Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Imagine if Negan was played by a guy that was built like Brock Lesnar. It would make sense that Rick was afraid of him and wouldn't clobber him all those times when he had the chance. The stupid "dude bro" things that Negan says would make sense coming out of a giant monsters mouth since no one would call him on how dumb he sounds.

It could work. The Governor was more of a threat the way it is.

But then, I'm starting to think the whole zombie thing has played out. Nothing changes, nothing get better, nothing works. There's barely even zombies in the show at this point. We get it.

I'm still watching hoping they'll wrap this up quick and try something else, because it's getting tough to make it to the end of the episode.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Hedj - I do like some of the tactics, like the matresses, but after Terminus, how the hell do they feel threatened? It's all too Woodbury/Governor for me.

I think about the timeline. Negan just smashed in two beloved people's heads...and huge pause...but you know they're coming...and as Rick said, he's gotten a helluva number people killed...how could they not realize it was Alamo/Little Bighorn time? I guess we're supposed to assume Negan had a spy watching them, but that was never stated. And the fact Negan didn't realize they killed his biker gang...wth?

In the storyline, Carl hitches a ride to Sanctuary and Negan takes him under his wing. They should have done that right after the head-smashing and then everything Rick and Negan do makes sense. But without the hostage, why comply?

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        Imagine if Negan was played by a guy that was built like Brock Lesnar. It would make sense that Rick was afraid of him and wouldn't clobber him all those times when he had the chance.
        I agree 100% I've said it more than once.
        Look I get it size doesn't matter in real life,I've bounced in bars and very seldom did a big dude ever give me grief it was always some 5'5" punk.
        But in television it's about visuals and JDM just doesn't scare me,he barely fills out his large jacket.
        Again great actor just poorly casted.
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

When I first heard of the casting, I thought of the Comedian and thought they'd hit the bullseye. He's a good actor and great at being a monster but man, he looks like Joey Ramone right now.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
            When I first heard of the casting, I thought of the Comedian and thought they'd hit the bullseye. He's a good actor and great at being a monster but man, he looks like Joey Ramone right now.
            HAHA!! JOEY RAMONE!!

Well, I, for one, won't be able to watch this season the same anymore...
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

This is rather old, but somehow I never had seen it. Pretty funny and all you Carl fans out there should like it.

Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I gotta admit, that was funny...

sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                  valar morghulis
                  • Mar 8, 2005

Saw a story detailing how ratings have been on a steady decline this season. Representative of my household.. the show has gone from a must-watch to a meh-watch

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I didn't watch the show but I have noticed that my wife's "Walking Dead Night" with friends every Sunday hasn't happened once since the second episode this season. They need to sprinkle in some hope stat!

Comment

• YoungOnce
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 29, 2007

I didn't watch the show but I have noticed that my wife's "Walking Dead Night" with friends every Sunday hasn't happened once since the second episode this season. They need to sprinkle in some hope stat!
                      You hit the nail on the head. I'm tired of watching people being mentally and physically tortured. I can watch the evening news for that.

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

This season turned the TWD survivors into victims of a schoolyard bulley. I think too much of the same villan can hurt a show like Damian Dark did to last seasons
                        Arrow, and Vandal Savage on DC Legends. The other thing is that the Comic book readers already know most of what is going to happen and that , and Negan, are killing
                        it for me and making things boring, and predictable. My co-workers use to talk about what happened last night on the TWD but not anymore !

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

The second episode of this season was phenomenal... It was the exact opposite of the premiere. Filled with hope and wonder and absurdity that piqued your interest and made you want more. But no one talked about it.

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hedji
                            But no one talked about it.
                            Actually that was discussed at least amongst my circle of friends and they just felt it was setting characters up for another fall.

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Yes, I can see that perspective too. But, not reading the comic, I did not see the King and his Tiger coming. And to make a former zookeeper with some summer stock acting experience become king in the Apocalypse is brilliant stuff. These horse people, who are the first to have decent body armor, I think are the powder keg that Rick's gang will ignite against Negan's crew. More characters will die. That's the nature of the show. I don't watch Game of Thrones, but I understand the casting door rotates pretty frequently too.

I am a zombie fan. I was raised on Romero. This feels like an extension of Romero's world. So I totally love it. I also totally understand the storyline fatigue of set 'em up, knock 'em down, then reset like a bowling alley. I actually don't like shows to go on for too many seasons. If viewership isn't there, I hope the writers and AMC can wrap it with some satisfaction, rather than having it go on past its welcome.

But if the show is too dark or gruesome, there are other zombie shows out there. Isn't iZombie supposed to be lighter fare? Maybe people would enjoy that more.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Z Nation is a similar premise done more for humor, but the show is not without its casualties.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎