Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Lucas did have 9 movies in mind (I read it in many interviews in '1977-78), but probably not the way the story turned out now. He definitely wanted to continue, or maybe he just squashed it all in 6 movies to be done with it. But he's changed his mind so many times now, who knows what to expect? He also said so many times that he wanted to do "serious movies" (aka not SW?), but instead he keeps on rehashing SW, and now the dreaded 100-200-a million episode TV series? Before we now it, Yak Face will have his own sit-com, Sy Snootles will go on American Idol, and there will be Ewoks on Lost.
    I wish him all the best with the new stuff he's doing, but as far as I'm concerned, he has turned to the Dark Side. He's more machine now...

PS: OK, Lucas fans, you can start bombarding me with rocks and sticks now!
    PS2: I just love my old bootleg SW DVDs and I'll probably be cremated with them. When I got those a few years back, I was over the moon...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
      Lucas did have 9 movies in mind (I read it in many interviews in '1977-78),
      Which was after success had been realized. If you had read this in '75-'76 I'd have been impressed.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
        Which was after success had been realized. If you had read this in '75-'76 I'd have been impressed.

As I've said before...on the set of A NEW HOPE Lucas jawed on and on with
        Hamill about many other movies planned...unless Hamill is straight out
        lying...well...we know he isn't
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Actually, thanks to my Time Lord TARDIS, I did read it in 1975 already. Hence my loft full of cases of SW 12-backs, tons of boxed megos, and much, much more. Timetravel and toy collecting go together like bread and peanutbutter...

So the real question remains: was he just boasting back in '77, or did he actually intend to do it (and have the storyline mapped out).
          Somebody send Jack Bauer to extract the truth!
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
            Banned
            • Oct 17, 2007

i'll have to find my vintage magazine issues that talk about him doing 9 movies...

Comment

• Seeker
              Neptunians RULE!
              • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              Actually, thanks to my Time Lord TARDIS, I did read it in 1975 already. Hence my loft full of cases of SW 12-backs, tons of boxed megos, and much, much more. Timetravel and toy collecting go together like bread and peanutbutter...

So the real question remains: was he just boasting back in '77, or did he actually intend to do it (and have the storyline mapped out).
              Somebody send Jack Bauer to extract the truth!
              God if I could go back in time I'd have my house paid off, put the kids through college and............

I remember seeing a 8 foot run of star trek megos with all the aliens at Child World once. Speaking of aliens I remember seeing an entire wall of original Alien figures marked down clearance at a local dept store. Of coarse no kid would be allowed to get a toy from a rated R movie at the time.
              Lo there do I see my Father.
              Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
              Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
              Lo they do call me.
              They bid me take my place among them.
              In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

Wha...? Are we back on this topic again?!?!?!

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I seem to recall mention of these being in a book about Star Wars published in the late 70's. Just going on school yard memories here so Starlog might be the source.

A friend of mine in the 80's had an unbelievable SW collection, original props etc and he had a draft of "episode one" that was pretty interesting, I was surprised at how much of that was in the resulting movies years later.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Flynne
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jan 22, 2003

Wouldn't the first 10 seconds of "Star Wars" lead you to think he had more stories in mind than the Original Star Wars Trilogy? The first words of the opening paragraph are after all "Episode IV".

In the depth of my 80's Convention Artifacts I have a copy of the Episode One script Brian mentions. It's a blue covered screenplay photocopy titled "The Star Wars", and I remember hearing something about how Lucas preferred it with "The" but 20th Century Fox didn't. I got it out not too long ago and read again about how Obi-Wan and Anakin fought and Anakin was partially consumed by lava. Some of it was way off, but some of it was dead on - and I purchased it in the mid 80's (though it does have an original copyright of 1974, but of course that could be apocraphyl).

The real problem is that Lucas is like Bill Gates and Gene Roddenberry - Lucas knows how to locate talented people to innovate, and where he can't innovate he buys, to build the most marketable buisness in his market segment. Lucas has great ideas, but he is a terrible screenplay writer and terrible Director. Like Gates and Roddenberry, Lucas is at his best when he hands his ideas over to others to develop and direct while he produces ("Empire Strikes Back,", anyone?). Know your role.
                    Last edited by Flynne; Mar 14, '08, 2:38 PM.
                    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

"The Star Wars"
                      If you take the "s" off the end, that's how my grandmother refers to it.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Lucas did indeed discuss the nine movie project from the begining.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Flynne
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jan 22, 2003

The page still needs plenty of citations, but, for what it's worth, here's the Wiki page on this topic:

Star Wars sequel trilogy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                          An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 26, 2008

LOL, I'm not even getting in on this cause I could rant for hours.
                            Chad

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Flynne
                              Wouldn't the first 10 seconds of "Star Wars" lead you to think he had more stories in mind than the Original Star Wars Trilogy? The first words of the opening paragraph are after all "Episode IV".

These words were added after the initial release.

Comment

• Flynne
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jan 22, 2003

Sorry, I missed this post before. I thought you were genuinely looking for more information on the subject rather than something to impress you. Never mind.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎