Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!
Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gi Joe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

Gi Joe

Saw this flick yesterday on the previews and wow what a film, didn't stop from start to finish, and they did with a few exceptions keep the spirit of Gi Joe going, very much in many ways like the DDP version of GI-Joe I loved the film and so did my friends kids, well worth a trip to the cinema IMO
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine
  • jasonmego1277
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 9, 2008

I don't want spoilers, and plan on seeing it, but I just hope they something about the Cobra Commander debacle. If they did it right they set it up for a sequel, that will lead to more possibilities of going back to the source material. I look forward to seeing it.
    In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Question,

Does the name GI Joe remain on the movies title in the UK ?

I know nothing about GAH so I was wondering what their banner title was in the UK.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by type1kirk
        Question,

I know nothing about GAH so I was wondering what their banner title was in the UK.
        I believe I read it will retain the G.i.Joe title , even though it is well known as Action Force across the pond.
        In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Boris71
          GeekBot' For Life
          • May 13, 2007

Yes it does still have the GI-Joe title in the uk, it has over the last few years trasposed to Gi-Joe from action force, when I was a kid it was always action force and flint was dumped from the roster and scarlet was nd cover girl were melded into quarrel, but since the valour vs venom figures they have been Gi-Joe and the animated movie got released under that banner too

Comment

• jds1911a1
            Alan Scott is the best GL
            • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by type1kirk
            Question,

in the uk gijoe the original 12" soldier was ACTON man which Palitoy produced right through the 80's (no Vietnam anti military backlash in the UK)
            in France he was Group Action JOe (adventure team basically and palitoy redos), In Spain he was GEYPER MAN, in Germany it was ACTION TEAM

when GIJOE Real AMerican Heroes came about in the states the European version was produced by Palitoy called ACTION FORCE in the early 80's (yusing star wars like molds then later recolored GIJOE's) and different packaged versions of the US product. Action force then tranistioned to a UK version of the american package, then by the late 80's it was "GIJOE: the ACTION FORCE" then simply GIJOE (no Real AMERCIAN HERO) and all versions of GIJOEsince the 90's have been the same internationally and in the states

In Australia the small joes were initially flaged as ACTION MAN with RAH style cards but the 12" action man logo and then us GI JOE product

in INDIA it was GIJOE Internatioonal Heroes instead of Real American hero and in Brazil they are Commandoes em Acao (or soldiers in action if you will)

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Leave it to France to call them "Group Action"

Thanks for the info, guys

Comment

• Boris71
                GeekBot' For Life
                • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by jasonmego1277
                I don't want spoilers, and plan on seeing it, but I just hope they something about the Cobra Commander debacle. If they did it right they set it up for a sequel, that will lead to more possibilities of going back to the source material. I look forward to seeing it.
                it is well left open for a sequel, but it seems like it should have a sequel and I for one am hoping it does

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Boris71
                  Yes it does still have the GI-Joe title in the uk, it has over the last few years trasposed to Gi-Joe from action force, when I was a kid it was always action force and flint was dumped from the roster and scarlet was nd cover girl were melded into quarrel, but since the valour vs venom figures they have been Gi-Joe and the animated movie got released under that banner too
                  no Flint? dam who was lady Jay sleeping with then?
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• txteach
                    Banned
                    • Jun 17, 2005

I guess since I was well past the little GI joe phase in the early eighties I didn't think the movie was great, only ok. That Wayans guy is a terrible actor plain and simple. Also a lot of the CGI didn't look real, especially in the water. Since I was never into GI Joes a lot of stuff didn't resinate with me. I didn't know who Duke, rip chord, Destro, or cobra commander really were. Also, referring to elite soldiers as Joes was kinda cheezy in my opinion. I must say though the chicks were smoking hot!!! An inconsistancy I saw was that when Duke was dressed in his formal attire he had the rank of major on his should boards but he was referred to as Captain. The Wayans guy was supposed to be an E-8 in the army but seems a bit too young and goofy to have attained such rank. If you just sit back and watch the movie it's an ok flick.

Comment

• kennermike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by txteach
                      I guess since I was well past the little GI joe phase in the early eighties I didn't think the movie was great, only ok. That Wayans guy is a terrible actor plain and simple. Also a lot of the CGI didn't look real, especially in the water. Since I was never into GI Joes a lot of stuff didn't resinate with me. I didn't know who Duke, rip chord, Destro, or cobra commander really were. Also, referring to elite soldiers as Joes was kinda cheezy in my opinion. I must say though the chicks were smoking hot!!! An inconsistancy I saw was that when Duke was dressed in his formal attire he had the rank of major on his should boards but he was referred to as Captain. The Wayans guy was supposed to be an E-8 in the army but seems a bit too young and goofy to have attained such rank. If you just sit back and watch the movie it's an ok flick.
                      thats the main reason Im not seeing it. crappy looking cgi or just too much of it. film stunts need to be done for real again for the love of god! ,and Marlon Wayans is a terrible-Horrible actor .maybe I will see it on dvd but thats a big maybe? just call it Megaforce 2009!

Comment

• livingdead70
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 24, 2009

Marlan Wyans is in this?lord save me please...................
                        trey

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

Just saw it and I thought it was freakin' awesome!! they changed a lot from the cartoon storyline but it was still really good... i think it's gonna do really good and I look forward to part 2
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

i am going to take the kiddies to see it at the drive in tomorrow night. I can't wait.....looks badass

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I heard Christopher Eccleston (aka Dr Who) plays in it.

Is that true ?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎