Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Why did they have to throw Wayne Knight into things?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Just watched it.
      Mekhi Pfifer irritated the hell out of me. In about two seconds he decides that the only thing that explains this new mystery (nobody dying) is to relentlessly hunt down another mystery (Torchwood), because that would surely explain everything. So if you find The Loch Ness Monster, you will also know why Kanye West sells so many albums?
      So the two remaining Torchwood members must be the bad guys, probably because they're British?
      I really hope he becomes the newest member of the team. NOT!

Seems to me, some Hollywood suits thought: great British show. But a shame it's British. Let's pick American actors, throw in some Michael Bay chases, and they'll love it...

I miss the original team. The were an essential part of the concept. Tosh, Owen and Ianto.
      I miss the original base. It had a great British flavor to it.
      I have a feeling the good old days are over...
      Last edited by Gorn Captain; Jul 16, '11, 8:46 AM.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• KosmiCKennY
        Igo ugo we all go 4 mego!
        • May 13, 2004

don't know how many of you have dish network but if you are a subscriber to any of the movie channels i.e. HBO, Showtime, etc. then you get starz free for a year. I have watched Torchwood since the beginning and loved it and the fact that it ties in with the Doctor! Still have to watch last nights episode yet but last weeks start was promising at least I thought so.

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

>the only thing that explains this new mystery (nobody dying) is to relentlessly hunt down another mystery (Torchwood)

I think that's 'cos of the computer bug. He was obsessing over that in the beginning and put it together with the "no death" thing 'cos of the proximity effect.

>I miss the original team.

Which original team? We've seen three so far.

>Tosh, Owen and Ianto.

Oh, okay. I kinda miss the two psychopathic ladies myself.

Don C.

Comment

• ironman1188
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 11, 2007

I don't get Starz and I was too late to see it on youtube before it got puled so I guess I just have to develop a bit of patience and hope for the best.
            Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• wolfie
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 31, 2007

The episode just shown in America is to be Censored before it can be shown in the UK.

The BBC have decided that the scenes with Capt Jack and a barman are far too explicit to be shown and will be cut.

A spokesman said cutting the scenes would make no diffrence to the story which beggers the question why they were filmed in the first place.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by wolfie
                The episode just shown in America is to be Censored before it can be shown in the UK.

The BBC have decided that the scenes with Capt Jack and a barman are far too explicit to be shown and will be cut.

A spokesman said cutting the scenes would make no diffrence to the story which beggers the question why they were filmed in the first place.
                One of my nephews is gay and loves Torchwood because of Barrowman ... He said Barrowman has turned into a gay icon since the first series was shown in the US.

I'm guessing the production team is well aware of this and is taking full advantage.

Comment

• wolfie
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 31, 2007

Further to this it may be episode 3 that is to be cut in the UK.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by wolfie
                    Further to this it may be episode 3 that is to be cut in the UK.
                    What's with the sudden censorship? Torchwood has always had some explicit scenes, it isn't a kids' show...
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• wolfie
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 31, 2007

Now watched the first 2 episodes and it ain't gettin any better, in fact it seemed to have got worse.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

I don't know why they would censor it. They cut away too fast. And we also got the obligatory "bigger on the inside" Doctor Who joke. No,it wasn't with the gay love scene.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

This season, it seems as if the Torchwood gang (all two of them) are a guest star in their own show. The main emphasis is on the American side, which is portrayed in a very stereotype way. Mekhi Phifer was the stereotype gung ho cop, and now it's the pushy untrustworthy PR woman. Both are equally annoying.
                          The whole arsenic antidote scene was also very unconvincing.

So far, it's no joy for me. It feels like a very unsuccessful make-over...

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

When I watch this and the new Doctor Who I realize something I didn't think I'd do,I miss John Nathan-Turner.

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Got a real kick in the first scene of the last episode... The reporter interviewing Bill Pullman was a friend from school (who hosted my Cable show in Kingston). I'm generally fairly indifferent when I see her on Entertainment tonight or movies like Harold and Kumar, but I got real,y jazzed that she's on Torchwood!
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Well, this episode was: let's recycle this old Mission Impossible (rejected) script we've had lying around.
                                I'm sure next week, we'll see the Torchwood team in a black van, pursued by army trucks, and Mekhi Phifer (with golden chains around his neck) saying "I ain't gettin' on no plane!!!"
                                If this is supposed to be the American revamp, I quit...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎