Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I have been defending this's season's WD non stop...but tonight's episode was the very worst I've ever seen. An entire episode just featuring Tara? Tara? Seriously, a second rate character? The episode was inept, lazy, and just plain boring. This one blew chunks.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Oh, yeah...another more obscure character was featured too...Heath...yawn...
      sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

WD this season does seem to dragging it's feet a bit. Overall, I enjoyed the little bits of humour courtesy of Tara in tonight's episode and it did introduce us to yet another group, perhaps a group that, combined with Alexandria, Hilltop and The Kingdom might be able to bring Negan down. The sand walkers were pretty cool, too. I do have to wonder, however, remembering what we found out way back in Season 1, how zombies continue to "survive" if most of their brain matter is desiccated or just rotted away since the brain is pretty much what drives them...
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

They killed all their males from 10 on up ..........

C'mon on ..... I know the Saviors are the "bad guys" but we are starting to leave comic book villainy and entering black comedy.

I'm guessing next we'll find out the Saviors killed all of the kittens and puppies too

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
            WD this season does seem to dragging it's feet a bit. Overall, I enjoyed the little bits of humour courtesy of Tara in tonight's episode and it did introduce us to yet another group, perhaps a group that, combined with Alexandria, Hilltop and The Kingdom might be able to bring Negan down.
            I'm with Hector that I couldn't quite believe that we were getting an all-Tara episode, but I'm also with you that some of it at least felt refreshing. Only two eps left for this "season", and it seems like we've barely seen the main cast. I know that's how it goes now with this show (makes filming more efficient for all involved), but I don't have to like it..

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

There is no reason to keep giving entire episodes to one or two characters. They could have spread all these storylines out over all of the shows so far, instead of wasting time on what seems like a lot of filler. And yes, I realize this is all setup for later on, but geez! All setup and then another months long break.
              The producers need to realize that there are main characters and supporting characters. Tara is the latter. Heath isn't even that. Michonne hasn't done anything since she hooked up with Rick. Rosita is the only one acting po'd. And someone please give cryin' Eugene a tissue. It says a lot that the only person actively doing anything is Carl?!? A lot of that comes from Robert Kirkman I think, because he does that in the comic book too. Everyone is important, until all of a sudden they're not. Drags things out, it does.
              I think too much time is being spent on making clever new zombies and less on plot. The idea that a lot of these shows have where the whole season revolves around one villain and a mega plot needs to end. As the ratings seem to show, they would be better served moving things along, maybe ending Negan by mid season and something else in the second half.
              Last edited by johnnystorm; Nov 28, '16, 6:51 PM.

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

I think they will be dragging their feet for a while, based on where the comics go. I think that is part of the problem.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                  Oh, yeah...another more obscure character was featured too...Heath...yawn...
                  Heya Hector...did you happen to see the t-shirt Greg Nicotero was wearing in his clip on TTD? Worth checking out if you didn't. I though of you when I saw it.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

To me, the show has two problems.

First, the endless repetition of "the heroes meet another group led by a sociopath". Yeah, we know, people are mean.

Second, the story isn't going anywhere. People just wander around, without direction, until they get killed.

What I would like to see, is:
                    More focus on Walkers. That's why I started watching.
                    Some sort of conclusion, where we see either a cure (by scientists? the army?), or a last stand/we all die in the apocalypse" scenario.

The OTT murder of Glenn really killed my appetite for TWD, but this endless repeat of sociopaths and wandering around even more...
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Btw, when they do introduce a new concept (like the Kingdom), they then wander off and no longer address that for several eps. Really annoying.
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

A lot of TWD issues comes from that they can't afford the scale. The serialize format drags every little nuance out not because it's beneficial, but because the small things are inexpensive, and so we get cheap-o eps like Tara's where there's no heavy expenses, to offset all the money coming next week and the second half.

You want scary? Gimple said when they do Negan's bio episode, it's going to be very Lost-ish and they may have to bring Damon Lindelof on to do it. That is when the show really loses its audience and becomes Lost or X-Files; shows where the audience drop is so big, they have to promote the final season as a way to bring people back.

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

For the most part I'm ok with the content, and the path they are going this season. There's a lot of material from the books to draw from and they are trying to align that, and I get it. No problem... The way it has been presented during this season 7 just plain sucks. We all know there's multiple groups spread out now, but I'm not sure devoting entire episodes to them in needed. I liked the Daryl episode pretty well, until I realized that all happened during a three day window. The Hilltop episode was pretty bad, the end was fine, but the rest was eh... Tara's episode was ok as well, but it didn't have to be a full episode. We only have two more left and I guess that's the problem I have. I bet most of the actors are feeling this was as well, since they are all part time right now.
                          Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by drquest
                            For the most part I'm ok with the content, and the path they are going this season. There's a lot of material from the books to draw from and they are trying to align that, and I get it. No problem... The way it has been presented during this season 7 just plain sucks. We all know there's multiple groups spread out now, but I'm not sure devoting entire episodes to them in needed.
                            Yep. That's the problem with block writing - blocking in production and writing towards that to meet budget.

It restrains editing because you have to follow those story beats. Logically, the episodes should have cut between ASF, Maggie, Tara, Darryl/Negan, Morgan/Kingdom...but that requires more shooting coverage.

I give them credit for how complicated it is to work with so many moving parts, but the cost of CG Shiva and this many cast members/locales requires longer episodes per week. Tara spliced with Darryl's solo ep would have been my call.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                              Wake Up Heavy
                              • Jan 31, 2010

It's been confirmed, by JDM at least, that Negan will be back for Season 8. That could mean a lot of different things, but for me it means I'll finally be taking it off my DVR programming. :/
                              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                                valar morghulis
                                • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
                                A lot of TWD issues comes from that they can't afford the scale. The serialize format drags every little nuance out not because it's beneficial, but because the small things are inexpensive, and so we get cheap-o eps like Tara's where there's no heavy expenses, to offset all the money coming next week and the second half.
                                I remember first hearing about this production necessity way back in the Star Trek TNG days.. exact same deal..

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎