Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

One of the reasons I didn't/don't much care for the new Klingon's were their attitudes.

They were redesigned when being a futuristic "warrior" was the "in" thing in Sci Fi movies.

Next Gen grabbed this and multiplied it 100 fold.

Today it seems passe and almost embarrassing to watch --- almost like watching hippies on Way To Eden.
    Last edited by Mikey; Jan 12, '11, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• TrueDave
      Toy Maker
      • Jan 12, 2008

The Movie/Next Generation Klingons didnt seem as bright.
      I often wondered if they even had Engineers.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Star Trek societies are not thought out very good and paint themselves into corners.

There must be janitor's on Vulcan, but I can't picture a Vulcan janitor --- etc.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by TrueDave
          and beats up worf in hand to hand combat.
          I thought that part was freaken awesome. A classic Trek fans revenge dream on NG for Kirk's pointless death in Generations. I found the whole thing brilliantly darkly humorous. Loved it. Only way it could have been better if he also got to beat the snot out Picard and Riker and romance Troi and Crusher

Originally posted by Mikey01
          Today it seems passe and almost embarrassing to watch --- almost like watching hippies on Way To Eden.
          I feel that way about NG in general. I dug it at the time but now I can't even watch it. It is so painfully 80s PC. Just cringe worthy bad now. I still love classic Trek even with it's flaws and unintended silliness but NG was become totally unwatchable to me.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎