrovader
              Career Member
              • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
              So, Michael Arndt is confirmed to write the screenplay for Episode VII.

Having an Oscar winning screenwriter to pen Episode 7 is awesome! I really hope they can also pick the right director.
              I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• acrovader
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2011

I really think Lucas took it to heart that fans soured on Star Wars. He could've ended it with the six movies. With all the prequels and Special Edition backlash, I think Lucas wanted to set things right. Getting an acclaimed screenwriter and possibly a talented director to get Star Wars back on track was played a factor in Lucas selling the Star Wars franchise. There is a strong possibility that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will be back. Perhaps even Harrison Ford?
                I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...rs-episode-vii

according to the release about Arndt, it is not confirmde if Luke, Han and Leia will be in the movies. they do say he is a huge SW fan though and has given lectures about it

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

As expected, Disney won't be renewing the SW comic book licensing contract with Dark Horse.
                    Star Wars comics are coming back to Marvel!

Now... we just need Marvel to carry on the numbering from their classic run with issue # 108.

When Disney bought Star Wars (and, you know, LucasFilm with it) the comics community wondered how long it would take for the Star Wars comics license to

While it's not a surprise, a report has just surfaced that claims Disney will not renew the contract for Star Wars Comics that is currently with Dark Horse Comics. Sending the franchise back to Marvel for publishing.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...rs-episode-vii

according to the release about Arndt, it is not confirmde if Luke, Han and Leia will be in the movies. they do say he is a huge SW fan though and has given lectures about it
                      I hope they come back..they can do that cgi they used with Tron to make them look younger
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

IMHO it would be a drastic mistake to not have Han, Luke and Leia in the new series. even if it is a passing of the torch and the characters are killed off, they need to be in it to appease disgruntled fans after the sub par prequels. I don't mean to bash the prequels, i enjoyed each in it's own right, but they did not have the heart and soul of the original trilogy

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

I think Hamill is the right age for the part. Let him grow a beard, and he'd make a great Jedi Master.
                          I think Fisher and Ford aren't right anymore to be chasing rubber aliens. Fisher might be ok for a cameo, in a Mon Mothma kind of role. Addressing the troops.
                          I can't see Ford shooting blasters anymore, but maybe I'm biased: I feel he has become a boring old fart. Maybe they can give him a cameo and send him off on a deep space mission, visiting Greedo's relatives...("no, he really shot first, he did, Mrs Greedo!!!").
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 14, 2012

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                            I think Hamill is the right age for the part. Let him grow a beard, and he'd make a great Jedi Master.
                            I think Fisher and Ford aren't right anymore to be chasing rubber aliens. Fisher might be ok for a cameo, in a Mon Mothma kind of role. Addressing the troops.
                            I can't see Ford shooting blasters anymore, but maybe I'm biased: I feel he has become a boring old fart. Maybe they can give him a cameo and send him off on a deep space mission, visiting Greedo's relatives...("no, he really shot first, he did, Mrs Greedo!!!").
                            I agree with what you wrote, I can totally see an older Luke as the new "Yoda," training a new generation of Jedi. I really hope they bring him back. Plus I think Mark Hamill is due for a live action comeback. His voice work on cartoons is great, I think he has a much wider range as an actor than most people give him credit for. It would be great to see the new Star Wars films kick start the next phase of his career.

I would like to see Fisher and Ford back as well, even in small, supporting parts. I imagine Princess Leia as a Galactic Leader, and Han Solo in a very uncomfortable position as "first husband," having to spend his time attending affairs of state, shaking hands with diplomats, etc... Oh, and Billy Dee Williams, too we can't forget about Lando.

Hopefully, this is the direction they will go with these films. After the last three, my enthusiasm for Star Wars dwindled, but bringing back the original actors would really rekindle my excitement.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Maybe they can let Solo go run a free range Ewok farm or something?

I do hope we won't see him do another "I'm too old for this..." kind of thing. That totally sunk the last Indy movie. Can somebody keep an eye on Shia LeBore, make sure he doesn't go near the set?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

Older Luke, with a beard, training the new generation of Jedi. Sage counsel on pivotal matters can come from the Force spirit of Yoda.
                                The enemies are the remnants of the Empire and new Sith Lords.

__
                                Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jan 17, '13, 9:40 AM.
                                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎